Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sugary Cat

Yona_Babe
MiameMiame
Toll, eigentlich bin ich die einzige wo Fußbal guckt in dieses Haus. Mein Freund guckt nur um mich zu ärgern gonk ("Hahaha Holland verliert wieder! Deutschland! Deutschland!" wink . Ich vermisse ein Bibliotheek, ein Museen so sehr. Da ist wirklich nur ein Rewe, NKD und ein Aldi nachbei D: ! Ich will so gern Freunden machen hier aber ich habe ein bisschen Angst das ich etwas blödes mach/sag. (Ist schon viele malen passiert!). Ich finde mein Accent so hesslich!

Oh, das ist ja fies. Aber die haben mich in meinem Dorf auch fast mit Blicken getötet, als ich im Oranje Trikot und KNVB Wimpel riumgelaufen bin. XD

Ach was, das denk ich nicht, da brauchste keine Angst zu haben, außerdem find eich Deinen Akzent nicht schlimm. Ich find das immer voll süß, wenn Holländer Deutsch sprechen. Zum Beispiel Mark van Bommel, der ist so knuffisch. XD Wer ist denn Dein Lieblingsspieler? Meine sind/waren Edwin van der Sar und Mark van Bommel.
Mein Lieblingsspieler... Auch Edwin van der Sar und Arjan Robben. Er (Arjan Robben) spielt auch in Deutschland, richtig? Ich habe wirklich ganz viel Respekt für das Mannschaft. Gomez ist sooo hübsch!! Dass errinnert mich:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvIxMVUI99g&feature=relmfu

So lustig!

Jolly Genius

20,825 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
  • Determined Egg Hunter 150
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
MiameMiame
Mein Lieblingsspieler... Auch Edwin van der Sar und Arjan Robben. Er (Arjan Robben) spielt auch in Deutschland, richtig? Ich habe wirklich ganz viel Respekt für das Mannschaft. Gomez ist sooo hübsch!! Dass errinnert mich:

So lustig!

Haha, so ist das in Deutschland auch. XD Nur ich hatte das Oranje Trikot ja nicht an, wenn Deutschland und Holland gespielt haben. Da bin ich dann doch für Deutschland. Aber witzig ist, als Holland gegen Italien gespielt hat, waren alle für Holland, weil sie Italien noch viel weniger mögen. XD

Von der deutschen Mannschaft mag ich momentan Mats Hummels am liebsten und Manuel Neuer.

Sugary Cat

Yona_Babe
MiameMiame

So lustig!

Haha, so ist das in Deutschland auch. XD Nur ich hatte das Oranje Trikot ja nicht an, wenn Deutschland und Holland gespielt haben. Da bin ich dann doch für Deutschland. Aber witzig ist, als Holland gegen Italien gespielt hat, waren alle für Holland, weil sie Italien noch viel weniger mögen. XD

Von der deutschen Mannschaft mag ich momentan Mats Hummels am liebsten und Manuel Neuer.
Haha, toll. Deutschen sein manchmal so lustig. Dass Wok EM/WM zum Beispiel finde ich der Hammer! Ich habe eigentlich kein Deutschland supporter Zeug. Wir bleiben immerhin Rivalen! Ich bin in diese paar Monaten mehr positiv denken gehen über Deutschland. In den Niederländen hatte mann das Bild das Deutschen sehr ernst sein und kein Humor haben. Das is überhaupt Falsch. Mein Freund sein vatter nennt mir ein Käsefresser, er ist so witzig!

Jolly Genius

20,825 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
MiameMiame
Haha, toll. Deutschen sein manchmal so lustig. Dass Wok EM/WM zum Beispiel finde ich der Hammer! Ich habe eigentlich kein Deutschland supporter Zeug. Wir bleiben immerhin Rivalen! Ich bin in diese paar Monaten mehr positiv denken gehen über Deutschland. In den Niederländen hatte mann das Bild das Deutschen sehr ernst sein und kein Humor haben. Das is überhaupt Falsch. Mein Freund sein vatter nennt mir ein Käsefresser, er ist so witzig!

Hahaha, als würden alle Holländer Käse essen (vielleicht meinen die das wegen Fr. Antje ;D). Ist ja genauso, wie wenn alle die Deutschen immer als Kraut bezeichnen, dabei gibt's viele die das gar nicht mögen. XD Oder es denken auch viele, dass in Deutschland alle so rumrennen wie in Bayern. XD

Es gibt halt überall auf der Welt Vorurteile. Na ja...
Hallo!
I am a German student and was looking for tips on how to improve my German pronunciation. My American accent is embarrassingly thick, but German pronunciation is very difficult for me.
Any tips or rules of thumb on how to improve? especially on the German R's

Jolly Genius

20,825 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
Little Motel
Hallo!
I am a German student and was looking for tips on how to improve my German pronunciation. My American accent is embarrassingly thick, but German pronunciation is very difficult for me.

Oh, I guess the r is very difficult and I don't think that's it's so bad, if you have an accent. Germans have accents too, the Bavarian are rolling the r's very deeply, wile other germans don't and stuff like that. Or the english th is very diffucult for many germans and maybe not learnable for at least some of them.

But here are some pages, which help learning it:
http://joycep.myweb.port.ac.uk/pronounce/
http://www.europa-pages.co.uk/lessons/german-pronunciation.html
http://www.clip2go.com/deutsch-englisch/wl_German+pronunciation+practise_2882_0.htm
http://www.germanlanguageguide.com/german/pronunciation/

You can choose the one, which you like best.
Little Motel

gargle with air. then move the sound forward on your tongue and add some voice. that should give you the theatrical/rammstein R. you don't use that kind of R when speaking german, but it could help you figure out where the sound is made.
and some dialects are softer than others(bavaria and switzerland have pretty hard pronunciations). Here in the north Rs are sometimes pronounced as As in words or at the end of words/the Rs are swallowed. "einer" is pronounced like "einah"

Interstellar Explorer

Hello there! My German is still kinda basic compared to my English sweatdrop But I wouldn't mind developing it smile The grammar is a bit harder for me maybe because I learned English sooner.
Ich bin Ungarisch und ich wohne in Budapest. 3nodding
I've been to Germany a few times (school choir trips and a very nice sci-fi convention called FedCon), I enjoyed all of them and the hosting families were very nice 3nodding I've been to Flörsheim, Herxheim, Karlsruhe, Bonn and Köln.

Jolly Genius

20,825 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
Obi Aoi
I've been to Germany a few times (school choir trips and a very nice sci-fi convention called FedCon), I enjoyed all of them and the hosting families were very nice 3nodding I've been to Flörsheim, Herxheim, Karlsruhe, Bonn and Köln.

Wow, you've seen quite a lot of places then. Which did you like best?

I never was to FedCon, but I know some Trekkies, that love the Con. : D

By the way, I think Ungarisch is very difficult and very special, because it's so different from any spoken language in europe. Btw. nice country, I've read a book, where a big part plays in Budapest.

Interstellar Explorer

Yona_Babe
Obi Aoi

Wow, you've seen quite a lot of places then. Which did you like best?

I never was to FedCon, but I know some Trekkies, that love the Con. : D

By the way, I think Ungarisch is very difficult and very special, because it's so different from any spoken language in europe. Btw. nice country, I've read a book, where a big part plays in Budapest.

Well, I can't really tell. I didn't see much of Bonn because we were accomodated to the Maritim Hotel where FedCon was held. Oh and forgot to mention Düsseldorf (we went to FedCon in 2010 and 2011 and it was in Düsseldorf in 2011). I loooved it when we walked around on the last day before leaving to the airport. I really loved the places called Königsallee and Burgplatz, the view is awesome from there smile
As for the other cities, Herxheim seemed small and a bit village-like, but nice, Flörsheim seemed smaller too (lot of planes were flying above it as it's close to the Frankfurt airport rofl ), Karlsruhe was really nice too. I think I had the biggest amazement in Düsseldorf but I loved all the places.
So in order:
Herxheim was the city of a German choir we visited and we lived at families there. My Music teacher and the German music teacher, leader of the choir knew each other for years from somewhere as far as I can remember.
Karlsruhe: we went there for an excursion from Herxheim, walked, looked arounf and stuff.
Flörsheim: visiting and joining an other choir (this time from a high school), there was a Beatles tribute concert and we sang together, it was really interesting.
Bonn: sorry I was wrong about Köln, Germanwings took us to Bonn-Cologne airport but we stayed at Bonn for the FedCon in 2010.
And Düsseldorf: FedCon in 2011.

Oh yep Trekkies are a core of the people attending FedCon there is also always a Guinness attempt of "most Star Trek cosplayers in one place" every year at the FedCon xd For real.
Originally it was a Star Trek con but it developed into a more general sci-fi one. I loved it both times, there are no such grand sized cons in Hungary, but there are cons, just smaller and no actors get invited from abroad (money, money...).

Yeah it is hard and identical, but many German tones are the same or very similiar. Like ö and ü for example, but we don't use ä.
Hungarian is from Finno Ugoric language family but the closest languages aren't so close nowadays (Finnish, Manshi and Chanti mostly).
Wow nice, what book is it? smile

Jolly Genius

20,825 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
Obi Aoi

Yeah it is hard and identical, but many German tones are the same or very similiar. Like ö and ü for example, but we don't use ä.
Hungarian is from Finno Ugoric language family but the closest languages aren't so close nowadays (Finnish, Manshi and Chanti mostly).

That's interesting. biggrin

It was The Historian, it plays in large parts in Romania (I forgot which place it was), Hungary (Budapest) and Turkey (Istanbul). And in smaller parts in the USA, UK, Netherlands, France, Spain and Bulgaria.
Guten Tag ^_^

Ich komme aus England und heute studiere ich Deutsch. Ich will mit andere Deutsche oder ausländische Leute sprechen, um besser zu werden.
Ich habe Deutsch im Schule gemacht, wenn ich 18 Jahre alt war. Aber im moment, bin ich 21 Jahre alt - habe ich viele vergessen!

Also, wer wollen mit mir sprechen? biggrin

Interstellar Explorer

Yona_Babe
Obi Aoi

That's interesting. biggrin

It was The Historian, it plays in large parts in Romania (I forgot which place it was), Hungary (Budapest) and Turkey (Istanbul). And in smaller parts in the USA, UK, Netherlands, France, Spain and Bulgaria.

Oh, I see. Ich kenne dass nicht aber ich finde dass interessant 3nodding (May not be perfect in grammar).

Jolly Genius

20,825 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
Obi Aoi

Oh, I see. Ich kenne dass nicht aber ich finde dass interessant 3nodding (May not be perfect in grammar).

It's quite good. Only the das is written with one s, if you also could use this, that or which and with double s, if not. Like "Gut, dass du kommst" or "Das Auto das (welches) du dir gekauft hast".

The Historian is pretty cool, it's about Count Dracula, one of the more historical correct works about vampires.

Jolly Genius

20,825 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
Albemy
Guten Tag ^_^

Ich komme aus England und heute studiere ich Deutsch. Ich will mit andere Deutsche oder ausländische Leute sprechen, um besser zu werden.
Ich habe Deutsch im Schule gemacht, wenn ich 18 Jahre alt war. Aber im moment, bin ich 21 Jahre alt - habe ich viele vergessen!

Also, wer wollen mit mir sprechen? biggrin

Hey, find ich gut, dass Du Dein Deutsch verbessern willst. : D Wo aus England kommst Du denn her? Ich war bisher einmal in England.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff