Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Pankontra
Its like people are paying for loyal to release nice "recolors"/bundles/packages lol
rip off
its supposed to be a loyalty shop
like bring us rei recolors / loyal bundles without these conditions :/

Like everything else, it "has to be paid for". Not enough people are buying anything else. Used to be items bought directly from the CS were not so freakin rare. Some people have the attitude that they wont even buy an item if it does not phase them while not thinking someone else who does NOT buy gc might want it.

Handsome Man-Lover

Sinking gold=good.
Buying gold gens to sink more gold=bad.

Easy as that.
If you need to make gold to sink, buy an item instead; for example if you had bought one of the Nekolitas just to sell it you could've made 30bil easy to sink; way more than the same amount of gc would've gotten you if spent on a goldgen instead (on average; jackpot lures don't count).

Interesting Girl

Nah, I'm gonna keep sinking.
I'm happy with at least the slight effort they're putting into these events, and if it encourages them to do more, so be it.
Nyadriel
Pankontra
Its like people are paying for loyal to release nice "recolors"/bundles/packages lol
rip off
its supposed to be a loyalty shop
like bring us rei recolors / loyal bundles without these conditions :/

Like everything else, it "has to be paid for". Not enough people are buying anything else. Used to be items bought directly from the CS were not so freakin rare. Some people have the attitude that they wont even buy an item if it does not phase them while not thinking someone else who does NOT buy gc might want it.

It really feels like someone selling free samples lol
Meh yeah that phrase .___. Didnt even realize it will make it even into an event such as this.

Manly Lunatic

Marketing Team and Event Teams don't work together, but against each other...

Bunny

crying I do not make gold with gold generators (as much as possible, even going as far as telling users not to order artwork from me if they make their gold with gold generators), so it's very displeasing when Gaia has these event gold sinks. I am not someone who is adding "purchased gold" to the economy (aside from gold that comes out of thin air with postings/polling/browsing). I still remember when they messed with Booty Grab grants just because it was "causing massive inflation" and pumping "too much gold into the economy"... But Gaia is allowed to do that with their gold generators??

Many of us do understand the horrible Gaia-initiated inflation process:

1. Gaia releases gold generators
2. Users buy/use gold generators
3. Gaia releases a gold sink to get rid of the excess gold
4. Repeat

It's sad, but this is what Gaia has become. I am so frugal with my gold that I just don't see myself throwing millions and billions just to participate in a "gold sink" event...

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Qyp
Marketing Team and Event Teams don't work together, but against each other...

Not deliberately. If the Teams were allowed to converse with each other again. Instead they are stuck in their cubicles all day. Over-worked and tired by comparison to... before HE and his pal were hired.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Queer Mishel
crying I do not make gold with gold generators (as much as possible, even going as far as telling users not to order artwork from me if they make their gold with gold generators), so it's very displeasing when Gaia has these event gold sinks. I am not someone who is adding "purchased gold" to the economy (aside from gold that comes out of thin air with postings/polling/browsing). I still remember when they messed with Booty Grab grants just because it was "causing massive inflation" and pumping "too much gold into the economy"... But Gaia is allowed to do that with their gold generators??

Many of us do understand the horrible Gaia-initiated inflation process:

1. Gaia releases gold generators
2. Users buy/use gold generators
3. Gaia releases a gold sink to get rid of the excess gold
4. Repeat

It's sad, but this is what Gaia has become. I am so frugal with my gold that I just don't see myself throwing millions and billions just to participate in a "gold sink" event...

We've had goldsinks like these before. It had been a long time and some of us begged for it. It's the having a second one that surprised us more than having just one. I love these. STILL waiting to be able to replenish the scholarship coffers of a certain NPC after he spent what he had to give us an Easter Event.

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
DYRL
You know if you hate Gaia that much, maybe you should leave

Why is this always a reply?

Did OP say they hate Gaia?

Bunny

Nyadriel
We've had goldsinks like these before. It had been a long time and some of us begged for it. It's the having a second one that surprised us more than having just one. I love these. STILL waiting to be able to replenish the scholarship coffers of a certain NPC after he spent what he had to give us an Easter Event.

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you're trying to tell me with your reply. redface

Yes, we have had several of these gold sink events. I agree with and love the idea of gold sinks, proper gold sinks (and even better when there is a story or an NPC hosting it), but I am agreeing with the OP, that the problem lies with users using gold generators to fund these gold sinks. It is only encouraging Gaia to release more gold generators, which users keep buying, then creating more "gold sink" events.

My post was mainly about my stance against that, which makes it more difficult for me to participate in these events... because I do not use generated gold. It was not attacking the idea of a gold sink event (though I'm not sure if you were challenging my post or agreeing or just stating your opinion, because I didn't quite understand your reply).
sweatdrop

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Queer Mishel
Nyadriel

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you're trying to tell me with your reply. redface

Yes, we have had several of these gold sink events. I agree with and love the idea of gold sinks, proper gold sinks (and even better when there is a story or an NPC hosting it), but I am agreeing with the OP, that the problem lies with users using gold generators to fund these gold sinks. It is only encouraging Gaia to release more gold generators, which users keep buying, then creating more "gold sink" events.

My post was mainly about my stance against that, which makes it more difficult for me to participate in these events... because I do not use generated gold. It was not attacking the idea of a gold sink event (though I'm not sure if you were challenging my post or agreeing or just stating your opinion, because I didn't quite understand your reply).
sweatdrop

My way of agreeing you in my own uncomfortable way. Defending gold sinks while NOT defending gold generators while seeing that there is a cycle pattern here. I'm grumpy. Especially after somebody in another thread accused me of being immature and rude.

Bunny

Nyadriel
My way of agreeing you in my own uncomfortable way. Defending gold sinks while NOT defending gold generators while seeing that there is a cycle pattern here. I'm grumpy. Especially after somebody in another thread accused me of being immature and rude.

4laugh Ah, I see! Well, I'm glad we agree and I was able to further clarify my feelings and you yours ~ I'm sorry you're a bit grumpy though. ; v ; //rubs your shoulders// I understand and because I don't like misunderstanding or debates, I generally avoid voicing my opinion too much, unless it's in my own threads. haha

Wheezing Sex Symbol

17,575 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
its a curse
DYRL
You know if you hate Gaia that much, maybe you should leave

Why is this always a reply?

Did OP say they hate Gaia?

They didn't, so I get you asking that.
I think it's assumed that if someone gets to this point that it's time for them to take a break or leave, which for me is understandable.
If I get frustrated with something, I take a break from it. If I hate something, I avoid/stop doing that thing.

Shirtless Dog

15,025 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Magical Girl 50
Nyadriel
Just to take a note here on the "buy gc" thing...

Gaia is using Kickstarter for this. There is a fee that is costing the company... people buying anything helps to pay the cost of the fee. And yes, there are those people who will buy gc because they think it is easier to get a lot of gold fast and they dont think they are as much of a problem as the gold gens being offered. So think of it this way (and by the way, I just got up and just now drinking my first cup of coffee and am cranky... so dont pick a fight. yeah? ), any gold gens that are bought and the gold from them gets dumped, helps the economy, helps the site pay it's bills including the cost of Kickstart, and helps the community in the way that it is unlocking some stuff as well as something else I cannot define yet cause my brain isnt full-par yet.

Yes it is all a design - of upper management and not the various departments. But at least it is better than what we have been having the past many months.

Wait wat? The landing page says 'kickstart', not kickstarter, and afaik this is no way affiliated with kickstarter? why would Gaia use an outside source to sink virtual curency of their own site? kickstarter is for real money.

Hellraiser

Basically the reason why I didn't donate to Loyal's whatever gate thing it was, and won't donate to this Beach rave thing.

Gold Sink + GG in Victoire = Hypocrisy. Peace the fack out.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff