• Waffles! 25
Bump run! biggrin

Dark Light Doom's One That Got Away

Anxious Fairy

20,500 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
Started to like alchemy, can't afford the formula I want now though. Thanks inflation lol.

But seriously this guide is awesome, thanks Zzy.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
Darkened Fay
Started to like alchemy, can't afford the formula I want now though. Thanks inflation lol.

I'm glad it can help! You've just got to be smart about what you craft I guess. Everything is kind of expensive these days except for those Dander ear recolours ninja , but some things are more expensive than others. What were you hoping to make exactly?

Anxious Fairy

20,500 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Love Machine 150
Zzyli
Darkened Fay

I'm glad it can help! You've just got to be smart about what you craft I guess. Everything is kind of expensive these days except for those Dander ear recolours ninja , but some things are more expensive than others. What were you hoping to make exactly?

I was going to make a mint sundae sweets but the only formula listed is 70 mill

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
Darkened Fay

gonk If you'd asked me last year, I had a spare on my mule, but I sold it to help top up my funds for Christmas.

You can get the formula in ZOMG from beating Kamila, and for some inexplicable reason, the Stone Coatl on hard. I know that Coatl drops it, because the account where I got it granted has never been in DMS. I know which one is faster to beat 4laugh So, if I were you, I'd start making the aggs you need, and try and get a crew for Coatl when you can, you need it to get the Obsidian whatsidoover anyway. It takes ages to buy all the formulae and craft the aggs, so hopefully you can get a recipe to drop in that time, or the MP price may become less ridiculous (although, with our current economic climate, perhaps not... sweatdrop ).

Anxious Fairy

20,500 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Love Machine 150
Zzyli
Darkened Fay

gonk If you'd asked me last year, I had a spare on my mule, but I sold it to help top up my funds for Christmas.

You can get the formula in ZOMG from beating Kamila, and for some inexplicable reason, the Stone Coatl on hard. I know that Coatl drops it, because the account where I got it granted has never been in DMS. I know which one is faster to beat 4laugh So, if I were you, I'd start making the aggs you need, and try and get a crew for Coatl when you can, you need it to get the Obsidian whatsidoover anyway. It takes ages to buy all the formulae and craft the aggs, so hopefully you can get a recipe to drop in that time, or the MP price may become less ridiculous (although, with our current economic climate, perhaps not... sweatdrop ).

And this is why you're the best. I made a thread looking for a crew to kill Kam but like you said we all know what's quicker/easier/less aggrivating! heart

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
Darkened Fay

And this is why you're the best. I made a thread looking for a crew to kill Kam but like you said we all know what's quicker/easier/less aggrivating! heart

You're very welcome! It's not an especially well known fact, I've only heard of 2 or 3 other instances of having Coatl drop the Mint Sundae Sweets formula, and none were sufficiently well documented for me to be sure of it actually happening prior to it showing up on my mule. I think because people don't do Coatl much, and also because the formula drop doesn't appear on your screen unlike recipes, the information hasn't really caught on.

Desirable Genius

9,450 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Darkened Fay

Contact me...

~Roy

User Image

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
RoyMustangTheGod

Contact me...

~Roy

Is there something in particular that you want to know about Alchemy?

Friendly Giver

19,000 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
I'm about to go into Level 6.
any recommendations on which formulas?

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
insane chocolatelover
I'm about to go into Level 6.
any recommendations on which formulas?

Honestly, I haven't done any specific costing on formulae recently. When I did Level 6, I did a bunch of crafting for friends and made Glittering Stockings, which I painstakingly spent months collecting Night Jewels for without clearing the MP or driving up the ABP. I wouldn't suggest that based on the current costs, and even then it wasn't the cheapest, it was just that I wanted the stockings. xd

Are you after the cheapest way, or the fastest way? They're not always the same (and in fact usually aren't the same).

With the current MP climate, instinctively, I'd say that the cheapest/fastest way would involve crafting components. You can either make 40 Level 5 crafted components (Sunstones and Moonstones will probably let you break even or make a small profit as a bunch are needed for backwing crafting), or 10 Level 6 crafted components if you don't care about the odds too much (the mean rate of success for Very Low crafting is around 11 attempts, so you'd be looking at each craft taking on average 11 attempts to succeed [though you may get some in one attempt, or take 50 to do something else]). Uranium Biscuits, Celestial Glow, Angel Blood, and Demon Blood are all Level 6 components used in backwings, but bloods do require quite a few Gold Cache components. Crafting components one level below your level will help to even out and reduce your crafting costs, but it's going to take you longer to collect what you need.

There's also a few formulae in the Level 6 list which require relatively few components, so those may be an option for you (again, I haven't looked into exactly what these will cost you).

To get what you want out of Alchemy, you've got to make some of these decisions yourself. When I was levelling up, the MP climate was very different, and I personally chose to make a variety of items which I wanted to keep, so as part of my Alchemy journey, I have a bunch of things like Cupcake Dresses, Glittering Stockings, Meows and such. Many people would prefer to take either the fastest or the cheapest route to level 10, and select based on those criterion.

Bibliophile

I've never really done Alchemy, nor do I plan to really get into it hardcore (I'm simply not rich enough), but I do have a ton of orbs I want to craft into aggregates.

This is probably the nubbiest question ever, but I couldn't find it in the FAQ or guide by Pan.. If you've crafted an item succesfully, does the formula disappear? Do you have to rebuy the formula everytime you want to craft an orb aggregate?

I have about 39k of orbs D: It's gonna take ages to buy enough formulae (in singles) to craft all of those up D:

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
TasteChaos
I've never really done Alchemy, nor do I plan to really get into it hardcore (I'm simply not rich enough), but I do have a ton of orbs I want to craft into aggregates.

This is probably the nubbiest question ever, but I couldn't find it in the FAQ or guide by Pan.. If you've crafted an item succesfully, does the formula disappear? Do you have to rebuy the formula everytime you want to craft an orb aggregate?

I have about 39k of orbs D: It's gonna take ages to buy enough formulae (in singles) to craft all of those up D:

Yes, if you succesfully craft a formula, the formula you used is consumed (along with your components and the crafting cost). If you fail, only the gold is consumed, your components and formula aren't used up. So, to use up all of your 39k of orbs, you'll need to buy 390 Orb Agg formulae. There is still no bulk purchasing option for formulae. It's like pancakes all over again gonk (When Alchemy was in its early stages, you had to use 10 pancakes per recipe, and there was no bulk purchasing option).

My preference is to just make myself comfy and put on some music or a movie and buy the whole lot at once, but I know other people don't find the idea of clicking thousands of times in one day fun, and prefer to buy in smaller batches.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff