Welcome to Gaia! ::

Apocalyptic Sweetheart

31,525 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • 50 Wins 150
James Phobos
Alduin Fury

well then im doomed. I only roleplay one on one. crying i used to put in my advertising that i also do group. but i still prefer one on one.

Then focus on that! In the advertising subforum, mention that your English still needs a bit of work so you'd prefer a partner that doesn't mind being patient or the occasional misspelling. I'm sure you can find a RP for you. It might just take a bit of time to find the right partner. c:

thank you for giving me hope james phobos smile

i wont give up then 3nodding

Professional Shapeshifter

Druddigon

I'm just going to answer your number 3 question.

We have two gender terms, Mary sue and Gary sue.

If I'm biased pointing out that fandom is one of the reasons, then so is everybody else in this thread that have said so.

Larry Stu. Marty Stu. We actually have a couple of terms and isn't it funny that that particular term hasnt' been nailed down so completely like "Mary Sue"? That it's not used nearly as much as "Mary Sue" even when all the signs add up?

And idgaf about "everyone else in this thread". You're the only one on this page, so I was addressing you. Don't derail.

(And, I mean, you're all wrong anyways. "Too much fandom" isn't killing RP, it just might not be RP that you like. Case in point: Route 29 is a panfandom roleplay, moved to Dreamwidth, and would you look at that... Five years and still going. Longer than the majority of roleplays I see here on Gaia, so maybe it's just a site specific problem, eh?)

Alduin Fury

Hey, no problem! Everyone should have a chance at fun RP. C:

And hey if you're ever worried about your English or something, you can always PM me! I wouldn't mind even being your beta. That's usually used for fanfic writers, ha ha, but no reason it can't be for RP too.

Apocalyptic Sweetheart

31,525 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • 50 Wins 150
James Phobos
Alduin Fury

Hey, no problem! Everyone should have a chance at fun RP. C:

And hey if you're ever worried about your English or something, you can always PM me! I wouldn't mind even being your beta. That's usually used for fanfic writers, ha ha, but no reason it can't be for RP too.

thank you that is really kind of you smile tough i might not be a good student sweatdrop others have tried to help me. i did learn from it, but its hard for me. but at least i'm doing my best smile

Alduin Fury

thank you that is really kind of you smile tough i might not be a good student sweatdrop others have tried to help me. i did learn from it, but its hard for me. but at least i'm doing my best smile

Hey, some people learn slower than others. Just take your time and work at it. I mean, hey, knowing this much English is already pretty awesome! I mean, I'm a native English speaker and I am more than aware of what a messed up language it is. XD

Apocalyptic Sweetheart

31,525 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • 50 Wins 150
James Phobos
Alduin Fury

Hey, some people learn slower than others. Just take your time and work at it. I mean, hey, knowing this much English is already pretty awesome! I mean, I'm a native English speaker and I am more than aware of what a messed up language it is. XD

thank you for being so kind, so fare i have already learned allot. and having a dictionary for spelling mistakes does help. although sometimes i really need to look for the right words.

Alduin Fury

thank you for being so kind, so fare i have already learned allot. and having a dictionary for spelling mistakes does help. although sometimes i really need to look for the right words.

It can be tricky! I'm pretty sure everyone I've known has had to pause sometimes to think of the right word. Sometimes you just have to watch out because some words are so similar to each other that spell check doesn't catch them, ha ha.

I have some bilingual friends whose first language isn't English but learned it. If you'd like, I could ask them if they have any tips!

Apocalyptic Sweetheart

31,525 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • 50 Wins 150
James Phobos
Alduin Fury

It can be tricky! I'm pretty sure everyone I've known has had to pause sometimes to think of the right word. Sometimes you just have to watch out because some words are so similar to each other that spell check doesn't catch them, ha ha.

I have some bilingual friends whose first language isn't English but learned it. If you'd like, I could ask them if they have any tips!

i know what you mean like the word wont and wound i get them mix up from time to time.

and its fine, im sure ill get better, but if they have tips i would love to hear them. 3nodding

Attila The Chad's Widower

Bad Boy

James Phobos
2. Y'all need to get off your high horses.

6. You just complaining on here about "True RP" sounds suspiciously a lot like "You're not a TRUE gamer if you don't play [generic shooting game] in THIS particular manner" or "You're not a REAL fan of this band if you can't name every single one of their songs", and trust me it's just as tiring in this hobby as it is in any others because it's boring elitist crap when it should be a hobby for everyone.

MAN. I can't seem to clap my hands hard enough for this post. You're absolutely right - RPing's really more about fun than how "true" you are. Everyone's got their own tastes, and ours aren't better or worse than others. Those sentiments just ring elitist. People on here, they gotta chill...

BOMB4Y

MAN. I can't seem to clap my hands hard enough for this post. You're absolutely right - RPing's really more about fun than how "true" you are. Everyone's got their own tastes, and ours aren't better or worse than others. Those sentiments just ring elitist.

Ha ha, I'm glad my angry nerd ranting seems to be ringing true for more than a couple people.

I just have a lot of feelings about this silly pretendy funtime hobby. It's basically been a constant in my life since I was raised by two huge tabletop nerds who, to this day, still actually roleplay so it's near and dear to my heart lol. I think it's important to encourage people and let them have fun in what's supposed to be a fun hobby. If my dad hadn't encouraged and indulged me, maybe I wouldn't have gotten so hyped about RPing online.

Now that I'm older and not as much of a teenage jackass, I think that kind of attitude is important to pass onto younger RPers. Just have fun. Make sure everyone else is having fun. If there are "Mary Sues", if it's a cliche roleplay, if the responses are a little clunky... None of it really matters in the end. And if it really matters, learn to help instead of judge.

It's taken a while for me to learn those kind of things, but hey, now it's learned.

EDIT: And before I forget.... Haru, yes?

Attila The Chad's Widower

Bad Boy

James Phobos
Ha ha, I'm glad my angry nerd ranting seems to be ringing true for more than a couple people.

I just have a lot of feelings about this silly pretendy funtime hobby. It's basically been a constant in my life since I was raised by two huge tabletop nerds who, to this day, still actually roleplay so it's near and dear to my heart lol. I think it's important to encourage people and let them have fun in what's supposed to be a fun hobby. If my dad hadn't encouraged and indulged me, maybe I wouldn't have gotten so hyped about RPing online.

Now that I'm older and not as much of a teenage jackass, I think that kind of attitude is important to pass onto younger RPers. Just have fun. Make sure everyone else is having fun. If there are "Mary Sues", if it's a cliche roleplay, if the responses are a little clunky... None of it really matters in the end. And if it really matters, learn to help instead of judge.

It's taken a while for me to learn those kind of things, but hey, now it's learned.

EDIT: And before I forget.... Haru, yes?

They do. surprised Like you, I also think learning to build others works a lot better than tearing them down. A lot of people may argue that if you didn't criticize others, they won't learn - but there's always a different way to do things. Shaming others, or putting others down generate bitter feelings, and often a lot of hurt. They sometimes don't amount to anything other than the inability to grow or communicate with anyone else who's, well, different.

A lot of users here are older people. Despite that, they don't seem to have a problem talking down or poorly of younger users, for no apparent reason too. There are a few people I see repeatedly saying bad things or rule-breaking were done by "stupid teenagers" but more often than not the people I've seen breaking rules are adults, often with anger issues or depression (that is, they tend to use depression as an excuse, so I'm not entirely sure about the legitimacy), or yes, horniness (I'm talking sex offenders. These people are not "horny teenagers" ). You'd think older folk or adults would know better than to segregate by age. It's sad, really. Being older doesn't automatically make someone more mature, or law-abiding. Having the right attitude does. I can't see a lot of them being encouraging, to be completely honest. This may be why I was pleasantly surprised when you wrote that. I don't see this around very often.

Your dad brought you up good haha whee RPing's basically dreaming, isn't it? A lot of us do it to enable ourselves to dream outside of what we normally do. I don't know about you, but I sorta like cliched. They're sorta nostalgic, sometimes. Old anime's pretty cliched to... but they have their charm. There's always interest in everything for everyone, huh? yum_puddi
And yeah, Haru. ninja He's the only swimsuiter I know...

Trash Vampire

I've never liked the Gaia RP communities tbh, so it's no harsh blow to me if they're settling down. The emphasis on purple prose and the need for stolen art as a face claim/part of your post format is a huge turn off. More than a few of my peers have had their art/art they commissioned stolen by Gaia RPers who actually had the gall to get uppity when they were told that wasn't okay. Good riddance. ~= 3=)~

Eloquent Muse

I haven't been in Barton for ten years? Entertaining and interesting roleplay is a subjective term and times change.
People could be busy? Could have left because of the new changes to Gaia? A lot of people have left because of the changes. The speed at which people in Barton Town seemed to require you to answer was one of the reasons I left it. I felt rushed and pressured.

I do my roleplaying in B/C, mostly with a tight group of friends who have the same style as me. I've noticed B/C has slowed down, but most of the regulars are adults, so.

Abbacus

I've never liked the Gaia RP communities tbh, so it's no harsh blow to me if they're settling down. The emphasis on purple prose and the need for stolen art as a face claim/part of your post format is a huge turn off. More than a few of my peers have had their art/art they commissioned stolen by Gaia RPers who actually had the gall to get uppity when they were told that wasn't okay. Good riddance. ~= 3=)~

Nor have I, really. For the same reason. Those pictures are not theirs and they shouldn't be touching them for any reason unless they have permission. Giving credit isn't going to change my feelings, because the artist still might not have wanted that piece of artwork touched.

In a relationship with a fleshlight

Ladykiller

I could never get into forum roleplay on Gaia, not even for the "good ol days". I get tired just glancing at the Barton forum. I roleplay my OC as my Gaia avatar in Towns and hope for the best. I've found a handful of people, and with my schedule, that seems to be enough. I sometimes wish I could meet more people to RP with but I just can't take my RPing and OCs seriously enough for most people's liking.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff