Nothing wrong with the feature once someone threatens to come find you

Shameless Exhibitionist

12,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Pieversity 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Metroid Dread
whats wrong with gore trolls, fascist?

There is a time and a place for everything, comrade. Gaia is not the place, though. They have that pesky TOS and whatnot.

If somebody was threatening to come find me, I wouldn't be satisfied with just ignoring them; I'd want to report them, make sure they were banned, and make sure they couldn't try to hurt me or anybody else.

Dapper Dabbler

7,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
Lemonade-Skittles
Metroid Dread

There is a time and a place for everything, comrade. Gaia is not the place, though. They have that pesky TOS and whatnot.

If somebody was threatening to come find me, I wouldn't be satisfied with just ignoring them; I'd want to report them, make sure they were banned, and make sure they couldn't try to hurt me or anybody else.

that sounds less like a gore troll and more like a stalker

Shameless Exhibitionist

12,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Pieversity 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Metroid Dread
Lemonade-Skittles
Metroid Dread

that sounds less like a gore troll and more like a stalker

Sorry, forgot to go back and quote the person I was responding to with the second part, but I was replying to the person who posted after you.. =w=

Romantic Werewolf

15,950 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Threadmaster 200
I ignore people I find deeply obnoxious, and it's very nice - it allows me to see the SF site without wanting to kick a puppy (generally). I haven't noticed any difference between old system and new, though I guess now people I've ignored know about it. lol

Now if only we could get the option to add in a short message to both friends AND the ignore list...

Dedicated Consumer

8,550 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200
AloysiusWeasley
I ignore people I find deeply obnoxious, and it's very nice - it allows me to see the SF site without wanting to kick a puppy (generally). I haven't noticed any difference between old system and new, though I guess now people I've ignored know about it. lol

Now if only we could get the option to add in a short message to both friends AND the ignore list...

For more flame wars in the short message. Have fun emo

Romantic Werewolf

15,950 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Threadmaster 200
Pia Austin
AloysiusWeasley

No no no, I mean when we add a friend or ignored, put in a short message viewable only to ourselves to say where we met that person or w/e. That's the only feature I need for the ignored list (which of course we didn't get). I'd add fun things, like "this user needs to be lit on fire" or "worst crewmate ever, zOMG", or "take this one off ignore and watch your blood pressure go up 20 points."

Dedicated Consumer

8,550 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200
AloysiusWeasley
Pia Austin
AloysiusWeasley

No no no, I mean when we add a friend or ignored, put in a short message viewable only to ourselves to say where we met that person or w/e. That's the only feature I need for the ignored list (which of course we didn't get). I'd add fun things, like "this user needs to be lit on fire" or "worst crewmate ever, zOMG", or "take this one off ignore and watch your blood pressure go up 20 points."

eek I know I few people I'd love to do that to. Especially the "I'm going to ***** find you" user, Eternal Marionette, who I'm sure is still on gaia even after threatening me.

In a relationship with Sappho herself

Shoujo Scout

25,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Friendly 100
jettisoned corpse
Disarming North Korea
I've started to have to use the ignore feature because some (only a few, but enough to piss me off) put shock pictures in their signatures. They may find having a mash-up picture of Jeff the Killer/Smile Dog in their signature hilarious. I find it terrifying and another reason for me to have to go find mind bleach.

so, um, yeah.
/shrug

I haven't done it myself, but from what other users have made mention in the past, you can Adblock people's signatures if they are a bother to you, if you don't necessarily want to ignore a user just because of an obnoxious signature.

i don't have adblock access on the majority of computers i'm on (library, school, ds) and just find it easier. : i know it's kind of a hard-a** thing, but i'm sick of it

Saint Sweetheart

I don't use the feature much, I have a total of three people over 9 years. Two were for harassment and the other was a person I generally found so deeply unpleasant and irritating to be around that I figured "why should I do this to myself?"

Whatever reason another person thinks is silly doesn't matter. People don't have to be subjected to crap they don't want to deal with on an internet site. I don't like the attitude like "you can't shelter yourself from the real world." This is an entertainment website. When there are so many assholes out there, why should we deal with them here?

Besides, on this site I can't also speak my mind like I would to said unpleasant people because of flaming rules. :v

Lonely Fairy

13,925 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
I have a lot of people on my ignore list, but aside from random people in flash spaces that are spamming, they're all people that have harassed me and wouldn't leave me alone after I stopped talking to them.
Actually, there's an entire page of this whole group of people that were bugging me all at once.
They were farming in zomg(no surprise there, right?) and I accidentally hit fire rain, and the leader started throwing a fit because we were "stealing kills" and kept bitching at my friend and I to stop, even though I'd only done it once and not a single time after that. I got fed up with them and went down away from where they were, only to see about 7 or 8 people shouting my username telling me they "hoped I had fun getting STDs" from my friend(who you know, happens to be my best friend of 8 years IRL). This then prompted several people to start calling me a slut. Like, okay say what you want about me, but do in private, don't drag a million people in that don't know anything about what's going on. I probably overreacted but that made me so mad that I blocked everyone, reported them all, and I didn't even go to that server for a few days. Like, it made me that pissed. Hell, I didn't even get on zOMG very much after that.

And then I have a few people on there for sending me messages with sexual remarks that would keep sending them even if I didn't reply.

But yes, there's my boring story to how I use my ignore function.

Sparkly Gekko

14,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Love Machine 150
  • Elocutionist 200
Love Walks In
I have a lot of people on my ignore list, but aside from random people in flash spaces that are spamming, they're all people that have harassed me and wouldn't leave me alone after I stopped talking to them.
Actually, there's an entire page of this whole group of people that were bugging me all at once.
They were farming in zomg(no surprise there, right?) and I accidentally hit fire rain, and the leader started throwing a fit because we were "stealing kills" and kept bitching at my friend and I to stop, even though I'd only done it once and not a single time after that. I got fed up with them and went down away from where they were, only to see about 7 or 8 people shouting my username telling me they "hoped I had fun getting STDs" from my friend(who you know, happens to be my best friend of 8 years IRL). This then prompted several people to start calling me a slut. Like, okay say what you want about me, but do in private, don't drag a million people in that don't know anything about what's going on. I probably overreacted but that made me so mad that I blocked everyone, reported them all, and I didn't even go to that server for a few days. Like, it made me that pissed. Hell, I didn't even get on zOMG very much after that.

And then I have a few people on there for sending me messages with sexual remarks that would keep sending them even if I didn't reply.

But yes, there's my boring story to how I use my ignore function.

-
❝ ❀
Sounds like they were the ones that overreacted
❀❞
-

Destructive Bunny

Best thing about ignore is that in games like zOMG, it stops them from spamming up chat straight away.

I imagine it works similarly in towns/rally/other flash spaces.

PM wise, it great for never having to receive PMs from beggars/scammers/stalkers/etc.

I haven't really used this feature for forums, do you just no longer see the posts of the person you ignored? Can save you time in the future if you put people who consistently post stupid stuff on it I guess.

Witty Rabbit

19,525 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
how is the person that is put on the ignore list effected?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff