Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you think of the gaians who helped inflate/are further inflating gaia?

They are terrible, they ruined our site because they were so greedy! 0.37291280148423 37.3% [ 201 ]
Hey, I can understand, its everyone for himself on here 0.23005565862709 23.0% [ 124 ]
Wonderful! They raised the prices, so everyone is richer! 0.01669758812616 1.7% [ 9 ]
I'm poor on here, it sucks, they're to blame 0.066790352504638 6.7% [ 36 ]
I don't care. 0.12987012987013 13.0% [ 70 ]
WORSHIP THE VENDORS! 0.020408163265306 2.0% [ 11 ]
BURN THIS THREAD AND THE OP WITH FIRE. 0.035250463821892 3.5% [ 19 ]
Why the heck am I even on this stupid thread. 0.074211502782931 7.4% [ 40 ]
Ninja glomp! 0.053803339517625 5.4% [ 29 ]
Total Votes:[ 539 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 >

Zephyr Ceferino's Princess

Fluffy Kitten

Fanny ******** this topic and anyone who thinks vendors are to blame.

I am sick and tired of certain users here (whom I know buy gold generators) spreading propaganda that it's all/mostly the fault of vendors.

Firstly, there have [i]always been vendors and they are not suddenly doing anything that they weren't doing before. If it was the fault of vendors then prices and wealth inequality would be the same as they were before gold gens.
Secondly, a lot of MP activity attributed to vendors has almost nothing to do with them. If you've been reading the forums then you'll see plenty of non-vendors admitting to panic buying lots of items every time a gold gen is released. These same users also say they hurriedly cancel all their MP listings so the same does not happen to them.

Don't fall for the lies. Certain people want you to blame anyone but them so as they can continue on lining their pockets at your exp
lppbl5ee:0="Fanny ******** this topic and anyone who thinks vendors are to blame.

I am sick and tired of certain users here (whom I know buy gold generators) spreading propaganda that it's all/mostly the fault of vendors.

Firstly, there have [i]always been vendors and they are not suddenly doing anything that they weren't doing before. If it was the fault of vendors then prices and wealth inequality would be the same as they were before gold gens.
Secondly, a lot of MP activity attributed to vendors has almost [i]nothing[/i] to do with them. If you've been reading the forums then you'll see plenty of non-vendors admitting to panic buying lots of items every time a gold gen is released. These same users also say they hurriedly cancel all their MP listings so the same does not happen to them.

Don't fall for the lies. Certain people want you to blame anyone but them so as they can continue on lining their pockets at your expense.

Agreed to infinity.

No Winner

33,650 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • 10000 High Score 300
  • Magical Girl 50
Truth be told, the #1 reason for hyperinflation is Gaians panicking. Overall, that panicking is caused by the popularity of gold generators. I'm not even 100% sure if it's the actual GGs, themselves, causing the inflation. It may just be the mindset that GGs have given. GGs may influence inflation more than they actually feed inflation. Just a theory; who knows? It gets worse as they continue to be released because, then, Gaians get into the habit of having to panic. It's a weird, vicious cycle.

IstillthinkGGsareshettytho

Unholy Prophet

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I don't blame any user for ruining the economy.
The users have only ever done what they are intended to do, buy products that they like or think they can use.

It's gaia's fault for continuously releasing gold rigs, and older items, devaluing otherwise hard to get items, and gold itself.

The only reason I would ever hold a user at fault for the ruin in the economy is when they purposefully inflate the value of an item, be it by hording and then selling them all for considerably more than normal price, or buying them up in large quantity and immediately trying to flip them for profit

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Sarcastic Prophet

I have nothing against vendors. In the ~10 months that gold generators have been out, they have done more damage to the economy and to the user experience of everyone than vendors have done since the day the Gaia Marketplace was born. I don't judge vendors or exchangers -- except those who artificially inflate items by buying all of them and then selling them at ridiculous prices, which is a douchebag move. I do, however, judge those who still buy gold generators, and I judge them hard for their ignorance of elementary economics and for their apathy towards the user experience of literally everyone else.

Cannibal Horsey's Significant Otter

Eloquent Explorer

The sole reason to blame for this inflation is that people buy GG.

That's it. End of story.

I can understand why people buy them... but seriously it's been months since Flynn first shook her booty at us and we KNOW the consequences. Yet people STILL fall for the same crap and buy them emotion_facepalm

Witty Bibliophile

11,975 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Miss Perfection

The sole reason to blame for this inflation is that people buy GG.

That's it. End of story.

I can understand why people buy them... but seriously it's been months since Flynn first shook her booty at us and we KNOW the consequences. Yet people STILL fall for the same crap and buy them emotion_facepalm

Sometimes I can't blame them. Most of the nice new items are in the billions or hundreds of millions and there are really no good ways to earn gold besides high-tier vending and grinding booty grab for months or even years. For instance, there isn't anything on my wishlist under a billion. Some users are far less patient than I and would rather buy a gen in the hopes of a huge payout. I think Gaia has realized this and is attempting to milk it until the site loses a substantial portion of the userbase.

Attila The Chad's Widower

Bad Boy

I'm pretty neutral about it.

How do I put it... these people playing and pushing the market up may actually be both an artist's and an art collector's best friend. The prices sort of drive a need to earn more to obtain it, and that makes more people sell art - allowing people who purchase art to have more variety in the pool than just the same people from before.

It also allows the artists to charge higher as well, since now these collectors usually, through playing the MP, have enough gold to buy it for higher. Some artists get to have their work truly become a form of luxury - which is not a bad feeling to have at all.

I can live without items, so I don't really get mad. An item is nice to have, but not everything's fated to be in our hands haha. whee

Philosophizing Smoker

44,800 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Winged 100
  • Master Slayer 200
"...of the crooked timber of humanity...

It irritates me, however, I do the very same thing. You really don't have much of a choice, if you want to survive in the marketplace. I spend hundreds monthly, and I still can't keep up, though, so it would be nice if we could all band together and cut back. sweatdrop

...no straight thing was ever made."

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Yaunie13
Truth be told, the #1 reason for hyperinflation is Gaians panicking. Overall, that panicking is caused by the popularity of gold generators. I'm not even 100% sure if it's the actual GGs, themselves, causing the inflation. It may just be the mindset that GGs have given. GGs may influence inflation more than they actually feed inflation. Just a theory; who knows? It gets worse as they continue to be released because, then, Gaians get into the habit of having to panic. It's a weird, vicious cycle.

IstillthinkGGsareshettytho

It's more than just that too. Before Bling Blast was released, in the Exchange people were hesitant to drop offers of around 10b. Right after it and the piggies started, people started dropping 35b bids like it was nothing and when the golden piggies came out 80b was dropped by a lot of people without even blinking an eye.

If people have a lot of gold, then they're going to throw it around to get items they want. Now imagine that problem projected to everyone. People who choose to not participate just have to be content with being left out of the loop.

Magical Girl

26,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Invisibility 100
I think it's completely wrong to blame vendors for inflation. The problem is more about users who have excessive amounts of gold willing to buy at higher prices. Vendors have to keep up by pricing items higher, or else they'll just lose out. Pricing items lower does not actually help inflation because anyone can just snipe a low priced listing before it has any overall effect.

So what causes all of this in the first place? Gold generators. They widen the gap between users who only rely on site features and users who can easily adapt to changing gold values. With so much excess gold, just posting or playing Booty Grab earns basically nothing. Vendors and artists on the other hand, can just increase the price of what they are selling to match the current state of the economy.

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100

It's not vendors who I find greedy, though I'm not crazy about the rampant showing-off that some vendors are prone to. Nah, to me it's the people who STILL purchase GG's, whether they bought and sold from the CS or MP. I'm sitting here with 250M, considered poor by many users these days. Fortunately I have a substantial inventory and avoid purchasing items that are 1B+, but it's not enough to impact the economy as it is and it's getting progressively more difficult for me to make gold, let alone avoid items that are in the billions.

Transform

its just dopamine, baby!

emotion_donotwant

Loyal Sailor

The fault is Gaia's, for releasing gold gens in the first place. I don't particularly like the gaians who buy into gold gens but you know what? I don't really care and can't really blame them. Hey, they care about themselves first, can I really expect any better from strangers? No. But I can and do blame the site.

Cannibal Horsey's Significant Otter

Eloquent Explorer

Imrae Myett
Sometimes I can't blame them. Most of the nice new items are in the billions or hundreds of millions and there are really no good ways to earn gold besides high-tier vending and grinding booty grab for months or even years. For instance, there isn't anything on my wishlist under a billion. Some users are far less patient than I and would rather buy a gen in the hopes of a huge payout. I think Gaia has realized this and is attempting to milk it until the site loses a substantial portion of the userbase.

I understand it seems hopeless to make gold in other ways. However that is just what Gaia wants you to think.

It is possible to make gold without gold generators, through vending, short term hoards, and selling services like art. Heck, if you wanted to buy GC and make gold then all you have to do is buy something that isn't a Gold Gen and sell that.

The problem is (as you've pointed out) that it takes time and people prefer immediate gratification.

Gaia provides the instant gratification (which really is just a form of gambling and like all gambling you lose far more then you win) and people buy it.

It has been months since we first saw the effects of gold generators so there is no excuse of ignorance. Now if you buy a gold generator you know you're screwing yourself and everyone else over.

I actually haven't been on gaia in a long time so when i found out some items were going for so high, i didn't know all of gaia is inflated. Correct me if I'm wrong, but with the inflation, are other gaians finding other ways to make more money? How did the inflation begin? I've had a gaia account since middle school which is apparently 9-10 years ago and I never faced this...since I was a poor gaian for the first half of it...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff