+1 1 100.0% [ 3582 ]
Total Votes:[ 3582 ]
< 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 54 55 56 > >>

Aged Survivor

24,525 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Brandisher 100
This is an excellent thread you've created for returning Gaians. Detailed, but straight to the point. This should become a Sticky.

Sparkly Citizen

8,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Holy crap this thread is prime. Thank you so much for this.
Thanks so much for this thread! Just what I was looking for 3nodding

Unbeatable Survivor

8,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Person of Interest 200
Holy crap, I'm gone from gaia for a year and this is what happens? SMH

Now I'll never get anything.

Fashionable Phantom

thanks so much for this, it cleared up any questions i had about the new economy. now to find a way to make gold that isn't ineffective and outdated...

Timid Girl

xxxxxxxxxxUser Image
Thank you. This post was great. All I knew was that prices were extremely inflated, but not how they came to be so.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ♫♬♪ ♩♭♪xUser Image

O.G. Shoujo

11,550 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Magical Girl 50

╔═══════════════════════╗

Thank you for this!
I just returned to Gaia after not being on for years and I was shocked at how much prices have gone up.
At least now I know why 3nodding

╚═══════════════════════╝

Interesting Dabbler

Well this certainly explains a lot! Thanks!

Im glad im not new to this website because i'd be sitting there like... 'im going to have an ugly avatar forever' and never come back. I think it's a pretty unfair system unless you're wiling to pay GC for items. Which some people aren't. Including myself.

Benevolent Hoarder

14,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
so with all the pettitions ect to boycott gold generators, do people also think we should boycott any item from a RIG that is in part a gold gennerator? because by my understanding (just came back from ~11 month hiatus) basically anything released in the past 6 months (possibly longer) has been in conjunction with a GG

Tipsy Genius

pig_girl
so with all the pettitions ect to boycott gold generators, do people also think we should boycott any item from a RIG that is in part a gold gennerator? because by my understanding (just came back from ~11 month hiatus) basically anything released in the past 6 months (possibly longer) has been in conjunction with a GG

That's entirely up to you, like everything else, but I personally refuse to buy items that don't give a choice between gold and items (some of them, like Dice Roll, were a random combination of both with a much bigger chance of winning gold). I still buy items that offer gold as a choice, but only pick items (as opposed to gold or "surprise", which could be either). Most RIGs released recently were "choice generators", meaning they gave us the option to pick. If you want to be sure, check out the daily GCD threads that accompany RIG releases; that information is generally given in the first post.

I can't speak for anyone else, though. I believe Gaia has no plans to stop releasing gold generators, so we might as well encourage them to at least pair them up with item generators that will help deflate the price of popular items.
Thanks for the thread. I just logged on today for the first time in forever, and whoa. It's all kind of depressing, to be honest.
Wow, thank you for this. I was wondering why everything was so ******** expensive all of a sudden. I'm done with this site. Ain't even worth it.

Bashful Lover

8,700 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Also wanted to drop by and say thank you for the thread. I just logged in this week to start playing again after what was probably 4 or more years. I've had this account since 2005 and when I saw the prices, I almost died. The inflation is absolutely ridiculous.

I have items in my inventory from way back when that weren't even highly sought after or expensive, and now they are worth straight up millions; and even then I have to remind myself that millions isn't that expensive anymore, because now there are items for billions and billions.

uou i want so many cute items but they are so expensive (especially considering the fact that when i bought my herme's moon it was 300K and now its worth at least 45 mil, gaia pls)

if i sold my items i would never, ever earn them back
ever

that's really depressing T WT

EDIT: IN MY SIGNATURE IS FROM WHEN I WAS QUESTING CAFE MIAM WAY BACK WHEN WHEN IT WAS WORTH 45OK

THE AVERAGE SELL PRICE ON IT NOW IS 169 MILL

>_> really puts it into perspective lol

Tipsy Poster

It's pissing me off. sad I logged on for the first time in six months, sold some stuff, got excited that I earned 100 million gold and could FINALLY be gaia rich...then realized that everything's gone up. I don't even have enough to buy the few things I wanted.

If I leave for another six months, will everything go back down? emo

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces