Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
CatsGame
I've given up on quests before, but I cannot for the life of me remember what the items were so I suppose they were not that important. I successfully completed my Mini Nitemare quest in 04 or 05... and my new quest is completely impossible to finish, but it gives me something to do and I enjoy collecting dolls and finishing a "set" :3

But I feel your pain... all these dolls and their 2Mill+ pricetags. Why artists? gonk why must you put wigs/eyes in rare dolls. Basically why my quest is impossible.

I know, I guess they do that to make the dolls more desirable. I remember when they first made the dolls and that's all they were, dolls. You didn't get any special extras and you couldn't hardly give them away. Now almost any doll with wigs or eyes is always over a millions or two at least. e.o

9,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100
VKiera
CatsGame
I've given up on quests before, but I cannot for the life of me remember what the items were so I suppose they were not that important. I successfully completed my Mini Nitemare quest in 04 or 05... and my new quest is completely impossible to finish, but it gives me something to do and I enjoy collecting dolls and finishing a "set" :3

But I feel your pain... all these dolls and their 2Mill+ pricetags. Why artists? gonk why must you put wigs/eyes in rare dolls. Basically why my quest is impossible.

I know, I guess they do that to make the dolls more desirable. I remember when they first made the dolls and that's all they were, dolls. You didn't get any special extras and you couldn't hardly give them away. Now almost any doll with wigs or eyes is always over a millions or two at least. e.o
I kind of like the original dolls, :3 they are the gaia characters I "grew up" with so to speak. I have 171 dolls... after a year and a half of collecting? I blew a bunch on Brennivin and Kanoko so my big-doll collecting days a pretty much over. I snag a few here-and-there.

Dapper Hunter

7,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
I've never actually quested for anything before the Nitemare Scarf and I haven't considered buying anything over 400k during this quest. I can't imagine not finishing at all. My original dream avi won't be complete until I do....she just feels a bit naked.

Nekimi's Senpai

Friendly Haremite

VKiera
Esdella Vie
The last thing it took me multiple months to get was a staff of the angels, and that was back in late 04. >_>; So, I definitely feel you on not having the patiece to quest for a long time. If I stop questing for something, it's when I feel like I'm not making progress daily. This might just have to do with the way I work towards something, though. (by selling other things to get to it) I don't remember the last thing I gave up on, though.

Hee, I'm kind of glad I wasn't around in the early days when you had to grind so hard to get gold. I'd have been poor forever. Normally when I quest for something I liquefy parts of my inventory and use a little bit of GC to sell cash items and a little zomg on the side. Thus netting me the gold I need quickly, but I've run out of items I'm willing to part with and GC and I've not had much time to play games either.

I have to say it was the making daily progress thing that you said that made me throw in the towel I'd been stuck hovering at about 8 million for awhile now, with nothing left to sell and no time to grind away at games. So... apparently patience is a virtue I do not have. v.v

XD That was the nice thing about Gaia back then, for me. The gold shops and blue/brown giftboxes were all I could have ever wanted, and I was pretty content to run around Barton Town the rest of my time. That staff was the second item I'd really wanted, the first being a kimono, when 10k was a lot.

Haha, I think it's fine, you can always try again, after all. If I see something I like that I just can't get right away, I buy something else I liked, with the intent of selling as soon as possible it if that first item should suddenly drop.
I made and gave up my HoTD quest several times before saying enough was enough, I was going to get them.

I'm thinking about questing again. But meh. I can't decide what item.

Tory Salazar's Partner

Anxious Prophet

I think the only thing I couldn't possibly even gauge a time on is the Kithulu since there's so few of them. Placing a price on it to work up to is iffy.

Sexy Glitch

A year+ ago I changed my panda hat quest (I still looove them) to a DJs quest, simply because I believe that I will wear them more. I'm almost there, too. :3

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Genea
A year+ ago I changed my panda hat quest (I still looove them) to a DJs quest, simply because I believe that I will wear them more. I'm almost there, too. :3

I applaud your patience and determination. Both of which I seem to completely lack. xd Good luck to you!

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I just don't quest cool

Problem solved.

Shy Warrior

User Image
Technically, I not the best to answer this....since I haven't done a quest in a number of years (golden laurels in '0 cool .
But I gave some consideration to the DT two years ago. Decided it was too expensive and brown and....honestly, what sort of mermaid has a DT?

At the moment I sort of want to quest Lucky. I've been happy with Coal Sprite for a number of years (perfect kitten size yo). I estimate that by how I quest, I could have Lucky in a 1and a 1/2 years.

..... gonk

I can see why people give up. Patience is hard ;__;.
Hope you do decide to go after the eyes you wanted though.

Sexy Glitch

VKiera
Genea

I applaud your patience and determination. Both of which I seem to completely lack. xd Good luck to you!
Thanks, I just checked the date I started the quest - almost four years ago! xD

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
yeah.. I've given up on quests before.
I gave up on titus after ears of trying, it came down to an affordable price and i got it.

it's easier for me to quest these days.

i gave up on getting a Lovely Lucie until it came out in the cash shop and i nabbed it

Rare

I usually give up because I'm terrible at making gold, and I end up wanting to buy other things. I don't quest things unless I'm serious about it, so that means selling off most of my items and not buying anything until I finish my quest. That's hard enough as it is, and when you throw in my impatience it makes questing nearly impossible.

In a relationship with a fictitious character

Monster Lover

I gave up trying to get the Kanoko Doll.
It just keeps jumping around and it's hard to find a considerate Gaian in the Exchange.

Also it's a lot of gold just for hair I like.

Obsessive Werewolf

I usually only quest for items under 1.5mil, so they don't take me long at all. The last one that I seriously quested for was Midnight Rainbow, and I got that in a bout 3 days from doing gcash offers and selling things in the MP.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff