Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
Scythes, Watermelon, and Flowing Breezes.
These are the things that bring me Joy.

Two things of Note! First, the List has been updated with the latest User Recolor for the fan favorite to recolor, the Reap what you Sow series! Sorry for the delay on that, was rather engrossed in Minecraft yesterday... cat_sweatdrop It's definitely become "That One Item" for Scythes when it comes to users recoloring it, like Ember the Fox is for Kin.

Speaking of Kin, we finally have our first Reaper-based Kin! But I am unable to put Saikopamp on the List because it doesn't have a Scythe, not even in its attack animation (was so hoping for one. cat_crying ). As much as I love the little bugger, this is a List of Scythes and as much as the definition has been stretched a few times I gotta keep some kind of order. Still, there is hope yet that our mascot The Little Reaper may yet become a Kin itself down the line, so we'll get a Kin on the List someday, even if I have to track down an Opal Ticket and do it myself!

I am Xashowd, the Nocturne Zephyr!

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200

So we got two new Magical Collector recolors recently, and both have been added to the List! The Paw one was today, but the other was from the Tier and somehow it escaped my notice. Guess I got a little too used to no Scythes in Tiers and glanced over it. Meesa feel like a dunce. cat_xp They're up there now, and I look forward to other Scythes down the line.

Bandis77's Partner

Grim Reaper

55,100 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Reaper of Souls 500
  • Jolly Roger 50
Xashowd

So we got two new Magical Collector recolors recently, and both have been added to the List! The Paw one was today, but the other was from the Tier and somehow it escaped my notice. Guess I got a little too used to no Scythes in Tiers and glanced over it. Meesa feel like a dunce. cat_xp They're up there now, and I look forward to other Scythes down the line.

It's always nice to have a second pair of eyes, sorry I haven't been much help recently.

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
Zygona
Xashowd

It's always nice to have a second pair of eyes, sorry I haven't been much help recently.

No worries! You do what you need to. cat_biggrin

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200

List Updated with a brand new Unique Scythe! Demon Star! Looking really nice in the Galactic/Comet scheme (I think that's what it's called), the Scythe is another Arm Mod pose, and the third of such that doesn't show the Scythe in the Icon. I'm now having to resort to putting a number near the Asterisk to prevent symbol blowout. Really would love if I could make it float like exponents...

As for the Scythe itself, the starry nature makes it gorgeous, though the general shape is hard to see on default hairs (I used a Schwarzhaus Hair + Agape Cut so I could see it). Still, very cool. Wish it were more visible by default, but still very cool.

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200

New day, new Unique Scythe!!! The MC Grimm Apprentice is a Flexible Arm Mod Scythe that changes appearance when you change the position of your avatar's arms. Including a sweet Dual Wielding pose! The MCs this month are spectacular! Sooo happy right now! cat_4laugh

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200

With today's new User Created Tier by our own Vannequin comes two new Scythe recolors! Destructive Master's Reclaim and Gothic War Hymn have been added to the list, and with Gothic the number of iterations in the War Hymn series comes to 12, making this the single Scythe Series with the most Scythes in it to date, breaking the tie it had with the Delicate Death Series, Cat Reaper Series, and the Disaster Twins Series who now vie for second. Interestingly, none of the other series have User Recolors, so perhaps the next Rainbow or Diamond ticket will bring forth a tie once more, or even extend the new gap further? We'll see in the future!

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200

Gaia has this funky sense of humor that pushes boundaries no one thought existed. Today's new Recolor is a prime example of said humor. Yep, that's not a User Item folks, Gaia staff themselves made a pun out of an item. The 'Melon'choly Cat Reaper has been added to the List, and the battle for "Most Scythes in a single series" Rages on as now Cat Reaper and War Hymn are Tied at 12! With the recent awesome addition of the Paw Reap What You Sow, that series has 11 iterations itself, and only 4 were made by Gaia alone. Makes you wonder why they haven't capitalized on the clear desire people have for recolors of it, would certainly win the battle hands down. But regardless of which one wins, we all get something great out of the bargain, with today being especially punny. cat_biggrin

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200

Sorry I'm late with it, but the Sinful Master has been added to the List! Been a long time since the original Lawful Master got a recolor, and it looks really nice too. Almost a Dark Neon look on the Scythe itself, the shading is really nice. With October here, Scythes may well come flying at us Castlevania style, but I'll do my best to keep the List up to date during the shenanigans!

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200

Well, today's RIG was eventful! Two more User Recolors and another Lawful Master recolor by Gaia themselves, this time Ghastly! It's really nice that Gaia's revisiting this series, maybe they could do more recolors for Midnight Reprisal? It was the first Scythe to get a recolor in Gaia's history, would be nice to give the Trinity Blood reference some love. In other news, we now have a 3-way tie for first place between Cat Reaper, War Hymn, and Disaster Twins at 12 Iterations. Wonder which one will be lucky number 13 first? We'll see in the future!

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200

Well, the time has finally come. After various updates in the past months, today's Starry Disaster Twins puts the DT series in the lead with 13 different iterations. Seems like this is one series getting recolors constantly, and I don't mind (wish they wouldn't be BEs, but it was bound to happen at some point). The List has been updated and it's getting quite robust. To think that when I started this list there were less than 20 Scythes on all of Gaia and now we have close to, if not over 100 different Scythes across numerous series, each with its own flair and style. I just wish we could get more unique Scythes for Paws! Scent of Death is really nice, but I know there's more our furry forms can have! I'm still hoping for a Scyther item or a Little Reaper getup for Paws myself. We'll see what the future holds!

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200

Man it's been a while since I made a post update, huh? We've gotten quite a few recolors in that time, but I noticed today that a few had managed to slip under my radar! cat_gonk I've since added the two, but it makes me wonder if I've missed any others...I'll scour the MP, but if anyone else is willing to scan the list as well and point out any recolors I've missed, that would be fantastic! In the meantime, I'll keep hoping for the resurgence of the Opal Ticket...we'll have a Kindred entry on this list someday!!!

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200

Looks like we have a brand new Scythe today! The Legacy brings us an Arm Mod Scythe with a crystal aesthetic pointing at the ground, so it should make for interesting Avis. It also has a cutter mod for shirts, so it's likely to gain a few Recolors down the line.

Also, I've discovered something that in hindsight would have been very helpful. I can copy the Arm Pose images the same way I can the Icons! I've made the update to the Additional notes, but I may just give all the Additional Notes (barring the first one, as it doesn't involve an Arm Mod) an overhaul once we get a Recolor for The Legacy and it becomes a Series. Since I can copy the Arm Mod poses I can put those just beneath the Series Title and clean up the post a bit, maybe save some text space. I'm not sure how close I am to 50k characters in a Single Post for the List yet, but every bit helps! It will get to the point where a second post is needed eventually, likely even sometime this year. That'll be exciting for sure! Look forward to these changes on the horizon!

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200

New RIG, New Scythe! And boy do we have something a bit special, because the Scythe in Twilight's Knightmare is a Back-Mounted Scythe! That's right, the Dullahan Series aren't the only ones with that claim to fame anymore, and the Scythe itself has a spiffy digital design to boot! It has been added to the Unique List. Still waiting on a Legacy Recolor before I do the Note Shifting as it'll be cleaner that way, but let's enjoy 2 straight days of new Scythes!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces