Welcome to Gaia! ::

If Gaia was to adjust crafting changes, what would you like to see implemented?

Crafting Cost Cap (Cannot cost more than 'x' gold, odds stay the same) 0.15477629987908 15.5% [ 128 ]
Scaling Odds (Subsequent failures increase crafting success) 0.62877871825877 62.9% [ 520 ]
Scaling Fixed Cost (Formula has a cost to craft which reduces based on Alchemy Level) 0.14026602176542 14.0% [ 116 ]
Other (Please share!) 0.076178960096735 7.6% [ 63 ]
Total Votes:[ 827 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 55 56 57 > >>

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
genesisfair
._. how do I craft

Zzyli - Zzy as in Xylophone, Li as in leaf

Try reading the Alchemy FAQ for starters, and then I'd suggest An Introduction to Alchemy which is a guide which covers most of the basic things you need to know to get started with crafting & levelling.

Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative...

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Zzyli

Did two crafts at very low chance. 3nodding

One crafted on the second try. The other crafted on the 9th try, excluding chain fails ofc. heart

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Another very low: succeeded on 6th try. heart

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
sparky_one
I don't know if you want to count the lower level formulas, as the alchemist I had craft these for me is a level 10, but here's all the info for my Aurora.....

Formula Level: 3: Amphithere's Hypnotic Eye
Alchemist Level: 10

Formula Level: 7: Ankou's Strand of White Hair

To quote the first post...
Zzyli, emphasis added
So, what I am hoping to do is collect some statistics on the number of attempts required for different people to craft formula either at level, or the level directly above the level of the formula they are crafting.

The reason for this is because it only takes two levels of advantage over the formula to give even the Very Low formulas a 100% chance of crafting unless there's something wrong with the coding or the components.

Ruthless Capitalist

12,000 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
Formula Level: 1
Formula Odds: Medium
Alchemist Level: 1
Attempts Required: 5 and counting....

Sparkly Fairy

8,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
Platonix
sparky_one
I don't know if you want to count the lower level formulas, as the alchemist I had craft these for me is a level 10, but here's all the info for my Aurora.....

Zzyli, emphasis added
So, what I am hoping to do is collect some statistics on the number of attempts required for different people to craft formula either at level, or the level directly above the level of the formula they are crafting.

The reason for this is because it only takes two levels of advantage over the formula to give even the Very Low formulas a 100% chance of crafting unless there's something wrong with the coding or the components.

Forgive me for being old, obviously blind and forgetful of exactly what the first post said by the time I reached the last page. I'm not doing alchemy myself, so I don't know anything about how it really works....except that it's more expense than I care to undergo. I was only giving the information I had. Next time I won't bother.

BTW, are you a NH native or are you an implant?

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
sparky_one
Platonix
sparky_one

Zzyli, emphasis added

Forgive me for being old, obviously blind and forgetful of exactly what the first post said by the time I reached the last page. I'm not doing alchemy myself, so I don't know anything about how it really works....except that it's more expense than I care to undergo. I was only giving the information I had. Next time I won't bother.

neutral You sound like you took offense at what I said. You started off by saying you didn't know, so I explained.
And my parents grew up in New York, but I was born and raised in New Hampshire.

Sparkly Fairy

8,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
Platonix
sparky_one
Platonix
sparky_one

Zzyli, emphasis added

neutral You sound like you took offense at what I said. You started off by saying you didn't know, so I explained.
And my parents grew up in New York, but I was born and raised in New Hampshire.

Yes, actually I did. It's probably my bad for assuming you're some smart a** teenager who's trying to school me on how the bear shits in the woods, but after dealing with 3 of my own smart a** kids all day, I could probably take offense if you blinked at me wrong right now. Please forgive me.

Hmmm, then I would place bets you live in the southern part. I was born and raised up in The Great North Woods.....relocated to the southern part when I implanted my husband from MA.

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Lol my second enchanted water took 33 tries. sweatdrop Some chain fails, but at 10k ea, my gold went from 630k to 300k, so 33 legit tries.. crying

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
Ze3k
Lol my second enchanted water took 33 tries. sweatdrop Some chain fails, but at 10k ea, my gold went from 630k to 300k, so 33 legit tries.. crying

Zzyli - Zzy as in Xylophone, Li as in leaf

Looks like there are just some of those anomalies. Most people seem to craft at Very Low at level in 10 or less attempts, but some people are just lucky unlucky.

sparky_one

Platonix

I've been crafting a lot of Philosopher's Caches and also Orb Aggregates at Level 3, and have actually recently come across a couple of genuine failures to craft (they have taken my gold). So I'm not sure if I should make a section for 2 or more levels above the formula level. I've kept the data but I'm not sure if I'm going to do anything with it yet. I think that there would be a 99% + success rate, but there can be failures. I'd need to be less lazy & start tracking all my crafts properly then. *sighs*

Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative...

Peaceful Lunatic

Here's another one from me... same category, but that's three of them!

Formula Level: 3
Formula Odds: Very High
Alchemist Level: 3
Attempts Required: 1

Well I haven't failed a Very High formula yet, but it would be interesting to see if it is possible. One of my in-progress level 3 formulas is a Low or Very Low one, but I'm still hoping to get lucky with it (Twinkle Truffle, because I could get experience from Hypno Lollipop with it).

Godlike Nerd

18,100 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
Another for you!

Formula Level: Formula 4: Candy Mountain
Formula Odds: very low
Alchemist Level: 4
Attempts Required: 14 crying (not including chain fails)

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Zzyli
Maybe there are some chainfails that cost gold, and others that don't? confused Were the fails part of a chain? confused

Hmm...

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Zzyli
Oh yeah when I was crafting the enchanted water 33 times... it was weird because the fail screen loaded extremely quickly, similar to the error fails.. confused Hmm...

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Crafted another very low.. it succeeded on 3rd attempt. o.o;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers