Welcome to Gaia! ::

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
Every month after a RIG comes out I'll save particular items I want from it (with a sellback price) and then work two weeks or so gaining gold and buy them as their prices in the MP reach the sellback value. Usually I wont buy more thank 5k over unless it's been a particularly tough one to pull from the RIG.

Rare

I only buy items I plan on immediately using unless they're cheap or I have cash. Otherwise I just wait until I actually plan on using it and then sell off some things I don't need. If there's something I really want in the cash shop and it's not in a bundle, sometimes I do free offers. I should do those all the time so I can actually have extra cash saved up, but I always get lazy.

Interesting Gaian

7,975 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
[[I am attempting to get Vampire Sound...if it threatens to leave the cash shop before I can afford it...I may have to break out my wallet.]]

Thieving Lunatic

VVhip
Combination of selling and working toward a quest. Mostly selling. I'm really refining down my base style and tend to quest items that fit it. As such, I have a few items I rarely use anymore that I may sell off for larger quests.

I've always wondered if that would make things easier--choosing a specific style or colour scheme and sticking to it. I can never settle on either. sweatdrop

Desirable Prophet

18,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I usually look through the items, put the stuff on my wishlist that look nice and I wouldn't mind having, save up some gold, and hope for the best. Most of the time though, they just stay in my wishlist as a reminder at least (especially if they're really expensive) sweatdrop

However, if it's monk-related, I'll either buy it immediately or quest for it 3nodding

Omnipresent Loiterer

I just don't buy everything I want.

However, I used to do art. One piece could get me near any modern item. Nowadays I don't have the time.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
Zzyli - Zzy as in Xylophone, Li as in leaf

I've actually reached a point where I've mostly weaned myself off the "must have it now" sort of feelings I used to get during my earlier Gaia days (except if the item is rainbow, then I have problems).

Normally if something comes out that I'd like (for instance the newest REI Bundle), I'll have the gold for it, and I just wait until it reaches a good price. With RIG items, that's normally when they hit close to sell-back (depending on how rare/popular the item is), and with other items, it's when I see them at a price which is lower than normal.

I also kind of feel like it's about the journey, not just the destination, so I don't mind if something is going to take me a while to get. I try to make the effort to not be flat-broke after buying things as well, because it's so much easier to save up for something if you're not building up your gold from 1k xd

Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative...

Thieving Lunatic

Zzyli

I've actually reached a point where I've mostly weaned myself off the "must have it now" sort of feelings I used to get during my earlier Gaia days (except if the item is rainbow, then I have problems).

Normally if something comes out that I'd like (for instance the newest REI Bundle), I'll have the gold for it, and I just wait until it reaches a good price. With RIG items, that's normally when they hit close to sell-back (depending on how rare/popular the item is), and with other items, it's when I see them at a price which is lower than normal.

I also kind of feel like it's about the journey, not just the destination, so I don't mind if something is going to take me a while to get. I try to make the effort to not be flat-broke after buying things as well, because it's so much easier to save up for something if you're not building up your gold from 1k xd

It's the opposite for me--I used to ignore most of the updates and I'd wait months to get an item. Now I get so easily distracted by the new items. I suppose it might be because I used to have more diverse interests on Gaia, whereas now I'm mostly focused on avatars.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
Akiralta

It's the opposite for me--I used to ignore most of the updates and I'd wait months to get an item. Now I get so easily distracted by the new items. I suppose it might be because I used to have more diverse interests on Gaia, whereas now I'm mostly focused on avatars.

I think that things like that have a lot to do with it. It's interesting- I find that my friends that I have in flash spaces (mainly ZOMG) tend to have bigger inventories & change a lot more than friends who mainly hang out in the forums.

It's an intriguingly superficial society on Gaia- whether people would admit it or not, I think a lot of our impressions of people are based on what they wear, and to a certain extent, we all feel the need to keep up appearances. I'm pretty sure the only reason I'm not freaking out about buying stuff is that I feel like my invo is already bursting at the seams (though it doesn't mean I don't have room for more stuff xd )

Also, I'd say that the more active I've been, the more I pay attention to updates. When I only occasionally looked at Gaia, new items weren't as much of a big deal as they are now, when I'm always poring over RIG lists in the GCD & reading announcements. It doesn't mean that I want to buy everything, but I do certainly like to stay abreast of new updates, in case there is something that I want to buy. biggrin

When it comes to expensive stuff that I want, I tend to learn more gold through the forums or Zomg. But then again, I don't buy expensive stuff in the first place. It really depends on how much gold I have. I only spend money on affordable stuff that I like, so I can change my avatar frequently as the need arises.

I do buy cash, but it's only for the monthy collectables. Anyway, I tend to use the monthy collectables I get rather than sell them for more cash.

Thieving Lunatic

Zzyli

When I was active on zOMG, it was the opposite--I was much less interested in making outfits and more interested in earning orbs. xd
But I'd agree that Gaia's gotten more and more superficial, or at least more item-centric. You just have to look at the change in the GCD over the past few years to realize how items are the number one conversation topic. And I notice that I'm on Gaia more often because of this, but I spend less time on Gaia when I am on--my interest in Gaia is becoming increasingly superficial too.

Magical Trickster

19,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150

+.♦.+ Diamond Dust +.♦.+

Well, If I'm ever in a quest for an item that I actually want, I would actually go and hunt some trash in towns.

However, I'm kind of lazy to do some questing ever since the Old crumpled Newspaper when down in profit. e_e

-~--~-

Thieving Lunatic

[Shewolf]

+.♦.+ Diamond Dust +.♦.+

Well, If I'm ever in a quest for an item that I actually want, I would actually go and hunt some trash in towns.

However, I'm kind of lazy to do some questing ever since the Old crumpled Newspaper when down in profit. e_e

-~--~-

xd
That was my method too! Then everything dropped in price, so I can't make anywhere near the profit now.

Magical Trickster

19,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150
Akiralta

xd
That was my method too! Then everything dropped in price, so I can't make anywhere near the profit now.

+.♦.+ Diamond Dust +.♦.+

I'm actually wondering why they are going down in price THAT BAD.

I mean months ago, they use to be in a steady 1k.

Now when I sell that stuff, I have cringe that it is now 800 gold or so. Which means I lose 200 each. gonk

Unless.....People are getting tired of doing Alchemy. In which, I do understand the problem.

-~--~-

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces