Welcome to Gaia! ::

Time-traveling Senshi

anadentone
Chibi Halo
          Okay so we over at the Gaia Casimir Alliance have been discussing things and some of us (read more like two of us at this point in the night really) got to thinking that Nicolae having possession of the letter after the crash was no mere coincidence. Why go through having Gaia hold on to the letter for months just for that to be a huge red herring? Was Nicolate having the letter just him being who he is or did he pull a switch on us and Troll us all?

dude emotion_0A0 mind blown

what if nicu has the real letter and it gave like passwords or safe numbers to the gambino billions emotion_awesome
or some alchemy code to bring back the dead emotion_0A0

I don't know about Alchemy codes but something seems off, even if it was in character, about how short that letter was. I mean the letter was in Gino's journal that was tucked into his shirt as we saw back on page 18. Gino, Edmund, and Marius pull Nicolae and Crescento up by the rope back on page 15. Other than the moment Nicolae is all "Go Team" back on page 5 there's no other time when he's that close to Gino to make the switch. That moment when Nicolae is helped back onto the ship by the three of them is really the only time that it could have been done. Because I don't buy the whole notion of the letter falling out of the journal during the ship's descent and Nicolae simply picking it up because of the wax seal. And going back to the last pages of Fallen I'm beginning to wonder who made the letter look more important than it was? Why did Gaia take the time to dress up a letter that wasn't even placed in an envelope to begin with?

The last words Johnny ever spoke were "Gino ...I'm sorry." That to me doesn't sound like a man who wanted to prank his son as he lay dying. And even when you read the part where he actually crawls to the paper and pen it looks like reaper's changed the impact of the letter because it's missing the whole apology from Johnny. That's why I wonder about that whole letter not being truly what he wrote. The apology as he lay dying that may have been spoken or written more than made up for the crap Johnny did to Gino his whole life. Now it looks like he was never sorry for what he did. The two scenes appear to contradict each other.

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
OH MEIN GOTT!!! I loved it~!
I backtracked on The Masque arc while waiting for the update.

In Johnny K's first interview, and coincidentally, the first thing posted in the newsroom, he mentions that he will only be known for doing one thing: Raising Gino Gambion, the greatest man ever.

I can't wait to see if he's right~! >w<

I honestly liked Masque Gino even though that was him fused with his father. I hope he's able to seriously man up without having to fuse with his father and shiz~ heart

Rainbow Lover

22,625 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Chibi Halo
anadentone
Chibi Halo
          Okay so we over at the Gaia Casimir Alliance have been discussing things and some of us (read more like two of us at this point in the night really) got to thinking that Nicolae having possession of the letter after the crash was no mere coincidence. Why go through having Gaia hold on to the letter for months just for that to be a huge red herring? Was Nicolate having the letter just him being who he is or did he pull a switch on us and Troll us all?

what if nicu has the real letter and it gave like passwords or safe numbers to the gambino billions emotion_awesome

I don't know about Alchemy codes but something seems off, even if it was in character, about how short that letter was. I mean the letter was in Gino's journal that was tucked into his shirt as we saw back on page 18. Gino, Edmund, and Marius pull Nicolae and Crescento up by the rope back on page 15. Other than the moment Nicolae is all "Go Team" back on page 5 there's no other time when he's that close to Gino to make the switch. That moment when Nicolae is helped back onto the ship by the three of them is really the only time that it could have been done. Because I don't buy the whole notion of the letter falling out of the journal during the ship's descent and Nicolae simply picking it up because of the wax seal. And going back to the last pages of Fallen I'm beginning to wonder who made the letter look more important than it was? Why did Gaia take the time to dress up a letter that wasn't even placed in an envelope to begin with?

The last words Johnny ever spoke were "Gino ...I'm sorry." That to me doesn't sound like a man who wanted to prank his son as he lay dying. And even when you read the part where he actually crawls to the paper and pen it looks like reaper's changed the impact of the letter because it's missing the whole apology from Johnny. That's why I wonder about that whole letter not being truly what he wrote. The apology as he lay dying that may have been spoken or written more than made up for the crap Johnny did to Gino his whole life. Now it looks like he was never sorry for what he did. The two scenes appear to contradict each other.

ya know now that you said it, I wonder if reapersun ever read fallen . The last scene shows johnny dying on his stomach but in fallen he died propped up against the wall- right O.o

this better not be some dream s**t emotion_donotwant

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

Nanzzy-chan
”We're going off tonight to kick out every light; take anything we want, drink everything in sight
We're going till the world stops turning while we burn it to the ground tonight”

Blagh xD I always thought the relationship between Olivia and Leon was kinda cute~ c:
http://zomg.wikia.com/wiki/Olivia

Baha, fair enough, though it may yet evolve into something more terrifying, even if he himself isn't really evil per se emotion_awesome

User Image

Aww, it sounds like it was! heart

It probably will. Watch the laugh turn out to be the secret to defeating Nyx.

Chibi Halo

That's a distinct possibility, and entirely possible given Nicolae's character. I do think the letter's content was in character for the elder Gambino, though, as he was a troll. I have a feeling that there's something else important about the letter (whether it's the wrong one because it got switched out, or it was penned on paper that has something else important on it).

Ruthless Hunter

75,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
Salathielly

”We're going off tonight to kick out every light; take anything we want, drink everything in sight
We're going till the world stops turning while we burn it to the ground tonight”

Right? >u< <3

Bahaha, now that's a plot twist I want to see happen rofl

User Image

stukky's Fangirl

Fairy Type

60,050 Points
  • Cute Monster 500
  • Manchurian Candidate 500
  • Budding Witch 250
Chibi Halo

while it's possible he pulled some kind of switch because that's who he is, consider this: anger is a powerful emotion and an excellent motivator.

Perhaps Gambino's apology before he died had to do with how hurtful he realized the letter would be after he wrote it and got it out of his system, so to speak. Also, Gaia has already shown herself to be the kind of utilitarian god/dess who would act unkindly if her actions would cause a greater good. Maybe Gambino's final taunt at his son is going to be the thing that tips him over the edge and unlock powers that lay dormant due to his timid and self-doubting nature.

Excitable Chomper

Just finished reading the latest stuff.
The letter cracked me up; am I evil for laughing at it? "Gino, you're adopted. jk. luv, dad.
It's gold. Classic. Way to make a heart-wrenching letter. rofl

But the writers ain't fooling nobody. emotion_donotwant
We all know there's something deeper behind that message, some sort of meaning that Gino either missed or will be shown later on.
OR, gaia drops a genuine troll on us and proves that Johnny is one shitty father for leaving that kind of a*****e-ish message.

I'm betting on the former, but knowing gaia, any way can go.

Dhaw, Nicolae and Cresento are so sickeningly sweet~
Too bad this isn't a major manga or anime. I'd ship it like a pirate! pirate

I see that people also noticed lots of inconsistencies. It might be errors on the writer's part but meh, who knows, it might turn out reliable to the plot later on.

Time-traveling Senshi

anadentone
Chibi Halo
anadentone
Chibi Halo

ya know now that you said it, I wonder if reapersun ever read fallen . The last scene shows johnny dying on his stomach but in fallen he died propped up against the wall- right O.o

this better not be some dream s**t emotion_donotwant

Considering this whole plot is her baby I would sure hope she remembered what she wrote five years ago. So I wonder what Johnny was apologizing for, the fact that he should have been a better father or the fact that he pranked his son as his last dying words. Something definitely seems off about the whole letter.

Time-traveling Senshi

Salathielly
Nanzzy-chan

Blagh xD I always thought the relationship between Olivia and Leon was kinda cute~ c:
http://zomg.wikia.com/wiki/Olivia

Baha, fair enough, though it may yet evolve into something more terrifying, even if he himself isn't really evil per se emotion_awesome

User Image

Chibi Halo

That's a distinct possibility, and entirely possible given Nicolae's character. I do think the letter's content was in character for the elder Gambino, though, as he was a troll. I have a feeling that there's something else important about the letter (whether it's the wrong one because it got switched out, or it was penned on paper that has something else important on it).

I'm wondering if the latter might be true. Johnny wouldn't just apologize as he lay dying if he was simply making a joke. I get that he wanted to go out with a bang and always be remembered but there has to be more because before he died Johnny told his wife's portrait that he squandered the gift she gave him and he never saw how special Gino really was. He realized before he had a chance to do something about it that Gino was the best heir he could have.

Time-traveling Senshi

Snow Danger
Chibi Halo

while it's possible he pulled some kind of switch because that's who he is, consider this: anger is a powerful emotion and an excellent motivator.

Perhaps Gambino's apology before he died had to do with how hurtful he realized the letter would be after he wrote it and got it out of his system, so to speak. Also, Gaia has already shown herself to be the kind of utilitarian god/dess who would act unkindly if her actions would cause a greater good. Maybe Gambino's final taunt at his son is going to be the thing that tips him over the edge and unlock powers that lay dormant due to his timid and self-doubting nature.

Who knows, outside of reaper, really because it does seem like there's something that both Gino and we the readers aren't seeing with that letter yet.
What even... Okay, so here I was expecting something decent out of the manga regarding the letter. This is just trash. I'm pretty disappointed.

Friendly Abductee

4,025 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Flatterer 200
ayo whats good mrgreen

stukky's Fangirl

Fairy Type

60,050 Points
  • Cute Monster 500
  • Manchurian Candidate 500
  • Budding Witch 250
Chibi Halo
Snow Danger
Chibi Halo

Who knows, outside of reaper, really because it does seem like there's something that both Gino and we the readers aren't seeing with that letter yet.

idk it seems to me based on the current information, if it's true that gino receiving, reading, and understanding the letter are three separate events that this is the case. gino's grown a lot but he's still weak and convinced that he can't possibly live up to his father's shadow

this kind of letter that reminds him how little regard his father has for him shows gino that for all his strengths gambino wasn't a great man, and that it wouldn't be impossible to be better than someone who treated him like that.

being angry and hurt gives gino less cause to think about the things that make him think he's weak and incapable because his mind is occupied with his anger and hurt. all timid people have their breaking points and maybe this last bit of rudeness is gino's, which gaia would understand if she has some omnipotence which would be why she'd know it was important to give him this letter.

Time-traveling Senshi

Snow Danger
Chibi Halo
Snow Danger
Chibi Halo

idk it seems to me based on the current information, if it's true that gino receiving, reading, and understanding the letter are three separate events that this is the case. gino's grown a lot but he's still weak and convinced that he can't possibly live up to his father's shadow

this kind of letter that reminds him how little regard his father has for him shows gino that for all his strengths gambino wasn't a great man, and that it wouldn't be impossible to be better than someone who treated him like that.

being angry and hurt gives gino less cause to think about the things that make him think he's weak and incapable because his mind is occupied with his anger and hurt. all timid people have their breaking points and maybe this last bit of rudeness is gino's, which gaia would understand if she has some omnipotence which would be why she'd know it was important to give him this letter.

It just seems like every time Gino makes progress he takes seven steps backwards.

Lonely Lunatic

14,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

User Image

WAIT...
But if Gino was adopted, then that would mean that killing him wouldn't change anything for Nyx. And it would mean that the real descendant of ambition is somewhere else, and that's who's keeping Nyx from breaking the seal...
DUN DUN DUUUUN!

Lol Jk, but seriously, I think that Nicolae has the real letter. Or maybe Johnny wrote it as a code. You never know.
Either way, this was a twist I wasn't expecting. I wonder what the letter really means? There's no way it was meant to be this unimportant. Maybe they built up that the letter was important so we would all get let down just like Gino when he opened it and it was just a troll. Maybe that's what gaia meant when she said "open it when you're ready". Maybe she knew Gino would be disappointed, so she wanted him to wait until he had moved on from his dad's death so it would actually make him laugh. Johnny's a real jerk if he actually wrote that.
Or maybe he isn't. Maybe he knew his son would be depressed and this was his best try at making him smile one last time. He knew he screwed up, but if he could get his kid to laugh one last time after he was gone, then maybe he'd be forgiven?

Either way, I'm sure the next update will answer these questions. Can't wait!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff