Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you think of the gaians who helped inflate/are further inflating gaia?

They are terrible, they ruined our site because they were so greedy! 0.37291280148423 37.3% [ 201 ]
Hey, I can understand, its everyone for himself on here 0.23005565862709 23.0% [ 124 ]
Wonderful! They raised the prices, so everyone is richer! 0.01669758812616 1.7% [ 9 ]
I'm poor on here, it sucks, they're to blame 0.066790352504638 6.7% [ 36 ]
I don't care. 0.12987012987013 13.0% [ 70 ]
WORSHIP THE VENDORS! 0.020408163265306 2.0% [ 11 ]
BURN THIS THREAD AND THE OP WITH FIRE. 0.035250463821892 3.5% [ 19 ]
Why the heck am I even on this stupid thread. 0.074211502782931 7.4% [ 40 ]
Ninja glomp! 0.053803339517625 5.4% [ 29 ]
Total Votes:[ 539 ]
< 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19 20 21 > >>

Devoted Wife

21,700 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Married 100
The No Nonsense Butterfly
AKB0048
Well, tbh, I didn't know people's opinions on thems. All I know is that they are the richest gaians, so I associate that with success on their part, and used them as examples. o.o

Through fair means or foul, they did put in effort to grow to the um... "Highest teir?" thing...

I had no idea it would spark so much um...controversy? Is that the right word..?

I'm just a little artist who draws on here and does polls when I get curious. ^^;

I don't really care about who's the who, I just picked the two names I hear most often in the flash areas. And I only know about the fan group because I stumbled into the thread by accident one day, while browsing around. XD

I prefer to not get involved in opinions, which is why I'm not replying to most of these, but I am tallying everything everyone says, there will be a post showing the results later. :3

I would honestly remove it. I don't think they in particular would care, but it is something that can be seen as harassment.

I already asked around before I posted this. Since my own opinion is neutral, and not harassing them in any way, shape, or form, and since my thread was not posted with the intent to harass, and covers a wide scope of opinions/data, its not harassment.

They can personally take it as harassment sure, but a thread mod will not see it to be that way.
Political correctness much?
Don't delete this, Yeah you named droppped. so? it's the interwebs and a good topic. hang in there hon.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
I already asked around before I posted this. Since my own opinion is neutral, and not harassing them in any way, shape, or form, and since my thread was not posted with the intent to harass, and covers a wide scope of opinions/data, its not harassment.

They can personally take it as harassment sure, but a thread mod will not see it to be that way.

Yeah, but you're associating them with people who AI the marketplace, as well as lumping all other vendors with them as well. And that's honestly going to give people the impression that they do these things when I know for a fact they don't (well, I'm pretty sure King doesn't, but I don't know for sure. I know BRAIN doesn't).

And as someone who does vend, I'm actually a bit offended. I earned my gold vending through fair means, I even return misprices often before the person who mispriced even noticed that they did. Being lumped together as "greedy" is a bit much and only serves to spread the image of vendors as boogeymen when the vast majority of them are normal users.

Bunny

I really shouldn't say anything negative about those who still buy gold generators seeing as I bought Flynn's booty when it first came out..

Even though I super regret it completely emotion_facepalm I THOUGHT IT WAS A ONE OFF.

Angelic Bookworm

AKB0048

Yeah, but you're associating them with people who AI the marketplace, as well as lumping all other vendors with them as well. And that's honestly going to give people the impression that they do these things when I know for a fact they don't (well, I'm pretty sure King doesn't, but I don't know for sure. I know BRAIN doesn't).

And as someone who does vend, I'm actually a bit offended. I earned my gold vending through fair means, I even return misprices often before the person who mispriced even noticed that they did. Being lumped together as "greedy" is a bit much and only serves to spread the image of vendors as boogeymen when the vast majority of them are normal users.

*sighs* be offended all you like, sir. Simply put, this is a POLL to gather opinions of the general mass public about what THEY think of vendors which is WHY my opinion is neutral. If you'd READ my OP, you'd see that I respect hardworking vendors.

So. Thank you for the input, please don't be offended by opinions, they are after all, just that, opinions. You're a big boy, you have a brain, and you put in hard effort to earn what you have. So keep at it, ignore the negative opinions, applaud the positive ones, and enjoy the rest of your day.

n u n

Time-traveling Senshi

Huggleberry Finn
Chibi Halo

I said serious or not people are creating "cults" and hero worship guilds and threads surrounding particular high end users. It's not just him. His group just happens to be the most recognizable because of the fact that he had the custom item. He hosts a lot of things for people and whatever the reasons being aren't that important. He's an example because he's a more well known vendor. A few years back people were flocking around a user who wrote his own e-book on how to make it rich on Gaia and was actually selling it for ten dollars. They made a fan guild dedicated to him. My point at the center of all of this is that certain users out there will be treated with near godlike status because people think being in their inner circle comes with instant perks and first cracks at their stuff when it goes up for sale. It's fame by association.

It doesn't matter if it's BRAIN or Legend or whoever people are going to flock to certain individuals because it's fame by association pure and simple.

I made an edit to my first post about how I recognized your "serious or not" statement.
That said.
My problem is your definition with the words "cult" and "hero worship". I think you should look up the definition of both before you go throwing those words around like they actually support your argument.
Hero worship maybe, but it's still all in jest.
If you think he's serious you might want to add the words "sarcastic" and "satire" to your list to look up later.

(also, what a weird comparison. I was around when that was going on and it completely slipped my mind, you must hold a grudge on people you barely know like it's your job.)

also
way to skirt around my issue with you calling those who get hosted by his auction services attention whores.
emotion_brofist
I'm not looking for fame by association, that's insulting.

I'm not saying you are at all so I'm sorry if I gave that impression about you personally.

I never said people like that are attention whores. People in higher tiers of vending associate with people who have so much gold to toss around it just becomes easier to get their art noticed by those who can afford it if you ally with someone with the right connections for adverting purposes. That, and not having the time to seriously dedicate oneself to holding an auction, pretty much what I was getting at with the hosting deals.

And when I said "cult" I was using the word the person who started the fan thread dedicated to him used. They, jokingly I hope because I'd hate to think they are serious with that, see themselves as a "cult" dedicated to him.

At any rate I really don't want to get into things that might be thought of as off topic and I do think we're going to have to agree to disagree about a lot of stuff.

(And before more is said about me hating on people like that let's just say I've been burned pretty badly by the net famous (not single site famous) and their legion of attack dogs nearly a decade ago on another site that I really find it hard to look at groups and people like that and just wave it off as simple jokes and harmless fun)

Devoted Wife

21,700 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Married 100
AKB0048

*sighs* be offended all you like, sir. Simply put, this is a POLL to gather opinions of the general mass public about what THEY think of vendors which is WHY my opinion is neutral. If you'd READ my OP, you'd see that I respect hardworking vendors.

So. Thank you for the input, please don't be offended by opinions, they are after all, just that, opinions. Enjoy the rest of your day.

n u n
The only person who can offend you is yourself... >.> just sayin.

most of us don't hate Vends we hate the stupid AI and the craptastic invention of auto gold droppers like Flynns booty and what not. >.>

Mysterious Trickster

Chibi Halo
Kain-Senpai
I remember the book fiasco! I was so mad what it was happening because of the information the book contained. I agree with you that there were users defending said user about the book, and I'm like, "really? this information is free, already. " I always wondered if Gaia ever did anything surround said user, because information was copy righted to Gaia, and he was obviously gaining some sort of revenue from selling the book.

Honestly, if they did we probably never heard a single word about it. People were defending the guy because he was paying them to be spokespeople for him and his book. So they were being paid to white knight him as well. It's sad what some will do within the ToS for the sake of gold.

I've never heard word of said user paying others to be spoken for the e-book, so, I couldn't agree or disagree on the matter. However, you're probably right about Gaia not saying word about contacting said user about the e-book. I don't even know if the e-book is still available. x.x

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Honestly? I used to feel that way but now I know that at least BRAIN isn't really doing anything harmful. He's a super rich vendor yes but he got that way through legitimate vending means, the real way to do so by studying the market and buying and selling at the right times.

He's not artificially inflating items, he's not buying low listings and re-selling them seconds later or lying and saying he's questing something only to re-sell it if someone donates or sells it to him low. The way he makes his gold is legitimate and he's worked hard for it.

Yeah, I'm not particularly fond of this new breed of vendors that don't study the market and just take advantage of people but he's not like them and as far as I know neither is King. They're old school, the way they do it is legit and takes a lot of effort. I gotta respect them for that.

Now users who artificially inflate by asking people to jack up prices or buying all the listings of an item and re-listing them super high...those people are scumbags.

Time-traveling Senshi

Chibi Halo
Yen Quest
Chibi Halo
          I said serious or not people are creating "cults" and hero worship guilds and threads surrounding particular high end users. It's not just him. His group just happens to be the most recognizable because of the fact that he had the custom item. He hosts a lot of things for people and whatever the reasons being aren't that important. He's an example because he's a more well known vendor. A few years back people were flocking around a user who wrote his own e-book on how to make it rich on Gaia and was actually selling it for ten dollars. They made a fan guild dedicated to him. My point at the center of all of this is that certain users out there will be treated with near godlike status because people think being in their inner circle comes with instant perks and first cracks at their stuff when it goes up for sale. It's fame by association.

It doesn't matter if it's BRAIN or Legend or whoever people are going to flock to certain individuals because it's fame by association pure and simple.

Your hatred for "prommies" is unbelievable. The point of the thread is about people who inflates the economy in a crudely manner, not about those who partakes in AIs because of a well known person (infamous or not).

Of course, we'll have to agree to disagree on the notion where gold gens vs a person's popularity being the main source behind today's inflating economy.

The OP naming names was likely to bring about chatter surrounding just them. It's pure and simple Gaian logic unfortunately.

Still, people have in recent months pointed to guilds and groups who are actively manipulating tings so prices don't fall when Gaia tries to increase the supply. You have to admit that it's pretty underhanded and unfair to those who aren't dealing in hundreds of billions and possibly trillions of gold and items now.

Well, tbh, I didn't know people's opinions on thems. All I know is that they are the richest gaians, so I associate that with success on their part, and used them as examples. o.o

Through fair means or foul, they did put in effort to grow to the um... "Highest teir?" thing...

I had no idea it would spark so much um...controversy? Is that the right word..?

I'm just a little artist who draws on here and does polls when I get curious. ^^;

I don't really care about who's the who, I just picked the two names I hear most often in the flash areas. And I only know about the fan group because I stumbled into the thread by accident one day, while browsing around. XD

I prefer to not get involved in opinions, which is why I'm not replying to most of these, but I am tallying everything everyone says, there will be a post showing the results later. :3

And I think for my sanity and the sake of the thread staying in the GCD I'm going to have to agree to disagree with a lot of people and not respond to anything dealing with specific users anymore. Sorry if I'm dragging stuff off topic there.

Angelic Bookworm

S u r f For L o v e
AKB0048

So. Thank you for the input, please don't be offended by opinions, they are after all, just that, opinions. Enjoy the rest of your day.

n u n
The only person who can offend you is yourself... >.> just sayin.

most of us don't hate Vends we hate the stupid AI and the craptastic invention of auto gold droppers like Flynns booty and what not. >.>

*nods* he has every right to be offended if he likes, but rather then fight, I try to reason. If you cant reason with a gaian peacefully and logically, just push the ignore button. :/

(Though I hate adding people to ignore) >^<

I am gathering this for legitimate purposes, I intend on putting this is a thread to keep tabs on the gaian economy in general. Vendors are simply one facet of it, I'll be making polls about other things too. :3

Tiny Shapeshifter

Chibi Halo

The OP naming names was likely to bring about chatter surrounding just them. It's pure and simple Gaian logic unfortunately.

Still, people have in recent months pointed to guilds and groups who are actively manipulating tings so prices don't fall when Gaia tries to increase the supply. You have to admit that it's pretty underhanded and unfair to those who aren't dealing in hundreds of billions and possibly trillions of gold and items now.

OP asked to keep things civil. Now, I don't know Brain on a personal level, at least not enough to tell whether he's an AIer where majority dislikes an AIer for, but s**t, I am sick and tired of seeing people single-ing him and his friends out in such a belittling way. It's as annoying as people hating on Gaia artists for creating the knock knee leg poses. One can hate the leg trend without calling it a pee-pee pose, for the sake of those who actually likes the leg mod.

Anyway, If we're talking about general AI-ing guilds, their existence has always been there, way before Gaia start re-releasing MCs. I remember reading about full-on AI guilds being against the rules though. They're like the bad side of honest to goodness vending guilds. The hard part is telling the difference between vending from AIers, since AIers tend to disguises themselves under the vendor title. Which reminds me, the situations similar to figuring out who the noobs are from the newbies, even though both have their fair share of similarities and differences.

In no way am I supporting the nasty kind of AIers, but I'm pretty sure that there are just as many legit vendors who are helping with the rate of inflation on this site without even realizing it. Like I said earlier, the MP is ran by those who actively participates in it. The opposite is also true. Those who don't participate in the MP are allowing change take place.

Time-traveling Senshi

Kain-Senpai
Chibi Halo
Kain-Senpai
I remember the book fiasco! I was so mad what it was happening because of the information the book contained. I agree with you that there were users defending said user about the book, and I'm like, "really? this information is free, already. " I always wondered if Gaia ever did anything surround said user, because information was copy righted to Gaia, and he was obviously gaining some sort of revenue from selling the book.

Honestly, if they did we probably never heard a single word about it. People were defending the guy because he was paying them to be spokespeople for him and his book. So they were being paid to white knight him as well. It's sad what some will do within the ToS for the sake of gold.

I've never heard word of said user paying others to be spoken for the e-book, so, I couldn't agree or disagree on the matter. However, you're probably right about Gaia not saying word about contacting said user about the e-book. I don't even know if the e-book is still available. x.x

I don't know if that was stuff I read in threads or links to the guild at the time or what but I do know some people were getting paid, like one of the many services around the site, to have a link to the fan guild in their signatures and to talk up the book in the Chatterbox. It was as I heard it one of his ways of helping out the little guy by putting them to work for him.

Angelic Bookworm

xx I met my fate xx
Honestly? I used to feel that way but now I know that at least BRAIN isn't really doing anything harmful. He's a super rich vendor yes but he got that way through legitimate vending means, the real way to do so by studying the market and buying and selling at the right times.

He's not artificially inflating items, he's not buying low listings and re-selling them seconds later or lying and saying he's questing something only to re-sell it if someone donates or sells it to him low. The way he makes his gold is legitimate and he's worked hard for it.

Yeah, I'm not particularly fond of this new breed of vendors that don't study the market and just take advantage of people but he's not like them and as far as I know neither is King. They're old school, the way they do it is legit and takes a lot of effort. I gotta respect them for that.

Now users who artificially inflate by asking people to jack up prices or buying all the listings of an item and re-listing them super high...those people are scumbags.

I agree with you on BRAIN and king IV. They always seemed like hard working vendors to me.

But man, so many people have different opinions about vendors, I'm getting lots of data for this.

I listed them because they seem like respectable hard working gaians to mees. (That and they're the only two I know of that are the sites richest gaians, hence successful)

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
xx I met my fate xx

I agree with you on BRAIN and king IV. They always seemed like hard working vendors to me.

But man, so many people have different opinions about vendors, I'm getting lots of data for this.

I listed them because they seem like respectable hard working gaians to mees. (That and they're the only two I know of that are the sites richest gaians, hence successful)

After reading through the first page it seems like King might not be as honest as I thought he was but I don't know him so I really don't want to judge. I did that to BRAIN and I felt guilty after because as goofy as he is, I think he's actually a nice dude.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50

So. Thank you for the input, please don't be offended by opinions, they are after all, just that, opinions. You're a big boy, you have a brain, and you put in hard effort to earn what you have. So keep at it, ignore the negative opinions, applaud the positive ones, and enjoy the rest of your day.

n u n

Even if your own opinion is neutral, you should think of how to better to frame the discussion so that it's neutral from the outset. neutral And saying "opinions are just opinions", that doesn't really fly for "opinions" that are potentially being used as fuel to encourage harassment.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff