Welcome to Gaia! ::

serbianpiratehoti14
ive never been hacked, but i caught some people trying to hack me. they had this things that offered so many stuff if u joined, and i lcikced on it. then the leaving gaia thing popped up and i clickd continue. then i got to a page that liiked like gaia. it said u r not logged in and the log in thing then under that it said dont try to hit back, you might get deleted. just log back in and it will be fine. and stuff like that.

Someone showed me a site just like that, they just wanted to show me so they told me not to log in. It really did look just like Gaia.
Last year, there was another site that said if you entered your information you would get millions of gold, I thought it was rather stupid. Gold like that doesn't come without a price.
~Legal Bump~
~Legal Bump~
~Legal Bump~
Bumpp. ninja

Dangerous Ladykiller

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. i'd like to point out that passwords are stored in cookies and not cache, which are two very different things.

cookies: Companies like to know what people do when they visit their website (which pages they go to, what their preferences are, etc.), and more often than not, they resort to cookies to track your activity on their site, and to remember you next time you visit their site. Cookies are little text files stored on your computer, that collect information about your profile, and give it back to the website next time you visit it. It is a great feature sometimes, since it remembers useful information that you do not have to re-enter everytime, such as your country, your login, your personalized options and so on. However, you might not want to have websites collect all this information about you. Cookies are not harmful, but they can be an annoyance for you, and invade your privacy.

cache: Your web browser stores copies of the graphics contained in the pages you visit into a local folder on your computer's hard drive, called Cache, in order to accelerate the display of these pages. It is indeed faster to load an image from your computer's hard drive than from the Internet, hence the interest of storing local copies of the webpages on your computer. It is especially helpful with slow connections such as dialup. However, these pages can be easily reviewed by anybody who has access to your computer, by simply finding that cache folder and displaying its content.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff