Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lucky Angel

Yourlocalhobo
II Pomy II
I guess you can count the 2 main ones I remember:

* Angelic Quest
* Celestial Quest

xD. I would but without all the other cases you opened I think it would probably obscure the data :/
The whole thing altogether won't work unless you have every single users results.

Half the users on the site could be getting complete opposite formulas to the ones you're showing greater drops of.
I guess the least we can do is test it out and see where it all goes. No doubt the Imp formulas are going to have the highest drop rate. xD

Dangerous Lunatic

12,525 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
II Pomy II
Yourlocalhobo
II Pomy II
I guess you can count the 2 main ones I remember:

* Angelic Quest
* Celestial Quest

xD. I would but without all the other cases you opened I think it would probably obscure the data :/
The whole thing altogether won't work unless you have every single users results.

Half the users users on the site could be getting complete opposite formulas to the ones you're showing greater drops of.
I guess the least we can do is test it out and see where it all goes. No doubt the Imp formulas are going to have the highest drop rate. xD

well i figure once I get say 10k cases worth of data, I'll know around the percentage to get most things. razz

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
II Pomy II

Half the users on the site could be getting complete opposite formulas to the ones you're showing greater drops of.

Zzyli - Zzy as in Xylophone, Li as in leaf

Stupid Imp formula emo

It's about getting enough data to get a reasonable approximation. I mean, Gaia themselves probably has rates at which they let certain items drop (not sure exactly what kind of algorithms go into a chance item), but as we don't have access to that information, it's an attempt to get proportions empirically (by getting lots of data).

It's impossible to get everything spot on, as any kind of survey has bias (the people who actually submit who tend to either be the conscientious or the lucky), but it's still an interesting attempt.

Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative...

Fluffy Bunny

20,800 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
Yourlocalhobo

Opened 2 more:
Formula 6: Forked Candy Horns
Formula 8: Gardener's Blonde Twin Curls
CRAFTED AND OPENED 2: FLOATING ANGEL IMP POTION B AND FLOATING DEVIL IMP POTION D.

HOPING TO CRAFT MORE IF I CAN GET THE ITEMS FOR IT. ONE DONE WITH PAPER AND ONE DONE WITH FLOWERS, NOW TRYING TO DO ONE WITH BUGS, BUT BUGS HAVE DISAPPEARED FOR ME AND HAVEN'T SEEN A BUG IN ABOUT A WEEK. ANY IDEAS ON THAT?

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
MOTHERWOLF57
CRAFTED AND OPENED 2: FLOATING ANGEL IMP POTION B AND FLOATING DEVIL IMP POTION D.

HOPING TO CRAFT MORE IF I CAN GET THE ITEMS FOR IT. ONE DONE WITH PAPER AND ONE DONE WITH FLOWERS, NOW TRYING TO DO ONE WITH BUGS, BUT BUGS HAVE DISAPPEARED FOR ME AND HAVEN'T SEEN A BUG IN ABOUT A WEEK. ANY IDEAS ON THAT?

That happens sometimes with bugs.

Seriously, it's a common problem with no real explanation. Bugs are a bit harder to find in general than the other two, but any time they've disappeared with no reason, they've turned up again a few days later.

Also, so many imp potions *cries*

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Zzyli
MOTHERWOLF57

That happens sometimes with bugs.

Seriously, it's a common problem with no real explanation. Bugs are a bit harder to find in general than the other two, but any time they've disappeared with no reason, they've turned up again a few days later.

Also, so many imp potions *cries*

I'm pretty sure a given area of Towns gradually produces less stuff if it's constantly picked clean at a high rate. I assume that's why I always find a lot more stuff in the areas around my Gaia House, which is way off in the boonies, than in the most heavily populated parts of Gaia Towns that can be reached in the very first block of the Towns Directory.

You might have better luck with bugs if you go far afield of where you usually go.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
Platonix

I'm pretty sure a given area of Towns gradually produces less stuff if it's constantly picked clean at a high rate. I assume that's why I always find a lot more stuff in the areas around my Gaia House, which is way off in the boonies, than in the most heavily populated parts of Gaia Towns that can be reached in the very first block of the Towns Directory.

You might have better luck with bugs if you go far afield of where you usually go.

That is a plausible explanation. Though I've actually picked near my house pretty clean recently. I've started putting in arbitrary 5 digit locales. xd

Dangerous Lunatic

12,525 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100

Sharacia

Data entered . Thanks again heart

----------

MOTHERWOLF57

Entered. Thanks for the data heart

Shameless Lunatic

Made & opened one a couple of days ago and got Formula 6: Blue and Silver Short Keido Wig

Dangerous Lunatic

12,525 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
CherryBlossem
Made & opened one a couple of days ago and got Formula 6: Blue and Silver Short Keido Wig

thanks for adding to the data heart
i opened 2

i got

Formula 9: Radiant Heart Headband
and the white and gold short kiedo wig thingy emo

WHYYY MEEE scream

i have the urge to buy another

Fashionable Lunatic

10,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Your avatar is so cute!
emotion_kirakira

Shameless Noob

15,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Yourlocalhobo
I think you're crazy.. getting unbiased data on quest rarity is hard enough.. rofl

But good luck ^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces