Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angelic Angel

31,125 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Party Machine 500
Jayce Reinhardt
Snow Danger
I don't really care because I knew the item I wanted wasn't going to win (heardhearted) but maybe this will encourage gaia to pump out some recolours because that haiiirrrrrr

but I'm seriously cracking the ******** up over everyone in this thread talking about how warlock means oathbreaker~ not magic user~

glad y'all busted out your 16th century dictionary for that s**t rofl

I don't even know why this is even an argument in this thread.

Can't they argue about something . . . .oh I don't know,. . . . more important?

i never imagined i would enrage the witches and warlocks of gaia

i hope im not cursed because of it

Divine Muse

iBalthier
Jayce Reinhardt
Snow Danger
I don't really care because I knew the item I wanted wasn't going to win (heardhearted) but maybe this will encourage gaia to pump out some recolours because that haiiirrrrrr

but I'm seriously cracking the ******** up over everyone in this thread talking about how warlock means oathbreaker~ not magic user~

glad y'all busted out your 16th century dictionary for that s**t rofl

I don't even know why this is even an argument in this thread.

i never imagined i would enrage the witches and warlocks of gaia

i hope im not cursed because of it

I will be cursing your a** if you don't get me a doughnut. emotion_omnomnom

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

SuccuViv
bacon queen
haha what consumer power hasn't existed on gaia lately.

i don't encourage anyone to say "life isn't fair, just accept it" because that's not how changes are made. u're ok with it because u are getting what u want, but a "handful" of items are not enough to keep people happy. seriously i work selling food and we get a minority of customers that ask for their meals to be prepared in a particular way so we've set up systems to cater for them when they want it. we don't tell them "life isn't fair", because they would rage at us with a force of a thousand suns. my work is a business too but we aren't shafting our customers because they are a minority.
"ask for their meals to be prepared in a particular way" that's the difference, the food's the same and can be easily prepared differently O: Gaia would have to dedicate an artist to make a new item, it's making an entire different product and that's why you can't compare the two. "Male" users lost any leg to stand on when limited items appeared, has any "male" limited item sell out?, when they do they get recolors (the first custom item did, look at how many recolors there are) and that's all there is to it x ox; it's not like Gaia doesn't give guys anything.

on that topic of remaking stuff, sometimes i don't mind whatever female items they have, but it is pretty sad for me, as a girl who like short hair, to have a casual item's hair that does not cut into something short. eg. nekola, i love that thing's sweater to death, i bought one too, but it bothers me so much that those ponytails cannot be cut with agape, and instead they're just shorter. i wish they tried to find a way to use sketchbook for the shorter ponytails and agape for it to be completly short

i know male items doesn't get made often, and yeah gaia knows what sells, but sometimes i'd just want them to make some items like that bulletproof. everything neutral all combined. i don't even want it really often, a few per month is pretty great, and they can continue selling whatever poofy dresses they still want. those who prefer male/genderneutral items are pretty easy to satisfy, from what i've seen, but it's just that really sexy and brand-new female items have been overloading recetly and it gives the impression that there's so little male items X _ X
it's easy to count with 2 hands the numbe of new male oriented items that came out during the past month, but it's a helluva longer list for brand-new female catered stuff.

i don't want any arguments, and i don't say s**t about female-y stuff. some of them are great and i only judge on item quality, but it's hard for people to understand that there's a minority of girls and boys and inbetweens out there who likes pants and shirts and short hairs emotion_facepalm

Sparkling Streaker

SuccuViv

at work we offer a service, food, gaia offers a service, dress-up, forums, games, w.e. the point is gaia is lacking at their services and needs to step up. honestly with the money they've sucking out of us lately, and unless they show us the numbers, why can't they hire an artist that can make decent male item? or even compromise and find someone that can do both. i don't really think recolours count as new items. when was the last time the ladies got an item that was recoloured to death? oh, we've got nekolita. when was the last time the guys got something? wayward son?

Goth Fairy

22,600 Points
  • 90's Movie Token Quirky Goth Girl 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Furtur
Murder Is Kawaii
Winter Hue
Murder Is Kawaii
Winter Hue

That is how the business world works. Let us use this as a tiny little example:

Clothing Business (A)
- Starts up with an equal amount of female to male clothing options.
- More women begin to purchase the feminine/female clothes.
- The male clothing tends to not sell very well (if at all).

So Clothing Business (A) has to make a decision. Be profitable or be fair
towards both genders. Fairness doesn't matter in the business world, so
of course they would toss the male clothing in favor of the production of
more female clothes. They have made the most profitable decision.

Clothing Business (B)
- Starts up with an equal amount of female to male clothing options.
- More women begin to purchase the feminine/female clothes.
- The male clothing tends to not sell very well (if at all).

Instead of Clothing Business (A), this business decides to merely limit
the male clothing. Female clothing is still focused on, but they still have
male clothing just in case it starts to sell. If it does start to sell, then it
will be given more focus from the business and more male products will
be added. This isn't a very profitable choice, but it does leave room for
the business to grow in terms of providing products to men.

Gaia is very similar to Clothing Business (B). Now if Gaia had a large male
userbase that bought masculine items then we would definitely be seeing
more masculine items being made and sold for cash. However we do not see that,
so it is obvious that feminine items are more profitable and male users just need to
step it up, purchase more masculine items, and give Gaia a reason to make more.

Thank you for explaining this really well. Unfortunately, many of these people don't seem open to reason. This is completely correct and anyone who has been on this site for more than a few weeks should be able to tell that Gaia only hears your money, not you.

I would like to add that in respects to the "fairness to genders" part - reducing the amount of male clothes is still fair. If their market is 75% female and 25% male, then clothing style reflecting that are totally fair. (unless this is actually what you were saying and I missed it)

Yep. Totally fair. Don't know why masculine-item wearing users want the ratio to be 50/50
when it is terribly obvious that the masculine items do not produce the same amount of
sales as the feminine items. It just boggles my mind. I also don't understand why they
don't simply understand that Gaia is making proper decisions as a business to make money.
Because there's a pretty vast portion of men who think 50/50 is equal representation regardless of how small the male demographic is. It's like white people who think 3 token minority characters and 3 white characters in a show/movie is fair representation.

Anyone who thinks it's unfair that money has to be spent on these items for the demand to be noticed is pretty dull. There didn't used to be this many super fem items, the demand for them was shown and was then met. The same has to be done if anyone wants more masculine items.

goddamn i want to go through this thread and tip every post you make

ty it's cuz I know some s**t. I used to really want to go into fashion so I learned a lot about marketing from my close family friend's who, between them, have worked in high positions at BCBG, forever 21, 7 for all man kind, and some other pretty big brands.

Shade

16,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Punk Patrol 250
well excuse u but as a manly man i feel like im lookin pretty dam rad in this gender-neutral hat

Revered Connoisseur

arcadian98
iBalthier
witch = female
warlock = male

uh lmao where do you get this s**t from?? warlocks & witches are completely different, and there are most certainly male witches. its not a gender specific thing; stop making it into one.

that being sad, i dont care. masculine items are gross and im glad we dont have many of them. i'm pretty sick of all this whining, too. that unhappy? leave, find a different site. i'm sure they would be happy to have you.
Are you silly?
There will be always complaining.
This is democracy and that 'complaining' forms ideas.

Feline Bookworm

bacon queen

Its been in the CS for about 12 hours now, I'm not sure why it's taking them so long to put the announcements out.

I understand your point, but as a few others have said, it comes down to what sells in the end. For example say you start up a cupcake business, on your first day you make 20 pink cupcakes with lots of chocolate and sprinkles on and 20 blue cupcakes with lots of frosting. During the day you sell all 20 pink cakes within 2 hours but at the end of the day you're left with 10 blue cakes unsold. This continues on the next day, you can see little girls skipping along with change in their pockets but you have no pink cupcakes to sell so all that money goes skipping off down the street because you are having to turn customers away due to the fact that you dont have what they want, meanwhile the blue cakes sit there going stale. On the third day you have a choice.. make twenty of each cupcake again and watch all that potential income go by for the sake of being fair, or change your businesss strategy. Why not make 30 cupcakes and only 10 blue? You get more income and there are more satisfied customers who will come back again next time. Its about supply and demand. Being fair doesn't make money and doesn't make any logical business sense. ><

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Snow Danger
warlock (plural warlocks)

The male equivalent of witch.
(obsolete) A traitor or oath-breaker.

like stop you guys

******** what even is this site anymore

"Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

That doesn't change that the majority of those of the craft that are male still call themselves a witch instead of a warlock.

Warlock is still used within many traditions as a term for those that are oathbreakers.

"Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wagh’nagl fhtagn."

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Jayce Reinhardt

Because for some it is important?

Just as important as it is to whine about not enough male items.

Demonic Lover

bacon queen
I don't think you can compare preparing food differently to making entirely new items that don't sell well, it would be like the restaurant you are in buying a type of meat that doesn't sell well at all because few customers like it. Did you see how fast Nekola sold?, when was the last time a male item did that?, Wayward Son?, my point exactly.

If I had a restaurant that sold burguers and hotdogs and for every user that buys a hotdog there's 10 that buy a burguer, how do you think my menu's going to look like after a month?, think about that C:
minghii
I think they are kind of trying that with the Sailor Moon stuff, if it proves popular we could be getting many "mixed" items C: I don't know if that's good though x ox;;;

I get what you are saying but all we can do is vote with our wallets D: sadly an user here said it well, Gaia listens to their user's money, not their voices...

Fallen Pants

55,440 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I'm more concerned about the pricing then who won.

It's gonna be over a billion isn't it crying

Sparkling Streaker

Literatic

seriously i understand the supply and demand, i have been a part of many online communities that have minorities on the site but still aim to keep them all happy because they are their customers. gaia is doing some really shitty business moves at the moment but i don't think that can justify them not treating their userbase fairly. obviously what they are doing is not enough because there are still people not happy with what they are offering.

Divine Muse

Calelith
Jayce Reinhardt

Because for some it is important?

Just as important as it is to whine about not enough male items.

But whining about an obsolete meaning isn't whining?

oooooook

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sparkling Streaker

SuccuViv

umm ok but the point that gaia is lacking at their service still stands. if they were doing enough then people would be satisfied, and we would be posting in a thread titled "the gender-orientated item pools are fantastic!" are we? no...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff