Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which of these recent Tony-winning plays and musicals would you love to see Gaia-style?

Book of Mormon 0.32116788321168 32.1% [ 44 ]
Memphis 0.036496350364964 3.6% [ 5 ]
Billy Elliot 0.1021897810219 10.2% [ 14 ]
In the Heights 0.058394160583942 5.8% [ 8 ]
Spring Awakening 0.23357664233577 23.4% [ 32 ]
War Horse 0.12408759124088 12.4% [ 17 ]
Red 0.043795620437956 4.4% [ 6 ]
God of Carnage 0.043795620437956 4.4% [ 6 ]
August: Osage County 0.021897810218978 2.2% [ 3 ]
The Coast of Utopia 0.014598540145985 1.5% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 137 ]

Izzy Van Helsing
I hope you guys are happy.

I was just getting into the prime of my Les Misérables obsession, and now you drop a whole new awesome musical in front of me. xd So I just HAVE to download every song I can find, convince my parents to get the DVD for Christmas, etc.

DAMNIT. I love Rocky Horror Picture Show now.

Now you dropped Les on me.

We should do Into the Woods next.
A midnight bump 4 ze thread.
Wow, those are some costumes.

Dapper Browser

1,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Member 100
Well shucks I like The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I'm sorry I missed your production. sad

7,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
mcm

I wish I could say I actually helped with them, but.... emo
Izzy Van Helsing
mcm

I wish I could say I actually helped with them, but.... emo

At least you were there for it. lol

Dapper Browser

1,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Member 100
May I inquire what the next production will be or has it not been decided upon yet?

Dangerous Lunatic

It depends on what Arq and OG decide to do at the moment. There were not a lot of people at our RHPS production on the two nights it was performed. So, I don't know if the GTC will go on hiatus again or not.

7,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
Lord_Angelus_Flameheart
It depends on what Arq and OG decide to do at the moment. There were not a lot of people at our RHPS production on the two nights it was performed. So, I don't know if the GTC will go on hiatus again or not.

I wish I knew what was even being considered for the next one, so I could warm up my tekteking fingers.

I've been itching to tektek, but I need something to work from. Any thoughts what the next one COULD be, Arq? Hell, even if you narrowed it down to ten, I could do that. xd

Dangerous Lunatic

It would be interesting to do Les Miz, but therein lies the complications. A HUGE cast would be needed (plus understudies), the play would have to be severely edited and parts cut, and a lot of costumes would have to be figured out. It would be extremely complicated, but would be fun. So, I doubt something like that would be in the works.

Collector Fatcat

16,850 Points
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Egg Collector 100
User Image
User Image Catch a Kitten Star and put it in a box... User Image

It's not like there aren't people willing to help. Only reason I couldn't audition this month is cause I had internet problems. And I would've missed the Halloween performance completely. ^^"

User Image ...Help me get my final quest? User Image

Have you guys ever done Little Shop of Horrors?

7,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
Lord_Angelus_Flameheart
It would be interesting to do Les Miz, but therein lies the complications. A HUGE cast would be needed (plus understudies), the play would have to be severely edited and parts cut, and a lot of costumes would have to be figured out. It would be extremely complicated, but would be fun. So, I doubt something like that would be in the works.

I'm well aware that it would be hard to edit, but I've looked over the script, and it's completely possible to do the whole show with only 10 people. And that's me being uncreative. You could probably whittle it down to even less. And doubling up on parts wouldn't be impossible. The person who played Fantine could also play Eponine, except someone else would have to take her over in the final scene, since the two of them sing together. Marius, Enjolras, Gavroche could all play characters in the beginning of the first act, like the Bishop, Foreman, etc.
And the student army would end up being like, four people, but it could be done.

I've been trying to cut down the script for something like this, and it is completely doable. Difficult, but doable.

Edit- See? Completely doable. Not as much gunfire, or chorusy parts as the original, of course, but the story is told, and it's entertaining. smile

Collector Fatcat

16,850 Points
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Egg Collector 100
zeroyield

Have you guys ever done Little Shop of Horrors?
User Image
User Image Catch a Kitten Star and put it in a box... User Image

I don't think so. All the previous shows are on the front page. And it's not listed. But don't quote me. I could be wrong.

User Image ...Help me get my final quest? User Image
Lord_Angelus_Flameheart

I think "Into the Woods" would be perfect. Small cast, pretty easy blocking. I'd love to see it!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff