Welcome to Gaia! ::

Did this tutorial help you?

Yes! :D 0.46977421704297 47.0% [ 1935 ]
No :( 0.20271910657927 20.3% [ 835 ]
I'm just voting for the Gold XD 0.32750667637776 32.8% [ 1349 ]
Total Votes:[ 4119 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 26 27 28 >

omg thx so much this helped a lot >< ninja
OMG THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanx soooo much!!!!!!!!!! biggrin
Like OMFG
You want the Gaia Guides and Resources forum. Its a subforum.
omgoodness thx so much mah profile is hot
didn't work. Made no sense.
k i no tat but where do u go to change ur profile something something.com or wat tats wat am i asking for

Lonely Sex Symbol

Thank you so much! My profile was stuck and I couldn't make my own layout or add another layout but now that you told me to set it to classic I can. Do you want to see darling? Click on me. Then you will see what you have done so good.
Thank you so much! This helped ALOT! biggrin

1,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Thanks alot !!
i need help like asap cuz i c pople porfile and they look hella good
ty so much u made me look like a dummy but thats the good part lol(jk) but thank you also add me plz

2,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
Thank you so much for the detailed instructions.However so some reason mine wouldn't work.I'm using fire fox, could that change the out come?Perhaps i could send you my URL in a PM and you could take a look at it that's if you want to not that you have to <_<'

2,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
Never mind I think I figured out where I went wrong in my preferences in my account settings, although I can't seem to find what I'm supposed to be finding in there X.X
BrokenPiece
What? O.o

Okay it seems that there are a lot Gaians who don’t know how to edit their profile, so I’ll explain to you how to change your profile backgrounds. ^^

I do NOT know how to make your profile transparent!!!
So if that's your question GO AWAY, AND DON'T PM ME!

~* heart *~

Topic Rules

If you have any questions about changing your background you can always ask, because I’ve subscribed to this thread. But please stick to these rules:

1. Please ask something in normal understandable English, or I won't answer.
2. Please explain a little, don't just say: "my profile doesn't work"
3. Please read the first post really carefully before asking something, ok?
4. I am just an everage Gaia user, Not a moderator! Please respect that I don't know all the answers to your questions.
Do not PM me. EVER! It's kind of annoying.

~* heart *~

Questions about BBCode?
If you have questions about BBCode, don't ask me, I'm not gonna help you with that. You can get more info on BBCode here: http://pear.php.net/pepr/pepr-bbcode-help.php That should help with just simple things. I don't know anything more then what's on that site.

~* heart *~

Before you start

Before you start you need to make sure you have the right profile settings, this is how you do that:

Go to My Gaia -> Account Settings -> Preferences
Make sure Choose Profile is set to Current
Don’t forget to click Save all changes!

(If you use a different image host then photobucket you should also set Image Display to show_all_images just to be sure it shows.)

~* heart *~

How to apply your own background

First pick a picture and upload it on a picture hosting site. For example here: http://www.photobucket.com/ (You will have to register an acount.) Save the URL somewhere or copy it. Be sure to copy the line after 'Direct link'.

Go to Gaia and click on: My Gaia and then Profile.

When your on your profile you click on Edit My Profile Layout in the upper right corner. When you click that you’ll probably have to wait a second.

When the blue bar appears you click Theme. A popup will open. (You can now pick a theme that matches the background you want to add, if you want to change it.)

Then click on the tab that says URL. There you paste the URL of the background, you have saved/copied earlier.

Click on Add and exit the popup. Click save, and the click on view to see your profile.

Whoohoo you made it!

(If it doesn't work and your profile changed back to how it was before, Then you probabbly didn't follow all the steps.
Read this post again, and see if you missed something.

If It STILL didn't work, I can't help you. Don't post here, or PM me cause I wont answer. Cause I don't know.
It's probably a problem with Gaia. Maybe it'll work again in a few days.)

~* heart *~

How to apply a profile theme from tektek in 10 easy steps.

If you don’t want to make your own profile you can also download one from tektek.org
This is how to pick one and apply it to your profile:

1. Go to tektek.org and click Gaia Profiles.
2. Find one you like and click it.
3. copy everything beneath this sentence: Copy this CSS code into your Theme Override box
(To be sure you don’t lose it you can copy and paste it in Microsoft Word or something like that.)

4. Go to My Gaia -> Account Settings -> Preferences
5. Make sure Choose Profile is set to Classic (I really has to be set to Classic, or it wont work!!!)
6. Don’t forget to click Save all changes!

7. Go to My Gaia -> Account Settings -> Profile theme
8. Paste the text you copied from tektek.org in the box. Please make sure it’s all of it!
9. Don’t forget to click Save all changes!

10. Go to My Gaia -> Profile to show your profile. I hope it worked out. ^^

~* heart *~

I hope this helps some people to make their profile prettier 3nodding

heart BrokenPiece

Okay, so I found a profile on Photobucket that I wanted and tried to install it. It showed up as my profile at first, but when I click save, it goes back to the profile I previously had. What do I do? Am I doing something wrong? Please PM me the answer.....my username is perry albino mouse. Thank you for your help!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff