Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinx96's Boyfriend

Shameless Gawker

User ImageUser Image
I know Alexi Laiho of Children of Bodom was arrested for singing the song in public.
He got some money from people and then others called the police.
xDD

There's a video of it on Youtube.
>>;
User Image User Image
D a i y a a
User ImageUser Image
I know Alexi Laiho of Children of Bodom was arrested for singing the song in public.
xDD
User Image User Image

What? That's horrible.... stressed

User Image

Shinx96's Boyfriend

Shameless Gawker

User ImageUser Image
Yeah but it was pretty funny.
xD

I don't know what they're saying in the song, but it sounds funny.
>>;
User Image User Image
Hei!

Finland has really good folk music!

Has anyone heard of Matalii ja mustii? It is sung by Värtinä.
D a i y a a
User ImageUser Image
xDD

There's a video of it on Youtube.
>>;
User Image User Image

Yeh xD I saw the youtube videos...Poor Alexi, haha
Hei!

This is off topic, but when i was watching Bill Mahr the other night, he said a lot of people said if Obama was not elected, they were leaving the country. And for that he showed photos of Finland as a possibility for him.

Tällainen kaunis maa! (( < - - - unsure if that is correct ))

Anxious Goat

My book still hasn't come. ._.

Anxious Goat

I've listened to Björk for quite awhile but I became completely obsessed with her music a few weeks ago. I've been listening to Homogenic non-stop lately, especially Pluto and Jóga. And I changed the tune of the alarm clock of my cellphone to Immature yesterday. blaugh
I think she and her culture have a lot in common with us and ours at some level - at least it's very easy for me to relate to her. And I love her Icelandic accent! She's quite fluent in English, by the way (everyone probably knows that already) - my English teacher pointed that out in high school and they've actually discussed about it on BBC World Service. surprised
I've never really bothered to listen to Jippu that much - everyone enthused about her last spring but I never got the point in all the fuss. Värttinä is one of the greatest Finnish folk music bands ever. The Sami folk music (you know what I'm talking about if I'm talking about the Sami people, right?) is also quite interesting.
I liked Nightwish until they sacked Tarja Turunen - now I'm listening to her solo stuff. What it comes to Apulanta, The Rasmus etc., they tend to be so overplayed around here that some people are just tired of them. sweatdrop But Apulanta and HIM have some nice songs.

And, as some of you may have heard, this day has been really tragic in Finland. sad
Voyagerious
I've never really bothered to listen to Jippu that much - everyone enthused about her last spring but I never got the point in all the fuss. Värttinä is one of the greatest Finnish folk music bands ever. The Sami folk music (you know what I'm talking about if I'm talking about the Sami people, right?) is also quite interesting.
I liked Nightwish until they sacked Tarja Turunen - now I'm listening to her solo stuff. What it comes to Apulanta, The Rasmus etc., they tend to be so overplayed around here that some people are just tired of them. sweatdrop But Apulanta and HIM have some nice songs.

And, as some of you may have heard, this day has been really tragic in Finland. sad

Yeah, my dad told me, and then I looked it up. DD: I was like, "There was just one last year!"
I think that's horrible. I mean, Finland only has 5 million people and you guys already have 2 school shootings in the past two years.

Anyway, I like Jippu because I like her accent. All the "s"'s become "shhhh". And her "l"'s are like "haudaLLLLLa" XD And, I like singing it that way too. I've never listened to much folk music and when I did it was just random stuff on youtube. :'D I might look them up if I remember. Heh. (Btw, yes, I know what you're talking about when you talk about Sami people)

I like Apulanta, and The Rasmus and stuff because...well....they aren't played at all here. I read that when the Rasmus comes here even in NY there are normally only about 40 people at the cocerts and they try to talk to everyone. That's so cool, cause I'm sure they don't get to talk to anyone is Europe. Hahhah! XD

User Image
Voyagerious
I've listened to Björk for quite awhile but I became completely obsessed with her music a few weeks ago. I've been listening to Homogenic non-stop lately, especially Pluto and Jóga. And I changed the tune of the alarm clock of my cellphone to Immature yesterday. blaugh
I think she and her culture have a lot in common with us and ours at some level - at least it's very easy for me to relate to her. And I love her Icelandic accent! She's quite fluent in English, by the way (everyone probably knows that already) - my English teacher pointed that out in high school and they've actually discussed about it on BBC World Service. surprised

Oh my. Me tooo. I just started listening to Homogenic after I listen to "Unravel"....typical, I know, but whatever. I think it's embarrassing though. People would probably make fun of me if they knew...or if they knew who she was. redface

I like her accent too...but I don't think her English is that great. Your English is much better. biggrin

User Image
PiercedPixie2
Hei!

This is off topic, but when i was watching Bill Mahr the other night, he said a lot of people said if Obama was not elected, they were leaving the country. And for that he showed photos of Finland as a possibility for him.

Tällainen kaunis maa! (( < - - - unsure if that is correct ))

Yeah, Finland is probably better than most of the US. Except, I can imagine the winters. DDD:

I don't think the first word is right, but who knows. My Finnish is horrible..

User Image

http://www.minnesotafinnish.org/

Here's a page of Finnish activities and summer camps and schools and things in Minnisota. biggrin
Hopefully, I can talk my dad into driving me up to FinnFest in July. I know it's really long long long away. But, I'm embarrassingly enough....really exited. redface I hope I can talk him into going to OctoberFest in Wisconsin too. (Even though that has nothing to do with Finns)
Btw, Tarja Halonen is coming.....isn't that weird? :'D

If you don't believe me check this out: biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas