Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Kitten

7,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Jazzy-Devine
The Fuzzy Fairy
I was once told that Finnish is a verrrry difficult language and was only spoken in

one area. ^-^;;

I'm sorry if I seem rude for asking. Just curious. >.<

Um, I would say it varies from person to person on if it is difficult or not.
And, yeah, it's pretty much just spoken in Finland. But, I'm sure there are little pockets of Finnish speaking people elsewhere in the world. We have Finnish people here in the US in Minnesota and Wisconsin. ^^

I'm in Wisconsin! xd
And both my parents were from Minnesota, lol.
I haven't heard anyone speak Finnish yet though. o__O
K i t t e h N i n j a
Jazzy-Devine
The Fuzzy Fairy
I was once told that Finnish is a verrrry difficult language and was only spoken in

one area. ^-^;;

I'm sorry if I seem rude for asking. Just curious. >.<

Um, I would say it varies from person to person on if it is difficult or not.
And, yeah, it's pretty much just spoken in Finland. But, I'm sure there are little pockets of Finnish speaking people elsewhere in the world. We have Finnish people here in the US in Minnesota and Wisconsin. ^^

I'm in Wisconsin! xd
And both my parents were from Minnesota, lol.
I haven't heard anyone speak Finnish yet though. o__O

Really? They have Finnish summer camps in Minnesota.
And, I heard about an Oulu, Wisconsin.... full of Finns.
There's also an Oulu, Finland. XDD Looks like they missed Finland...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oulu,_Wisconsin

User Image
As I have understood it, there are quite some people living in North America with Finnish heritage. Mainly around the northern parts, if my memory serves me right, because the landscape is quite similiar to Finland.

Can't be sure though. surprised

Oh well... I sure as hell wouldn't mind moving somewhere else from here. If not move away, atleast travel a bit. I've always had the urge to travel around the world, seeing different countries; especially Romania, Ireland, Iran (or Iraq), Jamaica and Cuba. The more countries I get to see before I die, the better. 3nodding

I guess I'm just born to travel or something... surprised
Pikku-Timppa
As I have understood it, there are quite some people living in North America with Finnish heritage. Mainly around the northern parts, if my memory serves me right, because the landscape is quite similiar to Finland.

Can't be sure though. surprised

Oh well... I sure as hell wouldn't mind moving somewhere else from here. If not move away, atleast travel a bit. I've always had the urge to travel around the world, seeing different countries; especially Romania, Ireland, Iran (or Iraq), Jamaica and Cuba. The more countries I get to see before I die, the better. 3nodding

I guess I'm just born to travel or something... surprised

You want to go to warm places. I wanna go to cold places. XDDD
I've lived in warm places my whole life. Always south US and Puerto Rico.
I live in the North now. And it's really coooold here.

And I wouldn't know if the landscape is the same is really the same. But, we have lots of snow. Heh. :'D

I haven't met any Finnish people at all yet, but plenty of Russian people.

User Image

Quotable Kitten

7,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Quote:

User Image

You know what's creepy?
I live REALLY close to Oulu, Wisconsin.
I actually have never been there before though. I've drove past it zillions of times though. They have the Finnish flag painted on a rock at the beginning of the road. x3
I might go to the corn maze, if they have that again this year.. I know they had a maze last year.
K i t t e h N i n j a
Quote:

User Image

You know what's creepy?
I actually have never been there before though. I've drove past it zillions of times though. They have the Finnish flag painted on a rock at the beginning of the road. x3
I might go to the corn maze, if they have that again this year.. I know they had a maze last year.

I wanna go to Oulu. crying That way I have someone to talk with....
What's a corn maze?

User Image
Oulu is one of our most notable cities. 3nodding

Quotable Kitten

7,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Regular 100
You know what's creepy?

I wanna go to Oulu. crying That way I have someone to talk with....
What's a corn maze?

User Image

A corn maze is, well.. a maze of corn basically! There's a big field of corn and pathways are leading through it. Lol.
Minä olen syntynyt Ruotsissa, mutta minun vanhemmat ovat suomalaisia. Minä puhun suomea aivan sujuvasti, mutta minulla on vähän ongelmia kirjoittaa suomea ja gramatiikka on aika vaikea ... kun puhun suomea kotona niin emme oikein välitetä jos puhutaan suomea "oikein", jos vain ymmärtää se on hyvä juttu. xd

Mielestäni suomen lukeminen on tosi rasittavaa, on paljon helpompaa lukea ruotsia. ;D Olen vasta aloittanut opiskelemaan suomea koulussa, ja nyt minä huomaan että minun suomi ei ole yhtä hyvä kun minä luulin. whee

Hygienic Citizen

8,575 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Silverfeet
Minä olen syntynyt Ruotsissa, mutta minun vanhemmat ovat suomalaisia. Minä puhun suomea aivan sujuvasti, mutta minulla on vähän ongelmia kirjoittaa suomea ja gramatiikka on aika vaikea ... kun puhun suomea kotona niin emme oikein välitetä jos puhutaan suomea "oikein", jos vain ymmärtää se on hyvä juttu. xd

Mielestäni suomen lukeminen on tosi rasittavaa, on paljon helpompaa lukea ruotsia. ;D Olen vasta aloittanut opiskelemaan suomea koulussa, ja nyt minä huomaan että minun suomi ei ole yhtä hyvä kun minä luulin. whee

Hei, hienostihan sinä pärjäsit. 3nodding Minä ainakin ymmärsin kaiken mitä sanoit. Itse olen asunut 4 vuotta Ruotsissa, Göteborgissa ja Tukholmassa. Opiskelin siellä sosiolgiaa, sosiaalipsygologiaa, yritystaloutta ja tietojenkäsittelyoppia. Niin, ja tietysti kävin töissä opintojen rahoittamiseksi ja muutenkin. biggrin

@ Silverfeet- Mäkin pidän Rasmusin biisia "Living in a World without you"

biggrin

User Image
Silverfeet

Oletko rasismin uhri(suomessa), koksa oot ruotsalainen?

User Image
K i t t e h N i n j a
My dad's 50 percent Finnish. When he married my mum and had me, I'm not only 25 percent Finnish. emo

Um, I don't know any finnish besides "Moi, hyva pyva" and "Kalakryleet," if that's how you spell the food dish.

Aww, cute. 4laugh

User Image
@ Voyagerious- You like Björk too? ninja
Jazzy-Devine
@ Voyagerious- You like Björk too? ninja

Oh, I love her. 3nodding
Have you seen the Youtube-video in which she talks about her television? It's quite wonderful.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff