Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alien Noob

I miss the old events.

Steadfast Lunatic

13,875 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
I'd rather fight against real people, instead of once a day npcs. Remember last year? Grave Danger. It was a fail because it didn't have any reasons for community involvement.
Hrotti
I'd rather fight against real people, instead of once a day npcs. Remember last year? Grave Danger. It was a fail because it didn't have any reasons for community involvement.

This, so much. I couldn't even be bothered to do that one. I got so bored.
Interacting with other users and meeting new people in a competitive, allegiance-based setting is easily the best part of any of these events. The clicking on things to kill/wound them is highly secondary, in my opinion. But still fun, if the thing in question was some other user.
My favorite event was the 2008 one, with humans, dark elves, vampires, and zombies.. and everybody fighting everybody, with minimal interactions that didn't involve you and another actual user.

Plus I think it's nicer with more than two teams. When there are only two teams, people seem to be.. meaner, to each other. And not in the fun competitive way, more so in a way that makes everyone annoying to be around if you happened to choose different sides. But with four teams, that seems like less of a problem. Because instead of a winner and loser scenario, it's a we all four fought but someone came out on top in the end. IDK if that makes sense, but it's how I feel.

Sagely Shade

19,425 Points
  • Headstrong Believer 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Vertigo_Kiwi

^

Its the chaos and the need to compete that makes us WANT to do the events. Two groups, four groups, six groups, or Eight doesn't matter. All that matters is the Mayhem and chaos that the users generate that makes it worth doing. Its fun to want and NEED rivals to pit yourself against.

Chatty Genius

7,000 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Millionaire 200
I don't know, :/ I kind of gave up last time with the whole sentinel/overseer thing. I didn't really participate that much and my team lost. I think with more storyline coming out and some people not having choose a team yet, it's going to give the dark elves more sympathy, because everyone seems to think that the vampires have more followers. This could go either way. The team who has less, could just be more motivated to win. I like events pertaining to the storyline, whether they are really a competition or not. But I hate being soulbound to some items. I mean really, I'm stuck with this potato forever? lol. Anyway, I think people enjoy competitive games more, it's more of a challenge and people stick around to the end for the outcome. I feel like this halloween event may be longer because they already have us choosing sides.

Snarky Vampire

39,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Champion 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Nasyiri
Hrotti

This, so much. I couldn't even be bothered to do that one. I got so bored.
Interacting with other users and meeting new people in a competitive, allegiance-based setting is easily the best part of any of these events. The clicking on things to kill/wound them is highly secondary, in my opinion. But still fun, if the thing in question was some other user.
My favorite event was the 2008 one, with humans, dark elves, vampires, and zombies.. and everybody fighting everybody, with minimal interactions that didn't involve you and another actual user.

Plus I think it's nicer with more than two teams. When there are only two teams, people seem to be.. meaner, to each other. And not in the fun competitive way, more so in a way that makes everyone annoying to be around if you happened to choose different sides. But with four teams, that seems like less of a problem. Because instead of a winner and loser scenario, it's a we all four fought but someone came out on top in the end. IDK if that makes sense, but it's how I feel.

I'm not too sure you have the score right on the more than two teams bit, since I saw some very mean attitudes at the Rejected Olympics this year. I actually felt the need to openly apologize on behalf of Barton for some of the words our own extreme supporters were slinging around in the forums.

That said, I think you both put the problems with Grave Danger into perspective very nicely, and Halloween Hysteria was by far my absolute favorite Gaia event, partly because it made for an epic prologue to zOMG! and partly because it was just loads of fun.

In a relationship with a fictitious character

Monster Lover

It's always blank vs blank
The oh look the winner got something better than the losers or the losers got something better than the winners and it can't be sold/bought.
So everyone just whines again.
Why can't we just have a non war related event?

Familiar Hunter

11,815 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Hrotti

i liked that one too mrgreen heart

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
I remember Sin and Boo. And I loved it. Right up until that giant "******** You" of an ending.

It's actually a bit weird that I enjoyed it as much as I did, considering I joined the "wrong" team. Or to be more exact... I liked Sentinel a lot lot LOT better than the Overseer. But I was stuck on the idea of being a "good" guy, and so I sided with BOO.
This year, none of that nonsense. I went with the faction I like the most--labels of "good" or "bad" be damned.

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
This isn't "the same crap" over again.

If you've participated in any Halloween events you'd know they're nearly always team based.

Distinct Vampire

Vertigo_Kiwi
I like the insane competition these kinda events create between users. Everyone goes a bit insane, and it's freakin' great. twisted

Gotta agree with this. No matter how the whole system of ** vs ** is totally overplayed it's still freaking fun and effective.

Decorated Pumpkin

18,500 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Demonbusters was my favorite event, so...

Obsessive Player

Let's see how it goes!

Demonic Fairy

13,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Jack-pot 100
Yeah, and I loved Demon Busters. 4laugh

15,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I didn't mind DemonBusters. I had fun with it.

I also enjoyed the Grave Danger event cause it was the first event that incorporated ghosts. It was a nice change in variety. Actually, I loved that event. Fighting the ghosts, interacting with the ghost NPC's in the forums, solving the mystery.... It was fun. It wasn't a battle between different factions in the user-base, but rather everyone working "together" in a sense. That one as well as the the straight up Humans vs Vampires one are probably my two favorite.

Last year we had werewolves which was also something new. I hated that Alchemy was shoved down our throats for that event, but it was a nice change in pace.

I still want to know what happened with the Zurg.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff