Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you think of the gaians who helped inflate/are further inflating gaia?

They are terrible, they ruined our site because they were so greedy! 0.37291280148423 37.3% [ 201 ]
Hey, I can understand, its everyone for himself on here 0.23005565862709 23.0% [ 124 ]
Wonderful! They raised the prices, so everyone is richer! 0.01669758812616 1.7% [ 9 ]
I'm poor on here, it sucks, they're to blame 0.066790352504638 6.7% [ 36 ]
I don't care. 0.12987012987013 13.0% [ 70 ]
WORSHIP THE VENDORS! 0.020408163265306 2.0% [ 11 ]
BURN THIS THREAD AND THE OP WITH FIRE. 0.035250463821892 3.5% [ 19 ]
Why the heck am I even on this stupid thread. 0.074211502782931 7.4% [ 40 ]
Ninja glomp! 0.053803339517625 5.4% [ 29 ]
Total Votes:[ 539 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 >

I used to care, but now it's whatever.
They know what GGs do to the economy by now, we've had them for almost a year, if they still choose to purchase them even with all the warnings, who am I to tell them "no"?
I am not their mom, it's not my money.
As long as I don't contribute to inflation, I am making enough of a difference, considering every GG customer could pump 2bil+ into the economy.

Devoted Heckler

******** this topic and anyone who thinks vendors are to blame.

I am sick and tired of certain users here (whom I know buy gold generators) spreading propaganda that it's all/mostly the fault of vendors.

Firstly, there have always been vendors and they are not suddenly doing anything that they weren't doing before. If it was the fault of vendors then prices and wealth inequality would be the same as they were before gold gens.
Secondly, a lot of MP activity attributed to vendors has almost nothing to do with them. If you've been reading the forums then you'll see plenty of non-vendors admitting to panic buying lots of items every time a gold gen is released. These same users also say they hurriedly cancel all their MP listings so the same does not happen to them.

Don't fall for the lies. Certain people want you to blame anyone but them so as they can continue on lining their pockets at your expense.

Firebreathing Menace

45,700 Points
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Master Medic 150
I don't blame people who buy gg's. If they have the money and can afford them then it's the easiest way to get an item from your wish list. At one time you made your wealth by spending time on the site. There were a couple of years where is was fair to everyone; you could use gc to make gold/buy an item or spend your time on here and make enough gold to get items. You can still make enough gold thru exchanging/vending but that's about it. The wealth is switching/has switched to those with money. It's the new Gaia. In the beginning it was unfair to people who couldn't spend a lot of time on the site, now it's unfair to people who don't have a lot of money.

What I truly dislike is that all Gaia is now is gg's and money grabbing. The site is getting stale and boring and there is less and less of a community every year. Personally, I've had enough and am slowly quitting, though it is a hard habit to break after so many years.
BrunchBunch
Free Art Slave
BrunchBunch
The fact that you can turn real life money in to Gaia stuff

outweighs personal skill turning in to Gaia stuff

is the crux behind the inflation that is viewed as bad

Doesn't mean they're mutually exclusive.

Where do you think the real life money comes from? I work my a** off with OT in order to meet project deadlines and get a decent paycheck that allows me to have disposable income. I say the things I do, that contributes to the outside world, in order to get the real life money in order to convert it to gaia cash is worth more.

If we're going to pull the 'well some people have generous parents' than that would likely be the minority, just like those really popular artists who can buy a halo with a single commission. I venture to guess that the majority of people here actually earn their money as young adults with disposable income.

Hmmmm yes we have to also take in to account those who provide secondary services such as avatar art etc because these are a way of using skill to get better objects on Gaia.

I feel that so many people have become disillusioned with outside funds making you better at this game, especially with the gold generators as of late. For example, I bought 25 dollars worth of GC for the first time and it provided me with billions of gold worth of premium items almost right away. I have to ask is this fair? How much fishing and Zomg'ing would it take to catch up with persons using real life money to super-enthuse their accounts?

It is no longer a matter of wether you pay to win, but how much you pay to win.

I very much disagree with the implication that people who have the funds to pay have an unfair advantage. They have an advantage, sure, but how is it unfair if the cash came from money they earned? Gaia gold is free, but it takes time and effort to get it for most people. Cash uses money, but money comes from somewhere and lots of people earn that cash with their income or job. It's not as if cash users just tripped over a sack of money.

To me, it isn't any less fair than if a really good artist is able to make a bajillion gold through commissions. Since, ya'know, artists just don't fart out their stuff. It takes effort. A different avenue, yes, but what determines something being more legitamate than another? The fact that it's done exclusively on site (vending/booty grab/etc) or partially (avatar art commissions) or not at all (buying cash)?

Kawaii Shapeshifter

There are a few people out there who AI items and it is terrible, but they have always been around.

The majority of the blame for the current state of the mp should go to Gaia for releasing gold generators and the Gaians who purchase them.

By pumping so much gold into the system they are decreasing it's value and therefore increasing the amount of it needed to buy items.

Also with gold so readily available people are buying AI'd items and showing AIers they can get away with it.

Sparkly Explorer

I voted, "I'm poor on here and they're too blame." option because I don't see all vendors as being greedy (although almost all vendors/hoarders I know are greedy and/or incredibly cocky - I did say almost, too, not all). I don't want to clump them all in a terrible range, because a lot of them are taking advantage of Gaia's greediness more than anything. I think if Gaia wasn't so greedy, then some of the vendors wouldn't be too greedy.

Am I making sense? XD

Posessed Completionist

I don't agree with those who are blatantly AI'ing the hell out of items to ridiculous amounts even by today's inflated standards because they're just being ridiculous, but I've never agreed with that to begin with. However, that being said, a lot of vendors do give back through charities,donations, and by buying artwork and many don't do the whole AI thing and dislike it as much as the next user. They are a problem, and by they I mean those who are taking rampant advantage of the inflation produced by the gold generators, and are part of the reason that inflation isn't stopping, but they arn't the only one either. The root of the issue is the gg themselves and always has been. Unfortunately there are those feeding the AI'ers because of the gg allowing them to get more gold instantly, and therefore it's not going to stop anytime soon.

Spooky Phantom

21,500 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
As a general rule, I don't like all these gold gens. However, they're not stopping any time soon and inflation is crazy, so I don't feel guilty about getting a bundle every once in a while. I don't buy GC and rely on the free offers and prefer to buy items, so it's still only once or twice a year.

The real problem with it is that it's made the site simply impossible to play for those who rely on the site to gain gold. For folks who relied on Booty Grab or zOMG, it's impossible to keep up.

Business Hero

8,325 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
-poof- Hi (。・ω・。)

While I feel there are many factors at play in regard of how the site is now, I don't think one solemn party is to blame here, even with me knowing the folks who are involved and trying to play those things off while gloating (they know who they are without me having to name them).

There's not an easy solution to try to get Gaia as a whole back to decent state where there isn't upheaval in regard of gold generators getting pumped out every few days, people who already have tons of gold to hoard items getting richer, and how idiotic the marketing team and the higher ups of the site have gotten in the name of making a profit. I feel that besides a mass exodus to another site--which I doubt most people would do given the amount of time and money they have invested into the site--it would take a concerted effort by a sizable portion of the userbase and someone or a number of someones with plenty of cash to spare to try to turn the site's economy back around, having a stable and less hostile community, and making newer or less active members feel more homely here. I do not like how greedy, selfish, disrespectful, and condescending many members, especially certain ones (again, they know who they are) act towards those they aren't as grandiose and/or popular as they are.
While the inflation has greatly benefited me. It's killed the site.

Fuzzy Bear

Sip The T
uninanonomonitity

I've also done straight vending. 12+ hour days grabbing misprices. Re-evaluate your shitty life right there.

I dont have anything against vendors. Most of them are slow, some of them are bots, User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I also wouldnt call supply and demand 'artificial inflation' or 'hyperinflation'. Take kodona for example. Very few of them sold which is why it is so expensive. If there isnt a listing for an item, i'll usually throw up a copy I have for xx billion and if it sells cool if not oh well. I'm retired from vending and dont need gold anymore
. You talk about yourself and I dont care neither do the other people. We don't care what you do.
Yeah, I talked about myself. Thats how a discussion on vending and vendors works. You give your personal experience. If you dont care, dont read it. Stop hatin bro

Fuzzy Bear

Sip The T
uninanonomonitity
Sip The T
uninanonomonitity

I've also done straight vending. 12+ hour days grabbing misprices. Re-evaluate your shitty life right there.

I dont have anything against vendors. Most of them are slow, some of them are bots, User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I also wouldnt call supply and demand 'artificial inflation' or 'hyperinflation'. Take kodona for example. Very few of them sold which is why it is so expensive. If there isnt a listing for an item, i'll usually throw up a copy I have for xx billion and if it sells cool if not oh well. I'm retired from vending and dont need gold anymore
. You talk about yourself and I dont care neither do the other people. We don't care what you do.
Yeah, I talked about myself. Thats how a discussion on vending and vendors works. You give your personal experience. If you dont care, dont read it. Stop hatin bro
I did not ask for you to reply to me. I find that disrespectful.

Thank you
There is an ignore function for you to utilize if you dislike any of the content of my posts.

All I'm seein is some bent out of shape broke user on a shitty mule tryin to stir the pot. Maybe stop.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff