Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Vend or sell old crap I've grown tired of, usually I sell all my boring items just before each new RIG release.

Original Genius

I quit Gaia for like 4 years it feels, and just got over that virtual gold addiction.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
I haven't been having gold issues lately, and I'm careful about spending so if I end up with a large amount of gold I'm good at keeping it around. But I used to have that issue all the time. If there was an item I wanted REALLY bad? I'll go through my inventory and see if there's anything I'm not using. I collect Old Crumpled Newspapers in towns and sell them. I play Booty Grab. If I want something right away, (this is usually out of fear of the price going up) I'll spend some of the Gaia Cash I got from offers on an item to sell. I've only purchased Gaia Cash one time, and it was for Saint Ciel: Agape. After the item finished evolving, I learned about the scissors pose and wanted it immediately. (it makes wigs a hell of a lot more versatile, if I want short hair I can cut a wig I already have instead of buying a new one) I was afraid the item would go out of the shop soon so I bought a cash card and got one.
Back when I was really active here, I did everything that I could to get gold, without spending my real money.
I played games all the time, booty grab, shake some bushes and trees, sell as much stuff as I can, etc.
Now, it'll be nice to own some of the stuff I want, but all in all, I don't care anymore.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
When I want something new badly enough, I resort to the one thing I do fairly well, but am really honestly lazy about: doing avatar art. Thankfully, I have pretty particular tastes and most of the new item releases I don't care for at all. That goes a long way in helping me save gold.

It's rare I actually do avatar art for others. I have to really want something in order to do it. I rarely ever sell items I already have because I'm a ridiculous pack rat that way. I have a ton of items I never use, but can't bear to part with.

Stone-cold Warlord

11,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
I'm a packrat, so I can't bring myself to sell anything. I'm one of those who try to convince themselves that they don't need certain items.

Mewling Loverboy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i've sold everything that i feel i can part with that would really
get me anywhere near enough to get something i found really
shiny~ but, what i tend to do, is put it in my signature, and go
ahead and open up my art shop. and i post about it in my
status. lol but i usually do a combination of selling items and
art so i can make it. o u ob it tends to work pretty well~

but i'm so very lazy that most of the time, i just convince myself
that i don't need it. x A x

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lavish Lunatic

I see the new shiny and think 'Hmm, well, the gold I have now is not going to be sufficient!'
*looks in inventory*
'Ah, I don't use this item anymore and it should cover the cost!'
*Sells item quite below LMP for a quick sale*
*buys new shiny*

VICIOUS CYCLE, I tell you.

But I don't mind selling items I don't use anymore, so I'm good! emotion_dowant

Dapper Phantom

11,650 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Partygoer 500
I usually just dump out my inventory once in a while a buy all new stuff.
But I hate grinding, so I never earn much more :/

In a relationship with Redstar Galaxy

Wistful Fairy

42,740 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
- Sell your stuff?

No. Once my stuff, always my stuff cat_mrgreen

- Make more gold?

Always User Image

- Start a quest thread?

I don't 'quest' cat_talk2hand

- Buckle down and buy cash?

If I have to 'buckle down' to do anything, it probably means I shouldn't do it cat_confused

- Cross your fingers and hope the price drops?

Well, can't hurt, eh? cat_wink

- Stick the item in your signature and hope the GCD fairy works their magic?

*sound of the heavenly choir* User Image

- Try to convince yourself you don't need it?

I don't need it, I WANT it User Image

- Realize that you have a ton of items and you actually don't need it?

...Maybe cat_sweatdrop

- Has there ever been a time where items you loved kept being released so close together that you just couldn't keep up?

Autoca$h solved this problem for me cat_rolleyes

- Have you come back from a hiatus and found so many shinies that you suddenly want?

Indeed cat_emo

Pierced Unicorn

31,665 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
I usually can't bear to part with any of my items (I have too many Saved Outfits), so I'll drop some cash once in a while.
Or I'll just tell myself that I don't need the item that badly.

This time around I had to have Rosamund's Redemption, and I already had about 300GC, so I went ahead and bought 10 bucks worth.

Reindeer

this sounds like me when i dont get any business crying
I do a combo User Image

Quest Thread + Exchanging, works fine emotion_yatta

If I had a tablet, I'll probably open an art shop to get more goldies~ emotion_kirakira

Froggy's Waifu

Stalker

23,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
It's been a long time since I've really wanted anything. Only thing that comes to mind is the new polar bear rig pet and getting that wouldn't be as simple as selling a few items in my inventory. emo

But when I do find myself strapped for gold and in a buying mood, I usually just sell off stuff I'm not using. I've got a letter horde I've slowly been whittling down and considering I usually stick to the same couple outfits to begin with, parting with items I have isn't too emotional.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff