Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Hunter

11,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
I've been questing on a certain '03 item for 4 years now xD. I've already given up on the quest and went for something around the amount I had at that time, but then I tend to start over and go for it again X-X. It's tempting to do it again as I speak (type).

Cluttered Fatcat

9,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
I don't give up on my quests...I just put them off for an extremely long period of time. xD

Seriously though, I go back to my quests at some point.

Amorous Paladin

14,400 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Battle Hardened 150
Prices have been getting ridiculous, especially with longer, split skirts, rigs that are nearly impossible to win, and brunette hair that looks good. I quested Lovely Lucie for a while. I thought I could get it playing the rig and lost almost every bit of what I had saved for it. If it's too expensive nowadays I just make an avi edit or a tektek, and put it in my sig. Tektek usually doesn't steer me wrong.
I quit either because I get bored of not buying things, or I buy something and blow my money all willy-nilly xD
But not this time D:<
I will get that compass!
[I need those anklets ;_;]

Invisible Genius

7,800 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
I've only quested once. I ended up abandoning Gaia for a while and completely forgot about it. I imagine my old quest thread is lost in Limbo.

Desirable Cutesmasher

Nightmare Mini Wings... crying

I joined the site the month they were released and already, they were 400k. (Back then, it might as well have been a million.) I made two mistakes. I asked my mother for the card instead of either swiping or exchanging something for the money, and 2) because I was a n00b at the time, I decided less expensive shinies were more important. -.-;

It also didn't help that people would rather buy "breedable/changing" pets, than donate to a users cause. I knew I was pretty much doomed when they went from 12 to 24 Million, literally over night. Now they're 240-500Mill. -.-;

Blessed Wolf

User ImageShoot for the moon...
i try to save.....but then i spend it on a beautiful new item >o> those last two monthly collectibles killed me...........i almost had 900k......but now i have 700k ; ~;
i'll get siku soon >:O ill never give up!

Even if you miss you'll land among the stars...User Image

Coffee Lass's Kouhai

Pal

User Image
I was actually pretty close to achieving Pale Marionette when it was new... Then the prices jumped... And jumped... And jumped some more... By then I was well past done with even trying.
Ended up buying Pink Marionette as a substitute and sold it a few weeks later. To me it was just a soar reminder of what I can never achieve. emotion_donotwant

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Junge Leiche
Nightmare Mini Wings... crying

I joined the site the month they were released and already, they were 400k. (Back then, it might as well have been a million.) I made two mistakes. I asked my mother for the card instead of either swiping or exchanging something for the money, and 2) because I was a n00b at the time, I decided less expensive shinies were more important. -.-;

It also didn't help that people would rather buy "breedable/changing" pets, than donate to a users cause. I knew I was pretty much doomed when they went from 12 to 24 Million, literally over night. Now they're 240-500Mill. -.-;

Bloody Hel...I don't even >.< 240 million? That's just no...who really has that much gold, who? No one in their right might has that much gold. scream

Angelic Healer

I quested my butt off last year to get an Angelic Sash. After finally buying one, I have only wore it maybe twice. I for one cannot make a decent enough avi, female or male, that matches with the sash. Right now it is just gathering dust.

Hallowed Cultist

24,025 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I know how you feel. I’ve given up on a lot of quests but I’ve found that the items I give up on I didn’t really like anyway. I guess I fell victim to the “New shiny” syndrome that the RIGs induce so well. When the price gets to the point were you realize that you could sell every item that you own and still not have enough I think that would be the time to throw in the proverbial towel. I restarted my Jet kitten star quest a few months ago and I’m half way there XD Hopefully the price will drop more or at lest not rise again because I was so discouraged when it was at 30 million in the MP.

Angelic Healer

Miss Janie Doe
I know how you feel. I’ve given up on a lot of quests but I’ve found that the items I give up on I didn’t really like anyway. I guess I fell victim to the “New shiny” syndrome that the RIGs induce so well. When the price gets to the point were you realize that you could sell every item that you own and still not have enough I think that would be the time to throw in the proverbial towel. I restarted my Jet kitten star quest a few months ago and I’m half way there XD Hopefully the price will drop more or at lest not rise again because I was so discouraged when it was at 30 million in the MP.
Oh wow I remember when it was 50 mil when it first came out. That is a huge drop!

Hallowed Cultist

24,025 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Parexus
Oh wow I remember when it was 50 mil when it first came out. That is a huge drop!
I know. I always figure that RIG pet prices drop after a few months but now Jet is down to 18.5 mill. Yay for me heart

Angelic Healer

Miss Janie Doe
Parexus
I know. I always figure that RIG pet prices drop after a few months but now Jet is down to 18.5 mill. Yay for me heart
I hope they stay down, I plan on picking one up after I purchase 5 Zodiacals (I really love Pisces outfit @_@). Luckily not many people are destroying them for Aurora Kitten Star.
Pale Marionette, lawl.

I was about halfway there through lots and lots of vending, exchanging lather rinse repeat, but I took a hiatus from Gaia right in the middle (so much apaaaaathy towards the site then) and when I came back, I shrugged, rebought everything I'd sold for capital, and then still had enough for a few quest items and my wanklets (which had been on my wishlist for years) to boot.

I don't really regret it. =u= For me, if there's a better alternative or if the item isn't worth the time being invested in acquiring it, I'd much rather get something smaller.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff