Welcome to Gaia! ::

WOOPWOOPWOOP!

I have three threads on page one, might as well add a fourth. biggrin

When you make threads, do you generally make them long and complicated, or short and to the point? Do you get a lot of replies on your threads, or do they die within a matter of minutes?

Do you get a lot of good ideas for your threads?

Are you flamed for the 'good ideas' in your threads?

Where do you generally make threads? GCD....ED....the infamous chatterbox? Have you ever gotten a thread to survive more than ten seconds in the chatterbox?

What are your threads generally about?

If you're too too lazy to read through my disgusting litany of questions, I shall sum it up for you:

Discuss thread making.

7,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I never make threads. ^_^; I'd expect they'd die off quickly, though. xD
Edit: And four topics! Yeah, baby! xD;
The Satah
I never make threads. ^_^; I'd expect they'd die off quickly, though. xD
Edit: And four topics! Yeah, baby! xD;

That's basically all I do. XD. Don't post too much, but make good topics. And people keep reviving my old threads @.@

Ice Heart's Queen

I rarely make threads actually. The past week I think I made 3 which is a huge amount for me. But I dont really of the length of my post as small or large, I just try to say all I need to say without too much repitition. So becauase I rarely make threads I dont think I can discribe anything they are about other then relavant to the forum I post in(normally AT, GCD, GaiaHomes) I definitely stick to an area.

Um my threads I make tend to get responses slowly. Dont know why...
Only made one or two threads.. I don't fight to keep them going. If people aren't interested enough to post, then I let it die.
I mostly make topics in the Wanted subforum of the Exchange.

I usually don't make threads even though I think I have good ideas, I can't express them clearly. Nor do I post very often for that reason.

7,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
I don't really make threads. No smiffy ideas. =] But, they're usually somewhat long, yet simple.

Mine usually die pretty quick. xp Even if they're spam threads. I don't have the patience to bump.

No, not really. =D

NO ONE DARES TO FLAME LULU, PIRATE ZOMBIE QUEEN OF SPAIN. Er...Even if they did, I'd ignore them. I can barely contain the monster, and I don't want to accidently let it out. mrgreen

As said before, I don't usually make threads. My threads survive a little while in the Chatterbox, mostly due to the fact they have to do with spam and that I'm a zombie.

Crazy stuff. All sorts of crazy stuff.
I don't make threads too often... usually just 'cuz I usually don't have anything relevant to say... sweatdrop

When I do though, it's usually because I'm looking for some information. Maybe I'm asking a question about Gaia or life or the world in general... whatever it is, it's something I need feedback on...

Otherwise, I just lurk...

As for where I post, usually just where the thread is relevant. Where I lurk is usually GCD and ED, though...

-S@m
I think there already have been a couple threads made for this but okay.

When you make threads, do you generally make them long and complicated, or short and to the point?
I like to make my threads organized and somewhat complicated (if you would call it that) to completely inform you on what I'm making a thread for.

Do you get a lot of replies on your threads, or do they die within a matter of minutes?
Well, it was months on gaia before I any of the threads I made past a page (I blame the flame clothes) but recently they will go somewhere around 4 pages.

Absolutely, many people have amazing ideas on how something happens or how something should be changed in my threads.

Well, I'm flamed a bunch but only a couple times for generally accepted good ideas that I had made (spencer...).

Where do you generally make threads? GCD....ED....the infamous chatterbox?
Well, I really don't make many threads but lately the ones I've made have been in the GCD.

Have you ever gotten a thread to survive more than ten seconds in the chatterbox?
Actually, I don't thinki I've ever made a thread in there. I try to avoid that place. Although, they did really clean it up.

My threads are mainly about how overly made threads that show aren't possible or, at least, have many flaws.

O.G. Gaian

My threads are short and to the point, usually because I am squeezed for time due to work and Swim Team 3nodding
When I make a thread, I put a lot of time and thought into it. I want to make sure I have an interesting subject, and make it when I know I have time to respond to everything.

I like well developed, and usually that means longer, but not always, threads. It provides more of a basis for discussion, and it makes me feel like I got my point across. I like to get a lot of replies in my threads, or at least 4-5+ pages so I can still call it a discussion. confused If a thread is just posting and posting, but no discussion involved, I don't see the point. I'm not the kind to just make a thread, and let it die off fast. I devote myself to a thread for as long as I can. Making multiple threads, seems kind of spammish. *shrug*

I make threads in GCD and R&C. XD Don't really like to post all that much anywhere else. ^^; My threads are usually about issues regarding Gaia's forums, and the nature of the people in them, which is a subject that highly interests me.

I'm horrible at making topics. Mine never fly. So I just don't make them. This topic was made before though, I remember it well... well I don't, but I know it did exist!

Mine are generally short because I forget what I'm typing and give up.
When you make threads, do you generally make them long and complicated, or short and to the point? Do you get a lot of replies on your threads, or do they die within a matter of minutes?
I generally make them to the point, unless I'm feeling poetic. I tend to get a goodly amount of responses, then let it die with honor.

Not usually.

No, I haven't been flamed for my ideas yet. It's only a matter of time, though. Only a matter of time.

Where do you generally make threads? GCD....ED....the infamous chatterbox? Have you ever gotten a thread to survive more than ten seconds in the chatterbox?
I very rarely make threads, but overall, I've probably made the most threads in Avatar Talk, then Art Freebies. I've only made one topic in this forum, and it seems to be thriving. And I've never made a thread in the chatterbox...never.

Ice Heart's Queen

Nyome
I like to get a lot of replies in my threads, or at least 4-5+ pages so I can still call it a discussion. confused If a thread is just posting and posting, but no discussion involved, I don't see the point.
Yeah I like it when people will read through and comment on other user's posts and add their own input. I dont expect every post to be a critique of someone else but it is a nice bonus. 3nodding

Shirtless Lunatic

I've only ever made a few threads, and they do tend to be long and complex when I do. The only ones that aren't are threads in the Exchange when I sell an item or in the Q&A when my question is simple enough.

I did get flamed for my Be Nice Bible, which you are a member of, methinks. People said I was trying to spread Christianity on Gaia. What a load of horse s**t.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff