Welcome to Gaia! ::

Manly Lunatic

I myself... have lost why I come back... I just seem to naturally come here... it seems it is only some routine now, and nothing more too me.

What brings you back to Gaia? They just have some pixels to dress up nicely...

The plot seems pathetically written, as in it's no longer important... but that was GAIA... it just seemed way more important to give people a good time... then to make lots of money off ripping people off with these damn RIGs and the rare items that come with them.

I think Gaia has changed from Elf to Orc... it is now but an ugly shadow of it's former self...

WHY DO I COME BACK? Maybe it's because of the people...

Again... why do you come back to Gaia?

Widow

Dangerous Wife

mostly habit.
i meant to quit, but i still logged on.
and also, i have nothing better to do.
I wouldnt really lose any friends on here, since the really close ones have my number.
or my facebook, so we could still keep in touch.

Perfectionist

14,400 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
I come back because I have a love for designing avatars & helping people design their avatars.
There's a certain thrill that comes out of mixing & matching item poses to my liking.
Gaia has always allowed me to express myself creatively through my avi & I can't help but come back.

The people-- my friends-- on Gaia are the other reason (equal to the previous) I'm still here.
I've met some wonderful people here who have changed my life. It would be hard to stay away forever. User Image

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
        I like having a lot of tedious things to do when I'm not focusing on school and Gaia fulfills that requirement for the most part. There are slow days but I usually find something to do. Plus I like talking to people here, for the most part they're a lot nicer and easier to get along with than people I find in other parts of the internet.
Familiarity/Routine/a bookmark
Buyer's Remorse
Venting through proxy
Fairly active forums

and avatars are an easy way to pretend I'm making art

Peaceful Nymph

19,150 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Magical Girl 50
Truth be told I left Gaia about 2 years ago, I came here and there to see what was new and all but that was it. 2 weeks ago I came back regularly... I do not why because when I think about it most my friends are gone, I had to start a lot of new "quests" that seemed impossible and I somewhat feel lonely. But I'm working in front of a computer now and at times costumers stop walking in and I get bored, so I ended back here on Gaia lol. Entertainment perhaps is my reason.

Magical Kitten

Because people are so much nicer here than anywhere else (and if you don't agree, then you need to stop visiting the GD). I have a lot of free time during the day so I tend to frequent forums, gradually though I stopped going to other places and just stayed at Gaia.

Also, I love having a pixel dolly. xd I kept my dolls until I was 19, hidden in a box under my bed. Gaia avatars are like dolls that I don't have to hide out of shame. I love dressing up.

Shirtless Fatcat

I had a neglectful childhood where i was denied access to dollies, so, in my regressive state i return here to fulfill my childhood desires.

In all seriousness, i like fiddling with my little pixel doll. it helps me with character design, it distracts from my "stressful" course load, and sich. I often times lurk here, lying to myself that i'll actually post but i rarely do, making it seem like i'm never here, when in fact i'm here for an hour a day..
Qyp
I myself... have lost why I come back... I just seem to naturally come here... it seems it is only some routine now, and nothing more too me.

This and the fact there are a number of friends I've made on here and the easiest way to keep up with them all is to pop on Gaia. I am ready for something new and have been searching for a new forum site for a year or two now. Unfortunately I haven't found a good replacement yet. I want to love Gaia, but I feel like we have grown apart too much. emo

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Habit, mainly.
Plus I feel like after all the time I've invested here it'd be a shame to just leave.

Obsessive Werewolf

Dressing up. My avi is a representation of myself, how I feel, what styles I like, and honestly just what I want to "be." I couldn't be a fairy irl!! Or at least on a daily basis. Plus I like matching and making avatars. It's something for me to do with colors and s**t that I normally can't do cause I don't have a pinch of actual artistic talent emotion_awesome

Demonic Citizen

User Image

I stay on Gaia for several reasons:
1) The avatars. The avatars on Gaia are so unique. I've been on sites where you can only equip one jacket, one shirt, one pair of trousers, one accessory and one pair of shoes. That in itself is very limiting and gets very boring fast. I like the variety that Gaia has, and the freedom to do a lot of unique things with your avatar.

2) My avatar. I honestly think I would have quit if it weren't for him. He's my character, and my pride and joy. I've spent years making him who he is today. To leave Gaia would be killing him, and I couldn't do that if I tried.

3) Its fun. In its weird little way. Its fun to think of your own headcanons and expand on NPCs' stories in your head. So much is left untouched in canon, which leaves way for crackpot theories galore. That's not something that you can come across often. And hey, you can't do worse than the canon we have.

4) Its a time waster. I have a lot of free time, so Gaia can fill up that void when there's nothing better to do. And going on Gaia can make you forget any troubles going on in your life sometimes, which makes it a nice sanctuary from the real world.

I guess it helps as well I've never been an overly social person, so the idea of not having as much things to do in that aspect has never bothered me. Not to mention I'm poor IRL, so rare/expensive things on Gaia is barely offputting.

... sweatdrop That was longer than I was intending it to be. Oopsie.

User Image
About 2 years ago, I told myself I was going to quit and give all my stuff but I never did. Last year, I kept on trying to just delete my bookmarks and start giving things away but couldn't do it. I actually back into Gaia when I saw all the new shiny items and the new things that were happening here. I think what keeps me on here, even if I'm a lurker and I lost contact with all friends here. I love dressing up and changing my avatar to a different persona. I love looking forward to getting new items and questing for ones out of my reach. It's an escape for me.

Hallowed Sex Symbol

14,550 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
н є l l г ค เ ร є г

Have I not been too long in the shadows of invention and creation.
As I rightfully behold the flesh, fear of the conscious mind will have you facing away.

[►] I come back for the items.

My word and world holds ground and is real.
Your word is like floods of poisoned water, a language spoken with spit from different tongues.

Eloquent Prophet

15,950 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
it's just part of my day has been since 2004!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff