Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Loiterer

From today's update, I've seen a growing number of Kpop influenced items.
As someone who has been a fan of the genre for quite a while, this gets me
so excited even if most people don't understand or know the references.

To name a few examples Miss Miss, Voodoo Doll, and Bulletproof
For more examples go to After Midnight Booty Call's Kpop/Jpop Reference List

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

**graphic version of Voodoo Doll:

gaia_spoons Who do you think is the artist responsible for all these Kpop/Korean Influenced inspired items?
gaia_spoons Which artist/ music video (it doesn't matter what genre) would you also like to see as an item in Gaia?

emotion_yatta

Beloved Stargazer

Im not sure who is doing this, but the kpop references are pretty interesting, even though I havn't brought any of them. It's much more refreshing to see than girly frilly pink lolita dress #4253534 and nekola the 200th.

I am hoping this means there will be a branching into jpop and visual kei eventually <<

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

i'm not really good with distinguishing the styles except for a few artists, so i can't guess, but i'm giving them my love through the screen > u >
man, i've been loving kpop since so many years ago, so glad they decided to makes these things.

i'd LOVE to see some more exo related stuff * o * i really want tao's black hairdo and eyebags maybe/hit. i feel like Overdose might have some nice styles?
i'd love to see some suju too but i guess their wardrobe isn't as nearly as colorful and in fashion than exo's, i think. t u t

Tiny Friend

Well I was not expecting the body horror in the first video........... that was pretty gross. wow.

but KPOP genre or not I like these kind of items a lot and would be nice if they'd continue uqu

Tipsy Genius

I don't know/listen to many k-pop artists, but I definitely appreciate the style! Most k-pop inspired items we've had so far were really interesting and versatile--I'd love to see more.

Personally, I'm more of a j-pop fan, so I'd love to see outfits inspired by Morning Musume and Mini Moni, or S/mileage, or Kyary Pamyu Pamyu.

IRL Noob

I haven't really found any music I liked from kpop, but the fashion is cute!

Timid Loiterer

Zero Dream
Im not sure who is doing this, but the kpop references are pretty interesting, even though I havn't brought any of them. It's much more refreshing to see than girly frilly pink lolita dress #4253534 and nekola the 200th.

I am hoping this means there will be a branching into jpop and visual kei eventually <<

There are also a number of Jpop inspired items though but mostly the bubbly and girly ones.
So far Kyary has an item, and the Blooming Idol mini CI. For visual kei we only have the wigs.

In a relationship with VICTUURl

Hardcore Man-Lover

I'm loving all these K-pop inspired items. <3 Personally, I would love to see more Big Bang (Especially from the Monster MV, I want whatever GD and TOP were wearing) , SNSD, or 2NE1 items. Their outfits are pretty out there (Some are even borderline gaudy) and they'd be popular on Gaia. I think my favourite K-pop inspired item so far is Run & Gun (cause it reminded me of GD) ... Though I missed my chance to get one. emo It's forever out of my reach now.

Edit / I also want an item based off of Mir's look from MBLAQ's MV for Be A Man. Joon used to be my oppa from the group, but after that video... Not anymore!

Timid Loiterer

minghii
i'm not really good with distinguishing the styles except for a few artists, so i can't guess, but i'm giving them my love through the screen > u >
man, i've been loving kpop since so many years ago, so glad they decided to makes these things.

i'd LOVE to see some more exo related stuff * o * i really want tao's black hairdo and eyebags maybe/hit. i feel like Overdose might have some nice styles?
i'd love to see some suju too but i guess their wardrobe isn't as nearly as colorful and in fashion than exo's, i think. t u t

I'd love to see EXO items too, but as of now I don't think their wardrobe is outstanding to be an item.
Wolf had a pretty confusing look , Overdose was too 90s, Growl focused on being a school boy,
only Mama/ History looked great for me..

sweatdrop

Mewling Kitten

That voodoo video is actually really gross emotion_puke

C 's Fav

Smol Kitten

35,550 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
.: [ I am with you and super excited about them :]
i'm just hoping for more in general. I like the style of the K-pop artists that I follow and even the ones that I don't and it would be nice to be able to dress (even virtually) like 2NE1 or SNSD.
] :.

minghii's Compadre

Sexy Bun

I like it. Whoever it is, keep it up.
I kinda like K-pop, I'm more of a J-rock person though. I do like a couple of girl groups like 2NE1 and Wonder Girls. Oh! And DBSK, mostly for that One Piece opening they did.

My favorite was when they made that announcement with all the K-pop band pun names in it.
My favorite item's is Bulletproof so far. Mostly because of the eyes.

Madam Ace's Compadre

Shady Man-Lover

low-TENSION
minghii

I'd love to see EXO items too, but as of now I don't think their wardrobe is outstanding to be an item.
Wolf had a pretty confusing look , Overdose was too 90s, Growl focused on being a school boy,
only Mama/ History looked great for me..

sweatdrop
mama and history could work though, the cloak and weird tatts, i think even non kpop fans would like that emotion_awesome

oh and btw, i think you should put the voodoo doll vid under a warning spoiler, it's pretty gory

Timid Loiterer

minghii
mama and history could work though, the cloak and weird tatts, i think even non kpop fans would like that emotion_awesome

oh and btw, i think you should put the voodoo doll vid under a warning spoiler, it's pretty gory
yep, changed it since a number of people said it was gross.. gonk emotion_8c

Diamond Senshi

26,450 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Zero Dream

Don't tease me with Visual Keiā€¦ gonk gonk gonk I want so bad. emotion_facepalm

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff