Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mind-boggling Bookworm

I gave up roleplaying after a few threads,and guilds, ended up dying.One because of the owner throwing a hissy fit that her character wasn't the mary sue that everyone fawned over.So she deleted every thread and sold the guild after no one bothered to try to start a story again.x-x;

That and the one bestie I had here died before our one on one RP was completed.After he died,that was honestly it for me.I couldn't come up with anything for a story or feel the need to join in on anyone elses.(._. wink
I just created a new account. I haven't been on here since like.... 3 years ago.
OMG I've been on here for 5min and I already have 1,000 gold! lol

I see gaia hasn't solved the massive inflation problem...
Now I have 10,000? What the hell stressed

Wealthy Hoarder

As an rp owner, you have to weed through the bad ones till you get to the good role plays. They are OUT THERE. You just have to find them.

As a rper I hate guilds and go to great lengths to avoid them.

What you need to do is simply surf the baron town forums in order to find what you want. Or...open your own thread and have at it!

Though I know the feeling of owning your own rp. You gotta weed through bad rpers. I have horror story's of that myself!
Speedira Windira
I gave up roleplaying after a few threads,and guilds, ended up dying.One because of the owner throwing a hissy fit that her character wasn't the mary sue that everyone fawned over.So she deleted every thread and sold the guild after no one bothered to try to start a story again.x-x;

That and the one bestie I had here died before our one on one RP was completed.After he died,that was honestly it for me.I couldn't come up with anything for a story or feel the need to join in on anyone elses.(._. wink

I'm really sorry to hear about your friend. r.i.p

Codebreaking Shapeshifter

FierceHex
I don't really mean that in a literal sense, rather...Why is it so dead? Where is the drive to keep an interesting, entertaining rp going? Everything is rather dead..Slow..Hell Back in the day when you created an rp, or even sent a profile for one you'd hear back from the creator, or applier (Which ever side you were on) in the same day...Now its just...Gone. Im not entirely new to gaia I've been a member since 2007 maybe 2008 I just had to make a new profile due to forgetting passwords...But its kinda sad.

I started RPing on Gaia and at the time (2007) I didn't know much about post formatting or how to use a computer to draw
now I don't bother, for the reasons stated in this thread and the sheer fact I have grown out of public RP and grown into RPing with my husband (he barely replies because he is so busy and neither of us are into it much. However I do see what you mean about 'where/what has happened?'
I moved to another site for Roleplay. Allot of people just want OCs and no one wants to RP with a canon character. I will admit, I use to RP on here. Then all the RPs grew stale and boring. Too many of the same mundane topics.

Then we have the damn slave RPs or cliché plots.

Merry Traveler

I mainly do pokemon rp and I agree that rp in gaia is declining
There's less and less appealing rp or mostly repeat.
They also often died within 1-2 weeks because people stopped posting.
It started to going downhill even more when people rage quit during the gold generator early days.

Guild is better when they have owner and crew that is able to manage an rp.
Unfortunately it is also hard to find such guild.
I recently find a good guild that i hoped it will flourish.

Gaia is the only place for me to rp because i don't know anywhere else to rp in.

Fatcat

I'm an AVID roleplayer.
It's near impossible to find good ones nowadays.
But if you search through the ooc long enough, you'll find a diamond in the rough for a good 1x1 eventually. ^u^

I think that a lot of people hate putting in the work to make fancy posts and keep to a length critera so they're a lot more likely to ditch in a group.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff