Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sugary Heart

A lot of old hair doesn't work with the Brow Basics and other eyebrow mods, which sucks because I love my thick manly eyebrows. Some are only missing a few pixels and probably wouldn't be noticed by the average Gaian, but others... gonk
User Image

Magical Girl

22,575 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
zen and rei
A lot of old hair doesn't work with the Brow Basics and other eyebrow mods, which sucks because I love my thick manly eyebrows. Some are only missing a few pixels and probably wouldn't be noticed by the average Gaian, but others... gonk
User Image
I have to deal with this ALL THE TIME
You never notice how many hairstyles have funky bang length till you try to find a bang-less one

CrackedJewel's Fangirl

Naughty Nerd

User Image
what the ******** is this

User Image
whAT?

These two are just so bad i cant even

Sugary Heart

DYRL
zen and rei
User Image
I have to deal with this ALL THE TIME
You never notice how many hairstyles have funky bang length till you try to find a bang-less one

Mhmm. The hairline is either too low, too high, or at some wonky angle that means you have to hide it behind a pair of bangs. emo

Also my favorite items, the Hooded Fighter and recolors, don't even work with themselves.
User Image
Look at that clipping. LOOK AT IT. And they purposely hid it in the announcement for the original and STILL haven't fixed it. smh

Anxious Werewolf

16,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • The Wolf Within 100
I used to use a dark base but after six months I had to give up..
So many facemods I couldn't use! It's tough to find what works and what doesn't.
At least Gaia is putting in all 6 skin tones when items have arm mods.

I've found using *blank* Adorkable Bea or Matsuriko no *blank* mouths with face mods gets rid of the mouth.
Then you can salvage those nice eyes attached to horrible mouths emotion_awesome
Flutter Fox
So many facemods I couldn't use! It's tough to find what works and what doesn't.

I've found using *blank* Adorkable Bea or Matsuriko no *blank* mouths with face mods gets rid of the mouth.
Then you can salvage those nice eyes attached to horrible mouths emotion_awesome

It's times like this I wish my rad punk wardrobe featured some warmer clothes.
Flutter Fox

If only I could use my sick biceps to kick Global Warming up a few notches, this ice would be no match for our combined hotness.

Skylex Nevaeh's Husband

Shirtless Demon

17,050 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I cannot use many mouth or faces mods because I have beautiful dark skin. Oh woe is me. It often looks like my guy is wearing lip gloss most of the time because of the stray pixeling. I can't even use some body modifications because they don't match my lovely shade of skin. ;(

Shy Gaian

I use to have the darker tan base before I went with my current... But I couldn't stand how some of the items looked on the darker color!!!!
Maybe I should play around with it again, potions don't cost that much. My biggest deal is the lips. Hell, even on this skin those Gaia-sama lip recolors half of them don't look good at all! Only the red and the lighter red do. The pink? Yeah right. Looks like a 3 year old got a hold of mommy's make up. talk2hand

Timid Hellraiser

12,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Pie Scarface 150
Yikes. I was about to drop some gold on Pink Diamond too.

I switch to a lighter base for character reasons but also just to see what the Simmering Remorse mouths look like because on the darker (D to E) bases I usually use, it's completely invisible and frustrating since my main reason for buying certain items are the mouths and I'd like to be able to use them on my brown bases just as much as the pale ones.

The Little Lucie and many of it's recolors that offer the full face makeup also make dark bases look like they using the entirely wrong foundation. sweatdrop

Nekimi's Senpai

Friendly Haremite

DYRL
Esdella Vie
The one in Cassiopeia Cutie gets me all the time.
That one literally only looks good on tone A and nothing else
Have Some Manners has kinda the same problem with it's "Hey Baby" pose. It's like the blush drowns out the mouth and makes it looks sticky.

Speaking of drowned out mouths, I can't count the times where the eye part of a mod is perfect but mouth totally fads.

Pirate Rouge is a godsend for that

Eww. rofl That's why any manners item I end up with, I usually sell after a little while. Another user pointed this out, but a few mouth poses will knock off the lips of a full face mod. The only thing is, you can't have any mouth then, not even the default ones. I just remembered two others. Sweet like Rose makes me sad. I'd love those lips, if the face wasn't covered in powder as well. The face mod for the Arc doll has these weird light splotches that carry over to the recolors, even if it's just the eyes.

Devoted Seeker

22,775 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
Oh you don't know true rage 'til you discover that the excellent face/eye mod you've had your eye on doesn't work on your vampire skin because the eyes somehow layer UNDERNEATH your default eyes! I swear, I've seen this stupidity enough to amass a good-sized list.

A Pup

.~[Misty.Muffin]~.
User Image
what the ******** is this

User Image
whAT?

These two are just so bad i cant even

'scuse you. >:V
That "Son of --" face is faboo. In my opinion for some reason. I don't know why but I just like it for my lil ghost babbeh.
But that second face...I have nothing to say to it. That is pretty ugly to be honest.

Dangerous Nerd

21,750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Forum Regular 100
MarySueShelley
Oh you don't know true rage 'til you discover that the excellent face/eye mod you've had your eye on doesn't work on your vampire skin because the eyes somehow layer UNDERNEATH your default eyes! I swear, I've seen this stupidity enough to amass a good-sized list.

Also, because the vampire mouth and nose are different, only a few of the mouth mods work.

Namius's Queen

OG Gaian

63,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ghost Hunter 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
Skin tone D is notorious for looking AWFUL with mouth mods. Pretty much anything light or pastel looks like poop.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff