Welcome to Gaia! ::

Malevolent Kitten

22,925 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Nerd 50
The eyes from 7 day love. (And all the recolors).

They work great for crazy yandere eyes but still. O.O

That saytar with no butt takes the prize though.

Modern Mecha

Shrimp_Man
I am the embodiment of fear and evil

How about the fact that any winking eye mod layers right in the middle of the grombie's eyes giving the impression that we're wearing heavy eyeliner/mascara if we're lucky. I'll post an example in a bit since I'm eating dinner right this sec.

User Image

of the House of Demonic Dreams

It looks like someone socked that poor dude in the eye.

I want to add onto how jank the Astra eyes an be, because they layer over everything when you try to use the animations.

I guess it was hard to not get them to do that, but it still kinda drives me up the wall.

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Russell Ace: Super Handsome Cards Dealer 500
Delosia
Shrimp_Man

How about the fact that any winking eye mod layers right in the middle of the grombie's eyes giving the impression that we're wearing heavy eyeliner/mascara if we're lucky. I'll post an example in a bit since I'm eating dinner right this sec.

User Image

It looks like someone socked that poor dude in the eye.

I want to add onto how jank the Astra eyes an be, because they layer over everything when you try to use the animations.

I guess it was hard to not get them to do that, but it still kinda drives me up the wall.

It's really bad because it's not just the astra winks that do it. Any eye mod that has a wink to it does it, including the Striking Thief's eye mod which is actually one of my favorite set of eyes on the site. But because there's that hidden mod in the eyes, I can't use it unless I'm using a skin.

Well that's kind of the burden of an astra, they can either layer behind everything or above everything.

Demonic Lover

OH I HAVE SOMETHING FOR THIS THREAD!
One of my Vivi's key items are her red glasses, and sadly both of the ones I've loved the most (composer and now the megane face in a manner) come with eyes :C and sadly the ones I adore (the new megane ones) also come with a mouth DX my Vivi can't wink or have sleepy eyes or anything with her glasses u 3u or the old eyes will pop up...

I honestly wish I could just have the megane glasses by themselves DX but in the crazy possibility that I get a ticket for a custom item I don't think I could just request that u 3u it would feel like a waste...

Gracious Muse

16,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100

♀ Does my sexiness upset you?
♀ Does it come as a surprise
♀ That I dance like I've got diamonds
♀ At the meeting of my thighs?

This exact reason is what prevents me from using Vera's face in Paramour's Break more often! It's a cute mod but the lips do NOT translate well on dark skin.

Some other pretty laughable mods are Brother of Virtue eyes and La Belle Chanteuse makeup (and it's recolor).

gaia_diamond gaia_diamond gaia_diamond

Nekimi's Senpai

Friendly Haremite

The one in Cassiopeia Cutie gets me all the time.

Dulcet Nymph

18,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Team Rina 200
The lips on the Lady (Insert luck related word here) items make me cringe. As do most full face mods...
Luckily, the la belle chanteuse makeup fixes all these woes at the drop of a hat. I never have to put up with "The eyes on this item are great, but the lips make me vomit" again.
But then, I hear the makeup doesn't work that great for darker skin tones... Which sucks hardcore, I feel terrible for everyone who can't benefit from the glory that is the makeup.

Demonic Lover

Eurydice Evyn
The lips on the Lady (Insert luck related word here) items make me cringe. As do most full face mods...
Luckily, the la belle chanteuse makeup fixes all these woes at the drop of a hat. I never have to put up with "The eyes on this item are great, but the lips make me vomit" again.
But then, I hear the makeup doesn't work that great for darker skin tones... Which sucks hardcore, I feel terrible for everyone who can't benefit from the glory that is the makeup.
I love the lips in those Belle items, but I hate the eyeshadow uo u; the coral lips are beautiful but the navy eyeshadow?, ew no thank you.

fxxkin demon

Due to the nature of his missing eye mod, Sal can't use any eyes that come with eyebrows otherwise he ends up losing an eyebrow. Also a weird line appears on his chin.

User Image

I've also given up on using any of the Manners or Styles with him. His nose disappears when I use them. However I have found that they do work nicely with the Pick your Nose item. Sal's apprentice wears them from time to time, depending on the particular face. They are another set of items that seem to be hit or miss with darker skin tones.

Supreme Lunatic

Vega's Love lips on a dark base looks like your avatar has either kissed something hot or has been stung by a bee.
Razorblade Bandit
Vega's Love lips on a dark base looks like your avatar has either kissed something hot or has been stung by a bee.

Magical Girl

22,575 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
Esdella Vie
The one in Cassiopeia Cutie gets me all the time.
That one literally only looks good on tone A and nothing else
Have Some Manners has kinda the same problem with it's "Hey Baby" pose. It's like the blush drowns out the mouth and makes it looks sticky.

Speaking of drowned out mouths, I can't count the times where the eye part of a mod is perfect but mouth totally fads.

Pirate Rouge is a godsend for that

Magical Girl

22,575 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
[NPC] Liam
Razorblade Bandit
Glad you agree Liam! rofl Ever kiss a bee before?

Mikey's Rizzler

Egg

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

wow, that's cute lol
love your avi btw 4laugh

DYRL
[NPC] Liam
Razorblade Bandit
Glad you agree Liam! rofl Ever kiss a bee before?

It's times like this I wish my rad punk wardrobe featured some warmer clothes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff