Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

BlackRoseBleeding
Go figure.

Nanzzy-chan
”We're going off tonight to kick out every light; take anything we want, drink everything in sight
We're going till the world stops turning while we burn it to the ground tonight”

Really I'm pretty sure a lot of people saw that one coming from a mile away xd heart

Gaia is like Parental Neglect Central, tbh dramallama

User Image

I feel like I should try to find a healthy parent/child relationship amongst the NPCs. >.>;;

Anybody remember if one exists?

Rainbow Lover

22,625 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
im out of nutella classified_fu

rages with skittles classified_fu

I wonder if this will make gino go batshit and loose his minds

i still wanna know if francos alive crying

Toxic Kitten

Salathielly
BlackRoseBleeding
Go figure.

Nanzzy-chan
”We're going off tonight to kick out every light; take anything we want, drink everything in sight
We're going till the world stops turning while we burn it to the ground tonight”

Really I'm pretty sure a lot of people saw that one coming from a mile away xd heart

User Image

I feel like I should try to find a healthy parent/child relationship amongst the NPCs. >.>;;

Nope.

Rainbow Lover

22,625 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
gaia reminds me of disney- all characters have one known/living parent XD

Ruthless Hunter

75,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
anadentone
wtf that didnt even make sense ... we waited for something spectacular and its classified_fu *rages with nutella and twerking cats*

guess ima have to wait another week emo

To be fair, this does open up the way for Gino to talk about his issues and get it all out of his system and whatnot, and I'm pretty sure he needed that after all this time~
Plus, taking Gambino's trolling out of the equation (and hell, that really was kind of the obvious thing for him to do xD), I actually think Gino's reaction to it is portrayed pretty realistically; he's laughing from the shock, because he's not sure to react, and you can see the moment where it kinda devolves into both anger at his father for what he's done (or hasn't done), but also grief because hey, kid did lose his father and Gino's a sensitive kid so I figure even with the borderline abuse, it still hurt losing him O3o

As much as the first two pages made me laugh like crazy, that last page really sold it for me heart And I think it's an important step for Gino, for his character development, even if the message itself was completely bogus 3nodding

User Image

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

Salathielly
BlackRoseBleeding
Go figure.

Nanzzy-chan

User Image

im sure if devin and lance gets married they're gonna be the most damn mature parents in gaia's universe

and well, logan agatha may be seperated, they are a pretty nice couple, and their family is still despite all, pretty happy

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

anadentone
im out of nutella classified_fu

rages with skittles classified_fu

I wonder if this will make gino go batshit and loose his minds

i still wanna know if francos alive crying

I think Gino's used to his father treating him like crap, sadly. >.>;;

I'm guessing that we won't learn about Franco for some time...that way we can keep guessing, and Gaia can leave their options open concerning his character.

Ruthless Hunter

75,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
Salathielly

Well, Peyo and Ruby is kinda healthy, even if Peyo is pretty desperate to find his dad? I mean, Ruby's a good mom at least~
And there's Agatha and Logan for Mirai but to say that that's healthy... err xD

User Image

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

Nanzzy-chan

To be fair, this does open up the way for Gino to talk about his issues and get it all out of his system and whatnot, and I'm pretty sure he needed that after all this time~
Plus, taking Gambino's trolling out of the equation (and hell, that really was kind of the obvious thing for him to do xD), I actually think Gino's reaction to it is portrayed pretty realistically; he's laughing from the shock, because he's not sure to react, and you can see the moment where it kinda devolves into both anger at his father for what he's done (or hasn't done), but also grief because hey, kid did lose his father and Gino's a sensitive kid so I figure even with the borderline abuse, it still hurt losing him O3o

As much as the first two pages made me laugh like crazy, that last page really sold it for me heart And I think it's an important step for Gino, for his character development, even if the message itself was completely bogus 3nodding

User Image

This is a great summary and pretty much conveys my thoughts. This whole saga is pretty much about Gino coming into his own, moving out of his father's shadow and becoming a mature adult (as rare as that species is on Gaia). He's acknowledging both his father's strengths and weaknesses and coming to terms with the fact that his father isn't there anymore (not that he was often there for him in the first place).

minghii
im sure if devin and lance gets married they're gonna be the most damn mature parents in gaia's universe

and well, logan agatha may be seperated, they are a pretty nice couple, and their family is still despite all, pretty happy

That is sadly very true. xD (On both counts.)

*has a weird mental image of vegan kids who have a strange obsession with packages*

Ruthless Hunter

75,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
Salathielly
This is a great summary and pretty much conveys my thoughts. This whole saga is pretty much about Gino coming into his own, moving out of his father's shadow and becoming a mature adult (as rare as that species is on Gaia). He's acknowledging both his father's strengths and weaknesses and coming to terms with the fact that his father isn't there anymore (not that he was often there for him in the first place).

Exactly 3nodding
Gino's been growing so much already, the fact that he's even acknowledging all of this and recognizing/voicing his father's flaws shows just how far he's come from being that scrawny little kid who was too shy to stand on his own; and hopefully this will help him further move on and find his own identity heart

User Image

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

Nanzzy-chan
Salathielly

Well, Peyo and Ruby is kinda healthy, even if Peyo is pretty desperate to find his dad? I mean, Ruby's a good mom at least~
And there's Agatha and Logan for Mirai but to say that that's healthy... err xD

User Image

That's true...I think (from what we've seen of them) that they have a good relationship. It's just that sadly most of the plot we have concerning Peyo is his obsession with finding his father, which kind of colors my impression.

Agatha and Logan are at least amusing, and Mirai seems to have turned out okay. xD They're more like super quirky parents than bad ones.

Ruthless Hunter

75,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Runway Supermodel 1000

Also can I just say how much I love Sen's little quip there? rofl
Clearly Gino takes after his father in certain ways emotion_awesome

User Image

Celestial Spirit

Well, it's not as though we weren't warned... lol
I'm not even mad - it is true to the character, after all.

Ruthless Hunter

75,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
Salathielly
That's true...I think (from what we've seen of them) that they have a good relationship. It's just that sadly most of the plot we have concerning Peyo is his obsession with finding his father, which kind of colors my impression.

Agatha and Logan are at least amusing, and Mirai seems to have turned out okay. xD They're more like super quirky parents than bad ones.

From the few times they've been shown in the manga/mini comics, especially when Ian came over to visit and such, it seems they're a pretty happy functional family otherwise 3nodding Or like that time Peyo (tried to) make her breakfast in bed for Mother's Day~ xD

True, Mirai doesn't really seem to suffer from their weirdness at least xD

User Image

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

Nanzzy-chan

Exactly 3nodding
Gino's been growing so much already, the fact that he's even acknowledging all of this and recognizing/voicing his father's flaws shows just how far he's come from being that scrawny little kid who was too shy to stand on his own; and hopefully this will help him further move on and find his own identity heart

User Image

I can't wait to see how he develops further (and how the cast around him reacts to that development...should be glorious)!

(And you're right...Sen's reaction was one of my favorite parts. xD)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff