Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Shoujo

3,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sunny Side Up 100
STOP DONATING. NOW.

Seriously. I know some of you guys actually think this helps the economy, and others want the avatar, but you're actually making it worse.

1. "I'll donate some gold."
2. "I'm out of gold to donate."
3. Gaia releases a new gold gen literally ever day and raises the "jackpot" twice a week.
4. You buy them and now can afford to donate more or buy Loyal's items.

So yeah. I'm actually thinking the lesser of our evils is not only to not buy these filthy cash shenanigans, but do not feed the troll by donating, unless you really want those achievements. Remember we're just disposable lab rats to this idiotic CEO-wannabe and his marketing team of monkeys.

I'm aware a few hundreds of users don't actually buy gold gens, but the majority of gaia's "casual" userbase actually does this.

Bloodsucker

Madolce Puella
his marketing team of monkeys.

You need to give monkeys more credit than this.

Shirtless Shoujo

3,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sunny Side Up 100
Salty Sinsation
Madolce Puella
his marketing team of monkeys.

You need to give monkeys more credit than this.

...You know, it's the second time I've offended our brethren like this. I apologize.

Demonic Spectator

Yer Senpai's Queen

Tipsy Streaker

12,475 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • First step to fame 200
lol
I mean, he may be idiotic/as well as his scheme - but some people actually buy his plan and give in to the donations - let alone have enough money to literally buy everything in our marketplace/gold shops (that are supposed to "sink" the excessive gold in our economy)

EDIT: sorry I'm going to edit this because I can't think properly cool

YO WHATEVER

TLDR; PEOPLE HERE BE RICH emo

AND ONE OF THEM AIN'T ME. talk2hand

Magical Girl

22,575 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
You know if you hate Gaia that much, maybe you should leave

Cannibal Horsey's Significant Otter

Eloquent Explorer

Sinking gold isn't the problem. Helping out isn't the problem. Working towards a common goal for the community isn't a problem.

It's buying Gold Generators to 'restock' the gold you sunk.

Tipsy Raider

11,575 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Madolce Puella

So yeah. I'm actually thinking the lesser of our evils is not only to not buy these filthy cash shenanigans, but do not feed the troll by donating, unless you really want those achievements. Remember we're just disposable lab rats to this idiotic CEO-wannabe and his marketing team of monkeys.

Preach on, my dear friend! I, for one, shall be keeping my money, both virtual and, more importantly, REAL. I absolutely refuse to spend my HARD EARNED, REAL WORLD dollars on virtual cash just to throw said virtual cash away for minimal 'rewards'. Makes no sense to this old pirate why anyone would do so in the first place. I, instead, choose to help out friends and random beginner Gaians with their quests and such. It's called 'generosity' and I truly wish more Gaians would try it instead of this nonsensical bullshit. The rewards are far better to me.

~Z

User Image

Bashful Lover

11,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
IT IS DURING OUR DARKEST MOMENTS

Personally, I think it's a pretty strategic marketing plan that Gaia has going.

People have been complaining about inflation for quite some time now.
Gaia implements a gold sink (while still providing us with GGs).
Then deflation hits like hell and people complain about their items losing value.
Gaia adds more GGs with "higher payouts" or higher max payouts I guess.
Then they implement another gold sink to "solve" the problem.

It's a win/win on an economic standpoint for Gaia.
At this point they're not even selling us pixels anymore.
We buy gold, inflate economy, sink gold.
It's an endless cycle so long as gaians allow it to continue.

TL;DR
The economy is screwed 3nodding
THAT WE MUST FOCUS TO SEE THE LIGHT

Shirtless Shoujo

3,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sunny Side Up 100
DYRL
You know if you hate Gaia that much, maybe you should leave

Life doesn't work that way, ya know. Just because you hate your president doesn't mean you also hate your community. No need to be an extremist.

Royal Rabbit

Weeeellll, those doing the gold sink and those spitting out the gold gens were two different departments. Well, the one with Loyal anyway, dunno about this one. It feels like Gaia is having a war within itself behind the site.
Alocrescent
Weeeellll, those doing the gold sink and those spitting out the gold gens were two different departments. Well, the one with Loyal anyway, dunno about this one. It feels like Gaia is having a war within itself behind the site.

Not trying to attack you, I'm just curious if you have a source?

Benevolent Duck

so your assumption is that everyone who's sinking gold is also going to buy gold generators rather than it being, as always, two groups of people who overlap in some places

mmm.

Vicious Cutie-Pie

3nodding It's going to be a never ending cycle of gold sink and gold generator.

Shirtless Shoujo

3,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sunny Side Up 100
warn the sailors
so your assumption is that everyone who's sinking gold is also going to buy gold generators rather than it being, as always, two groups of people who overlap in some places

mmm.

Lmao, way to not read the op.

Quote:

I'm aware a few hundreds of users don't actually buy gold gens, but the majority of gaia's "casual" userbase actually does this.

However, if it suits you, wear it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces