Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Which types of notifications would you like to see most?

Friend posts a forum topic 0.050121654501217 5.0% [ 206 ]
Friend updates avatar/profile 0.03698296836983 3.7% [ 152 ]
I get a pm from someone 0.24890510948905 24.9% [ 1023 ]
Friend logs into site 0.21338199513382 21.3% [ 877 ]
Someone replies to my topic 0.18126520681265 18.1% [ 745 ]
Someone quotes me in forums 0.17201946472019 17.2% [ 707 ]
these alerts are annoying, I don't need them 0.097323600973236 9.7% [ 400 ]
Total Votes:[ 4110 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 ... 50 51 52 >

Ruthless Hunter

8,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I can't read that quickly for these fading alerts to be of any use. I'm sure that other people with LDs and RDs have the same problem.

Fashionable Friend

9,500 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
You should be able to click the notification for an avatar change, and it pops up in a new tab what they changed it to.

Vicious Rogue

alexbenjamen
When you turn this on, you'll see what your friends are doing while online or when you get a pm - you'll get an alert in the upper right hand corner and it will fade away in a few seconds. So for example, if one of your friends posts a new topic in the forums, you'll know about it right away and will be able to click on the alert to read the post.

There are 3 notifications currently:
1. New forum topic
2. Avater/profile update
3. Private message

If I get positive comments about it, will be planning on adding these notifications:
* Friend comes online (logs into the site)
* Friend replies to your topic
* Someone quotes me in forum

What other events would you like to see?

- The notification is too fast to read/click. If you could make it disappear within 13-18 seconds duration would be nice

- I would like the notifications to show Staff Notices as well so we can get real-time updates whats changing on Gaia biggrin

- In case if the notification divs stacked on top of each other, I would recommend it to have a close button "X"

- Prettify the notification div, current one looks too boring lol xD

I hope you will consider my suggestions and feedbacks biggrin

Omnipresent Streaker

10,400 Points
  • Timely Contributor 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Newbie Helper 100
alexbenjamen

I loved this function until it started glitching yesterday by showing the same notification every few seconds. I had to Deactivate it because of that. I'd really appreciate it if the problem was fixed and once it was fixed if Gaia could make a Staff Alert notifying everybody that it is fixed that way I know when to Reactivate it.

Hilarious Browser

5,050 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
i like it but it leaves so fast sometimes i dont know what it says

Lonely Fairy

8,900 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
I would really really appreciate for this to make some kind of noise. Personally, I keep a lot of tabs on my web browser and that means I don't always see these right away, if I even see them at all. I would really hope it would make (if possible) a customizable noise with a volume button. heart I would REALLY love to see this.
I've been using this most of the day, and I haven't gotten any form of notifications from it despite multiple PMs. I don't know if I'm not seeing it or if it isn't working for me for some reason, but making it a bit more noticeable would be nice.

I think we should be able to customize where it pops up on our screen, how big it is, how long it is there for, and maybe some kind of sound to go along with it.

I do plan on continuing to use this, and hopefully it will start working for me soon.

Beloved Friend

8,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
alexbenjamen
When you turn this on, you'll see what your friends are doing while online or when you get a pm - you'll get an alert in the upper right hand corner and it will fade away in a few seconds. So for example, if one of your friends posts a new topic in the forums, you'll know about it right away and will be able to click on the alert to read the post.

1. New forum topic
2. Avater/profile update
3. Private message

If I get positive comments about it, will be planning on adding these notifications:

What you should do is make these notifications for the marketplace. It would be helpful seeing the pricings of the items in your wish list as they are posted. This can also help see the rise of fall of the profits. Just an idea is all it is. I would find this very helpful.

Friend

This idea is nice, but it doesn't give me notifications when I'm not on the gaia tab.

For example, if I'm on Facebook or something it will not give me notifications if someone pms me.

Timid Duelist

9,450 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100
If I'm notified of receiving private messages faster than normal, then I, by all means, support it; however, say I'm not on this tab. It would be nice to have some sort of sound reminder.

Timid Millionaire

6,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
alexbenjamen

1. New forum topic
2. Avater/profile update
3. Private message

The features you have now are awesome, however, I feel that they're not on my page long enough for me to read them. They fade out too quickly. Another note, I feel that all notifications should be a possibility. You could add the ability for us users to select which we would and would not like to use under our settings. Personally, I'd use them all. Please take this under consideration! I feel little details like these could greatly improve Gaia.
heart heart

Shadowy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Timid 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
My alert for messages is sort of ---- Off? When I got online I had a message from a friend. And I answered it. Then I was in the forums and the alert for that message from her (which i already got and replied to) popped up. And it did it a second time too. But there were no new messages x.x So I like the idea of this. I just don't like how it's preforming at the moment.
I really liked the idea, but it got kind of excessive when an alert popped up every time someone changed their avi, and it'd keep popping up, sometimes when the event didn't even happen. Also, it gets in the way when I'm trying to roll dice/generate a number/etc., accidentally clicking on a link [friend's topic] instead of the generating.

Star

9,800 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
The only thing I ever got when I used the Async was '{username} just updated their avatar' and this person wasn't even online.
While is is a good idea, I saw the notification but it went away in less than a second and I didn't get to read it. So it's a good idea but it needs some work still I think smile . It would be nice if the motivation was for a pm, that it didn't get rid of the actual pm notification that you would get on the top, next to your avatar letting you know you had one, or if there was an option to almost mark the notification as "seen" before it went away, maybe. Something like that.
Just ideas smile .
Have a nice day.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas