Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tactical Superhero

Lei_Trigar
xiuxie
Alchemy is a hobby for rich gaians aint it

Pretty much, well if you want to get through it fast you need to be fairly wealthy. Otherwise you can make and craft Philosopher Caches and Alchemist Cases to fund your Alchemy needs, it will take longer to get to Level 10 that way and it won't completely drain everything you own getting there.
how much do you think i would need to begin

Perle Angelique's Significant Otter

Benevolent Hellraiser

21,450 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hunter 50
When I started, I didn't have a whole lot, about 600k. Instead of spending all this, I haggled for items and made philosopher's caches. It leveled me up and gave me components for other formulas. When I made an Ectoplasm (back when they cost like a bajillion dollars) and a Norman, I made a decent chunk of change. I've been stuck at level 3 for awhile, but recently hit level four and am trying to get back at it. ^_^

Original Survivor

xiuxie
Lei_Trigar
xiuxie

Pretty much, well if you want to get through it fast you need to be fairly wealthy. Otherwise you can make and craft Philosopher Caches and Alchemist Cases to fund your Alchemy needs, it will take longer to get to Level 10 that way and it won't completely drain everything you own getting there.

To start? Not much, Levels 1 and 2 are fairly easy to get through, even more easier if you play zOMG!, if you do you can craft the Orb Aggregates, if you don't play the game you can craft many other easier Formulas, on the first page near the bottom (Post 10) I have a list of the easiest Formulas to craft, and I'm going to update it today since I've just remembered some of the easy ones I've missed.

But once you hit Level 3 it starts getting real hard and that's when you'll need to start crafting those Caches and Cases to help fund your way to Level up.

Tactical Superhero

Lei_Trigar
xiuxie
Lei_Trigar
xiuxie

To start? Not much, Levels 1 and 2 are fairly easy to get through, even more easier if you play zOMG!, if you do you can craft the Orb Aggregates, if you don't play the game you can craft many other easier Formulas, on the first page near the bottom (Post 10) I have a list of the easiest Formulas to craft, and I'm going to update it today since I've just remembered some of the easy ones I've missed.

But once you hit Level 3 it starts getting real hard and that's when you'll need to start crafting those Caches and Cases to help fund your way to Level up.
I see. Well thank you for the help! I'll be looking into this further. Why do you want to pursue some alchemy? is it because it's fun? or becuase of the items you can get from them?

Original Survivor

xiuxie
Lei_Trigar
xiuxie
Lei_Trigar
xiuxie

I see. Well thank you for the help! I'll be looking into this further. Why do you want to pursue some alchemy? is it because it's fun? or becuase of the items you can get from them?

My main reason was for the Achievements, kinda sad reason.. sweatdrop It's only because I haven't missed one yet so I try to keep it that way, only missing 2 right now and I ain't getting them anytime soon lol (Need to craft all 6 Backwings to get them).

Overall it was a interesting process, just wish they'd do more to it, like maybe add some kind of reverse Alchemy (turning things like the Lite Fish into the fish it needs to make them), or just giving us a Alchemist Title to use.. There is an update in the works but from what I know it's going to be delayed quite a bit.

Item wise there was some good ones, but there only a few I have any real interest in and of course so does nearly every other Gaian. sweatdrop

Tactical Superhero

Lei_Trigar
xiuxie
Lei_Trigar
xiuxie
Lei_Trigar
xiuxie

My main reason was for the Achievements, kinda sad reason.. sweatdrop It's only because I haven't missed one yet so I try to keep it that way, only missing 2 right now and I ain't getting them anytime soon lol (Need to craft all 6 Backwings to get them).

Overall it was a interesting process, just wish they'd do more to it, like maybe add some kind of reverse Alchemy (turning things like the Lite Fish into the fish it needs to make them), or just giving us a Alchemist Title to use.. There is an update in the works but from what I know it's going to be delayed quite a bit.

Item wise there was some good ones, but there only a few I have any real interest in and of course so does nearly every other Gaian. sweatdrop
oh i see. and i realized how hard it is to get the back wings D: -_-

Original Survivor

xiuxie
Lei_Trigar
xiuxie
Lei_Trigar
xiuxie

It's not fun, it's not even easy to get the Formula let alone the amount of gold needed to make them.. And I need to make all 6! gonk Only thing I can really hope for is once the update happens it'll make getting/crafting them easier.. Not likely but I can still hope. sweatdrop

Tactical Superhero

Lei_Trigar
xiuxie
Lei_Trigar
xiuxie
Lei_Trigar
xiuxie

It's not fun, it's not even easy to get the Formula let alone the amount of gold needed to make them.. And I need to make all 6! gonk Only thing I can really hope for is once the update happens it'll make getting/crafting them easier.. Not likely but I can still hope. sweatdrop
just get more people to complain about it i guess. D: yeah alchemy is pretty crazy for me D:

Original Survivor

xiuxie
just get more people to complain about it i guess. D: yeah alchemy is pretty crazy for me D:

People have always been complaining, when Alchemy first got introduced it was nearly impossible to get anywhere with it, unless you had a very large amount of gold, since then they have updated it and made it slightly more easier but it's still hard to get anywhere with it. Basically everyone is just waiting for the next update to happen, which has been delayed. sad

Also, I added a few more Formulas to the Level 1 section of what's the easiest to make. Should help you some. smile

Golden Demon

Lei_Trigar
here i already gave it to Worlds suckiest vendor

User Image

Original Survivor

Mastermind_BTG
Lei_Trigar

User Image

Cool, I see you finally got your Quest, best of luck crafting them! You going to go for the large wings?

Golden Demon

Lei_Trigar
Mastermind_BTG
Lei_Trigar

User Image

Cool, I see you finally got your Quest, best of luck crafting them! You going to go for the large wings?
yup all the way XD
no turning back now i already started XD

Original Survivor

Mastermind_BTG
Lei_Trigar
Mastermind_BTG
Lei_Trigar

User Image

yup all the way XD
no turning back now i already started XD

Getting the medium wings wont be so bad, its the large ones that'll put the biggest dent in your funds. But I'm sure you know that, best of luck man, its one of the ultimate quests here on Gaia.

Tactical Superhero

Lei_Trigar
xiuxie

People have always been complaining, when Alchemy first got introduced it was nearly impossible to get anywhere with it, unless you had a very large amount of gold, since then they have updated it and made it slightly more easier but it's still hard to get anywhere with it. Basically everyone is just waiting for the next update to happen, which has been delayed. sad

Also, I added a few more Formulas to the Level 1 section of what's the easiest to make. Should help you some. smile
i see. O; i have never been really updated with alchemy. xd and thank you for the help biggrin

Man-Hungry Fairy

12,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Bookworm 100
I just wanna say this guide has been so helpful to me, and now I'm finally level 3~ Thanks so much for making this guide! biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff