Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Ridley Starsmore
Sweet cranberry jebus, how do you guys get so many?
As far as I've seen, generally either (or both) of two ways:

1) lots of gold to spend in the Marketplace

2) lots of time to spend playing Flash games to collect the ingredients personally
2b) Oh, yeah, and computers that are fully compatible with Flash.

Angelic Nitemare

Platonix
Ridley Starsmore
Sweet cranberry jebus, how do you guys get so many?
As far as I've seen, generally either (or both) of two ways:

1) lots of gold to spend in the Marketplace

2) lots of time to spend playing Flash games to collect the ingredients personally
2b) Oh, yeah, and computers that are fully compatible with Flash.

I have neither one of those! gonk I am so boned. emo

Sparkly Hunter

8,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Platonix
hellokit12690137
How do you get the colored caches? Im a little confused.
On April 18th, there was a major change to the way the Philosopher's Cache works. Now, when you open the basic Philosopher's Cache, you are randomly granted one of the ten colored Caches (bag within a bag. Cache-ception.) That's what we're tracking the rates for here.

Then, when you open a colored Cache, you can choose freely among the Alchemy components found within, like opening a Thank You Letter. Most colored caches have 24 components to pick from; the Platinum cache has fewer.
are you always granted a bag because all the caches I have made and opened have always just had something for me to pick it never granted me a certain colored catch

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
hellokit12690137
Platonix
hellokit12690137
On April 18th, there was a major change to the way the Philosopher's Cache works. Now, when you open the basic Philosopher's Cache, you are randomly granted one of the ten colored Caches (bag within a bag. Cache-ception.) That's what we're tracking the rates for here.

Then, when you open a colored Cache, you can choose freely among the Alchemy components found within, like opening a Thank You Letter. Most colored caches have 24 components to pick from; the Platinum cache has fewer.
are you always granted a bag because all the caches I have made and opened have always just had something for me to pick it never granted me a certain colored catch
When's the last time you opened one? Any and all of the basic, non-colored Philosopher's Caches opened since April 18th should grant a colored cache.

Angelic Nitemare

Opened 3: 2 Aquamarines and one topaz

Fashionable Bunny

20,650 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
Opened one cache and got:

Ruby

Sparkly Hunter

8,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Platonix
hellokit12690137
Platonix
hellokit12690137

When's the last time you opened one? Any and all of the basic, non-colored Philosopher's Caches opened since April 18th should grant a colored cache.
I opended four of them two days ago

Fashionable Bunny

20,650 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
hellokit12690137
Platonix
hellokit12690137
Platonix
hellokit12690137

Really? That does not sound at all accurate. Did you purchase them? Did you "make" them before April 18th?

Sparkly Hunter

8,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Rizuzua
hellokit12690137
Platonix
hellokit12690137
Platonix
hellokit12690137

Really? That does not sound at all accurate. Did you purchase them? Did you "make" them before April 18th?
I made them the same day i opened them but nevermind i figured it out I was thinking people emant that it granted you a colored and then you opened it to see what you have to choose butwhen you first open it is grants the color plus opens the colored cache

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
You were probably just clicking through and failing to notice when you had the option to not open the colored Caches.

I've gone ahead and updated the first post with what info's been posted since my last update. And judging by history, now that I've done that someone's probably going to come along and post some big numbers in the next couple hours.

Sparkly Hunter

8,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Platonix
You were probably just clicking through and failing to notice when you had the option to not open the colored Caches.

I've gone ahead and updated the first post with what info's been posted since my last update. And judging by history, now that I've done that someone's probably going to come along and post some big numbers in the next couple hours.
when I open mine it grants me the colored cache and at the same time it shows me what componets are in the cache. It doesn't just grant me a colored cache and then I have to open that to see what I got. It does both at the same time grants me the color and opens it.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Waffles! 25
hellokit12690137
Platonix

when I open mine it grants me the colored cache and at the same time it shows me what componets are in the cache. It doesn't just grant me a colored cache and then I have to open that to see what I got. It does both at the same time grants me the color and opens it.
Yeah. If you look around the screen you have the option to just close the dialog box or something instead of taking an item out of the colored bag.

Sparkly Hunter

8,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Platonix
hellokit12690137
Platonix

Yeah. If you look around the screen you have the option to just close the dialog box or something instead of taking an item out of the colored bag.
oh I know that I thought you meant that when you opened the cache that it granted you the colored cache and then you opened the colored cache and I was saying that mine does it at the same time. I know that I can close it and just sell the cache

Godlike Nerd

18,100 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
It's probably not that much, but I figured I would keep track of how many caches I could craft in a month and what I received from them. Hopefully it helps! biggrin

150 Total Caches

14 x Amethyst
30 x Aquamarine
5 x Diamond
35 x Emerald
23 x Garnet
4 x Gold
1 x Platinum
8 x Ruby
20 x Sapphire
10 x Topaz
11 bags