Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Gaian

I want a GD item.
Because I'd use it. Even if it is male, I'd find a way to use it. Come to meeeee. </3

I like the kpop items. Which is because I'm a fan of kpop, but still. It adds something else and for once I know where the item came from/inspired lol

Also, for you BTS fans, they have a come back for later this month!!

Fuzzy Marshmallow

I love Kpop, so I'm a big fan of the items. I'd love some Super Junior and SHINee items, just because I'm totally in love with those groups, but I'm not sure what the item should contain.. I agree with an 2ne1 item, they are always fashionable!

Kawaii Spirit

I don't mind these at all but I would like to see a bit more pink and white items. I swear, it's like Gaia can't just release both girly and non-girly at the same time. Why not half and half? Then everyone is happy.

Kawaii Shounen

27,440 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Lapin Patrol Mimosa: Victory! 50
  • Magical Girl 50
minghii
low-TENSION
minghii
i'm not really good with distinguishing the styles except for a few artists, so i can't guess, but i'm giving them my love through the screen > u >
man, i've been loving kpop since so many years ago, so glad they decided to makes these things.

i'd LOVE to see some more exo related stuff * o * i really want tao's black hairdo and eyebags maybe/hit. i feel like Overdose might have some nice styles?
i'd love to see some suju too but i guess their wardrobe isn't as nearly as colorful and in fashion than exo's, i think. t u t

I'd love to see EXO items too, but as of now I don't think their wardrobe is outstanding to be an item.
Wolf had a pretty confusing look , Overdose was too 90s, Growl focused on being a school boy,
only Mama/ History looked great for me..

sweatdrop
mama and history could work though, the cloak and weird tatts, i think even non kpop fans would like that emotion_awesome

oh and btw, i think you should put the voodoo doll vid under a warning spoiler, it's pretty gory

we had an exo item! biggrin run & gun was totally exo inspired!

Kawaii Shounen

27,440 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Lapin Patrol Mimosa: Victory! 50
  • Magical Girl 50
Teabo Milk Tea
Fawn Faline
I haven't listened to kpop in a lonnnng time, but holy cow it's gotten a lot darker since my days of DBSK????

Anyway, I wish they would branch out into American rock bands. I'm still waiting for my Danger Days item ;(

Nah, VIXX is a rookie group known for their super dark concept (if you were referring to the Voodoo Doll music video). I can't name off the top of my head who else has done dark concepts, but the larger majority of Kpop groups don't do dark concepts at all.

vixx isn't a rookie group! they've been around for over 2 years now~ But yes, they're definitely known as concept-dols, which means they completely devote themselves to the concept for their albums, so their on & on, hyde, and voodoo doll concepts have been a bit in the dark area, and I love it.

even though eternity which recently came out, wasn't as dark, it was still a really awesome, solid concept too

fxxkin demon

mayakko
I don't mind these at all but I would like to see a bit more pink and white items. I swear, it's like Gaia can't just release both girly and non-girly at the same time. Why not half and half? Then everyone is happy.

That works for me too. You get something you like and I get something I like. Gaia can't multitask though.

Incidentally, I had no idea the voodoo doll was k-pop. I don't like most pop music in general and the foreign stuff just goes over my head. Still a good item, is a good item. If it works with my avi then I'll buy no matter what the reference.

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Yukitsu
Teabo Milk Tea
Fawn Faline
I haven't listened to kpop in a lonnnng time, but holy cow it's gotten a lot darker since my days of DBSK????

Anyway, I wish they would branch out into American rock bands. I'm still waiting for my Danger Days item ;(

Nah, VIXX is a rookie group known for their super dark concept (if you were referring to the Voodoo Doll music video). I can't name off the top of my head who else has done dark concepts, but the larger majority of Kpop groups don't do dark concepts at all.

vixx isn't a rookie group! they've been around for over 2 years now~ But yes, they're definitely known as concept-dols, which means they completely devote themselves to the concept for their albums, so their on & on, hyde, and voodoo doll concepts have been a bit in the dark area, and I love it.

even though eternity which recently came out, wasn't as dark, it was still a really awesome, solid concept too

Ah, my bad. I don't know too much about VIXX, but I follow some general Kpop blogs and confession blogs on Tumblr and there are some fans on those blogs who believe VIXX is a rookie group because they've only been around for about 2 years (same with EXO--even though they debuted in 2011, there are still Kpop fans who think they're still rookies)

Questionable Cat

Zero Dream
Im not sure who is doing this, but the kpop references are pretty interesting, even though I havn't brought any of them. It's much more refreshing to see than girly frilly pink lolita dress #4253534 and nekola the 200th.

I am hoping this means there will be a branching into jpop and visual kei eventually <<

totally want more Vkei things.
but the one that immediately pops to mind (for me, at least) is the unkempt hair from Monochrome Keido because it looks like Teru's from Versailles Noble era. lol and that is seriously the only reason I want that item.

I mean, I'm sure there might be others, but that's the only one I've flat-out recognized.

Fashionable Gaian

I want me some Brown Eyed Girls items emotion_donotwant

Srsly, they need to do more Japanese street fashion, and not just lolita cause there is too many lolita items already. I want some Dolly Kei inspired items, Cult Party Kei, Decora, Fairy Kei, etc etc etc...

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
B3autiful Hangover

Srsly, they need to do more Japanese street fashion, and not just lolita cause there is too many lolita items already. I want some Dolly Kei inspired items, Cult Party Kei, Decora, Fairy Kei, etc etc etc...

Gaia has been releasing mori kei items lately from what I've noticed, so they're not just doing lolita. The Sketchbook items are heavily mori kei-influenced.

I'm not sure what would constitute as Dolly Kei or Cult Party Kei-inspired, though. From pictures I've seen, they seem to sort of blend in with Mori Kei. I have a hard time sometimes with telling the difference between Mori, Natural, Dolly, and Cult Party Kei especially when I see a picture of someone on tumblr wearing an outfit coord that's a mix of all four.

Striking Sex Symbol

Haha wow these are awesome, I hadn't realised! :O

stukky's Fangirl

Fairy Type

60,050 Points
  • Cute Monster 500
  • Manchurian Candidate 500
  • Budding Witch 250
I'm not realllllly into k-pop

but I love the more modern/street styles that we're getting with the items

now they just need to re-release/recolour Bulletproof because I want those plugs and it's shot up to 250bil emotion_donotwant

Skylex Nevaeh's Husband

Shirtless Demon

17,050 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I don't listen to Asian music at all so I am unaware of these references. I do notice they are of Asian modern fashion styles, so I know that much at least. It's not really my thing so I don't consider buying them.

Fashionable Gaian

Sakura Latte
B3autiful Hangover

Gaia has been releasing mori kei items lately from what I've noticed, so they're not just doing lolita. The Sketchbook items are heavily mori kei-influenced.

I'm not sure what would constitute as Dolly Kei or Cult Party Kei-inspired, though. From pictures I've seen, they seem to sort of blend in with Mori Kei. I have a hard time sometimes with telling the difference between Mori, Natural, Dolly, and Cult Party Kei especially when I see a picture of someone on tumblr wearing an outfit coord that's a mix of all four.

I'm aware of the Mori items. Although some are Mori influenced while others are more cutesy casual then Mori. Best Mori item is Petite Cherie
Pretty much all Japanese street fashion consists of layering clothing articles. Not just Mori.

Difference between Mori and Natural is that Mori means forest which the fashion is based around. Natural is more "what one would wear in a cottage" idea. Natural is influenced through story books,Edwardian period, and the 1970's prairie looks.

Dolly dabbles more vintage than the three. Idea is looking like a vintage doll.

Party Kei is the pop cute look instead of vintage look. Vintage nightgowns are big for Cult Party.

You can read the difference between Natural and Mori [here] also it's a nice blog if you like either of the four fashion.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
B3autiful Hangover
Sakura Latte
B3autiful Hangover

I'm aware of the Mori items. Although some are Mori influenced while others are more cutesy casual then Mori. Best Mori item is Petite Cherie
Pretty much all Japanese street fashion consists of layering clothing articles. Not just Mori.

Difference between Mori and Natural is that Mori means forest which the fashion is based around. Natural is more "what one would wear in a cottage" idea. Natural is influenced through story books,Edwardian period, and the 1970's prairie looks.

Dolly dabbles more vintage than the three. Idea is looking like a vintage doll.

Party Kei is the pop cute look instead of vintage look. Vintage nightgowns are big for Cult Party.

You can read the difference between Natural and Mori [here] also it's a nice blog if you like either of the four fashion.

I'm aware of what each of the four fashions are in concept, but when I see pictures, some of it blends in with each other. I follow a bunch of mori/natural/dolly/cult party kei blogs on tumblr (one of them Buki, a former Gaia artist), and often times I see models wearing a mix of the two or all four fashion (example 1 and 2). Plus there's this store called Nashare that I've always thought was mori kei because it's labelled as such by the mori community, but then I've also seen some people call it a natural kei store.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff