• Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Gigaglory
tyvm!!! thanks to you i wont be falling for any hacker tricks biggrin

Thats the spirit! :3
Quote:
Firefox
Tools Tab > Clear Private Data (Ctrl+Shift+Delete)
Afterwards this should come up in another window. (You can select "Cookies" too, but that's just the default selection in the picture) then finally click the "Clear Private Data Now" button. (I'm not sure about the Authenticated Sessions selection so don't ask what it's for.)

~L, Did you know gods of death.......... love apples?~

Authenticated Sessions are just what they say. A "session" can be though of as a visit to a website, and authenticated of course, means recognized or logged in.
Essentially, Authenticated Sessions are why Firefox will keep you logged into a site (Until you log out or delete the authed session) if you log into it a single time.
<.::+::.>

I wish you all the best with getting the word out about all of this. Sadly though, many will simply ignore this, just like they do all the other warnings around here. I've been here since 2004, and I am seeing more and more users being scammed and/or hacked, despite this site's increase in safety measures and warnings. I think much of it is due to the fact that many users do not take the time to read the warnings that Gaia does put into play.

Considering all the time they may have spent collecting their items and earning their gold, taking the time to read the warnings, and to find out if something is legit, will be time well spent in the end.

Be Smart!
Get Informed!
Stay Safe!

People should also be careful about clicking on links, in sigs, in PMs, in comments, and in some of the threads around here. I know Gaia has that redirect in effect, but get into the habit of checking the link's url very thoroughly. Letter by letter if need be. If you do not recognize a url, then do not go there. I'm hearing issues about cookie grabbing sites now, which means that the way Gaia handles log-in cookies needs an overhaul to make them safer. Until then, it's our job to stay informed, and to do what we can to keep ourselves from being taken for a ride.

Anyway, I hope that you don't mind me putting my two cents in here, but I felt this was an important issue, and one that should be taken seriously by everyone...Be they young, old, veterans to the site, or new users.

Also, I will definitely put a link to this thread on my profile, and on the profiles of my mules.

1,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
I agree with wildefyre....but if they keep seeing banners to this very thread, you never, know, one day they might?

@Death note obsessed guy; what the x__x
wildefyre

Also, I will definitely put a link to this thread on my profile, and on the profiles of my mules.

Thank you and yeah, I understand that many people will just ignore it. I suppose what I was thinking of, were the people who won't ignore it. If we can help at least a few people, I think we can make a difference. (No matter the size.)

CrimsonRainFalling

Authenticated Sessions are just what they say. A "session" can be though of as a visit to a website, and authenticated of course, means recognized or logged in.
Essentially, Authenticated Sessions are why Firefox will keep you logged into a site (Until you log out or delete the authed session) if you log into it a single time.

Thank you, I'll edit the post soon (I haven't had Firefox for very long.).

Gigaglory
tyvm!!! thanks to you i wont be falling for any hacker tricks biggrin

You're welcome. =D
~Legal Bump~

1,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
`Ryuzakii
I agree with wildefyre....but if they keep seeing banners to this very thread, you never, know, one day they might?

We can all hope that that will be the case. It seems that every day someone is over in the Q&A, all frantic over the fact that they've been hacked.

Unfortunately, warnings can only do so much. It's up to the users to read those warnings, and to heed them. Sadly, many choose to be oblivious of them. That is, until they lose all their stuff. It's only then that all of those warnings they've ignored, suddenly start to make a lot of sense. Everyone should also get into the habit of scanning their drives daily for key-loggers. They can steal your passwords without you ever knowing, until it's too late that is.

Anyway, I'm going to ask my friend if she'll put a Banner and a link to this thread, in her charity thread. Hopefully, that will help to reach some of the newer users.

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Thanks for the great thread ^^
I was hacked in October and I was basically devastated. gonk
I agree on spreading the awareness though b/c I'm tired of seeing hard working people in the Q&A forum who still don't know about the colored admins/mods and thinking that they would ask for your password. this will help many i think

definitely putting this link in my profile! biggrin
Nicolias
Thanks for the great thread ^^
I was hacked in October and I was basically devastated. gonk
I agree on spreading the awareness though b/c I'm tired of seeing hard working people in the Q&A forum who still don't know about the colored admins/mods and thinking that they would ask for your password. this will help many i think

definitely putting this link in my profile! biggrin

You're welcome, and thank you. =D
ive never been hacked, but i caught some people trying to hack me. they had this things that offered so many stuff if u joined, and i lcikced on it. then the leaving gaia thing popped up and i clickd continue. then i got to a page that liiked like gaia. it said u r not logged in and the log in thing then under that it said dont try to hit back, you might get deleted. just log back in and it will be fine. and stuff like that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff