Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tyhoic's Waifu

Kawaii Strawberry

[NPC] Easter Bunny
Tadashiini
Xashowd
You know...This Year's Easter Event was going so well Gaia. Feebie items, Interesting bundles, a Gold Shop RIG that actually gave the community a sense of generosity, camaraderie, and Positivity not often seen in the past few months, and these free Evolving items from the Easter Bunny. Really, things were looking up.

Then you have to pour this **** storm waiting to happen on our heads. Everything was going so well, and then you sour it. I agree with everyone else when I say to you...

Don't Make it Rain/Pour/whatever. Where Gold Generators are concerned, MAKE IT STOP!!! Greed will be your undoing, not your salvation! Not that mere words'll change your mind at this point. And since others consumed by greed will still be buying these, we can't exactly speak with our wallets either. *Throws hands in the air* I don't know what it's going to take to get this to end, Gaia. Really, I wish I did.
PREACH!
With my cuteness restored I am truly the greatest holiday mascot ever.

Go away no one likes you mad

Elemental Harmonizer

47,075 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Harmony of Elements 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
Tadashiini
Xashowd
You know...This Year's Easter Event was going so well Gaia. Feebie items, Interesting bundles, a Gold Shop RIG that actually gave the community a sense of generosity, camaraderie, and Positivity not often seen in the past few months, and these free Evolving items from the Easter Bunny. Really, things were looking up.

Then you have to pour this **** storm waiting to happen on our heads. Everything was going so well, and then you sour it. I agree with everyone else when I say to you...

Don't Make it Rain/Pour/whatever. Where Gold Generators are concerned, MAKE IT STOP!!! Greed will be your undoing, not your salvation! Not that mere words'll change your mind at this point. And since others consumed by greed will still be buying these, we can't exactly speak with our wallets either. *Throws hands in the air* I don't know what it's going to take to get this to end, Gaia. Really, I wish I did.
PREACH!

I think drawing & posting comics/political cartoons of Gaia's Inflation will get more attention than preaching through text. Not everyone likes reading a long body of text. ^.~

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
Agent 360 X-2
Adnama Lavode
They need to "make it stop."

-Gets bored and photoshops crappily-
User Image
Holy crap. That needs to be the moon from Majora's Mask. Maybe it'll scare away the marketing team. lol

Prophet

Catera

More spoons!
gaia_spoons
When do you think gaia is going to just ditch gold and go cash only.
Then gaia will be the most expensive MM.................... I mean Avatar website ever!

Edit edit edit:
Wow -1 come on guys lets get this to -100!

I'd like to say tinier me was more expensive, its in game market sucked and if you wanted something you basically had to dish out your wallet, tho it closed down after only being open a short while...

Wyvernlet's Husband

Altruistic Worshipper

17,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Anamosa Valentine
You're right. That's why I tipped my friend, Agent. He went through the trouble of making that neat image.

Tyhoic's Waifu

Kawaii Strawberry

Divine Enchantment
Catera

More spoons!
gaia_spoons
Then gaia will be the most expensive MM.................... I mean Avatar website ever!

Edit edit edit:

I'd like to say tinier me was more expensive, its in game market sucked and if you wanted something you basically had to dish out your wallet, tho it closed down after only being open a short while...

Oh I remember that website and yes I heard all about it....

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Ryvaku
Agent 360 X-2
Adnama Lavode
They need to "make it stop."

-Gets bored and photoshops crappily-
User Image
Looks like a new item generator idea. lol

Followed by Magic Bag of Deflation?

Prophet

Catera
Divine Enchantment
Catera

More spoons!
gaia_spoons

Edit edit edit:

I was a regular on there, I quit because it was wayyy worse then gaia lol

Tyhoic's Waifu

Kawaii Strawberry

Divine Enchantment
Catera
Divine Enchantment
Catera

More spoons!
gaia_spoons

Edit edit edit:

I was a regular on there, I quit because it was wayyy worse then gaia lol

xd It's why I didn't bother going on it much I got fed up, without that website gaia is still the most expensive razz

Gracious Trader

Catera
TrulyCapricious
Catera
Aw that sucks :/
Some people should start up some anti inflation schema on the exchange and just give out halos or some crazy crap.

It wouldn't actually help with inflation, though. It would just redistribute some of the wealth on the site. We need a gold sink and it needs to be a substantial one.

problem is you make a gold sink of 1b and the people who don't have that gold miss out on all the items anyway unless the rewards deflate fast but I doubt they'd go below like 700m sweatdrop
Being legit in gaia is impossible at this current time.
And it probably wouldn't solve much but yeah redistributing the wealth is a need.

You have to look at the big picture, though. Right now, $10 items cost over 1b. So people who can't afford that are already missing out on a ton of stuff. We need a gold sink that does more than chipping away at the massive influx of gold one penny at a time. sweatdrop

Tyhoic's Waifu

Kawaii Strawberry

TrulyCapricious
Catera
TrulyCapricious
Catera
Some people should start up some anti inflation schema on the exchange and just give out halos or some crazy crap.

It wouldn't actually help with inflation, though. It would just redistribute some of the wealth on the site. We need a gold sink and it needs to be a substantial one.

problem is you make a gold sink of 1b and the people who don't have that gold miss out on all the items anyway unless the rewards deflate fast but I doubt they'd go below like 700m sweatdrop
And it probably wouldn't solve much but yeah redistributing the wealth is a need.

You have to look at the big picture, though. Right now, $10 items cost over 1b. So people who can't afford that are already missing out on a ton of stuff. We need a gold sink that does more than chipping away at the massive influx of gold one penny at a time. sweatdrop
considering a 10$ item is being released every day/couple of hours thats maybe 14 items a week thats alot neutral

Gracious Trader

Catera
TrulyCapricious
Catera
TrulyCapricious
Catera

considering a 10$ item is being released every day/couple of hours thats maybe 14 items a week thats alot neutral
Exactly. That's why we need prices to come down. And that's just not going to happen without a gold sink on a truly massive scale.

Tyhoic's Waifu

Kawaii Strawberry

TrulyCapricious
Catera
TrulyCapricious
Catera
TrulyCapricious
Catera

Exactly. That's why we need prices to come down. And that's just not going to happen without a gold sink on a truly massive scale.

Yeah but even with the gold sink say its 1b + it'll just mean the items people win won go under say 500m :/ it doesnt solve much...
Ethereal Darkness
]

MP hoarders are to blame in all honesty -- the GGs work more as a wheel of fortune and hidden gold sink as a result (adjusting trade frequency)

Increasing the MP tax will just increase inflation as people compensate for losses (adjusting penalty/motivation for trade); Recolors devalue (to some extent) the originals due to the increase in options (adjusting demand); RIGs deflate items due to re-circulation (adjusting supply); Flynn's re-evaluates current MP prices (adjusting baseline value); etc...

I agree that the inflation is a pain in the a** -- but there aren't a lot of options available for controlling things aside from stimulating trade to continue to burn gold without people noticing much or getting too angry -- What would you suggest Gaia do?
I think you have it Ethereal Darkness just follow me here. The object is the gold and the hoarders having the power to make a item very high in prices.

Then how about just making more chances to getting the items you need for Alchemy. By some game that is playable with gold or tokens that are soulbound once won.

Then those who main reason to win the item. Have some kind of time period on the item to become unsoulbound then there free to choose to sell it.

Those who just want more gold maybe have the option to sell it to store for gold so as they win the item.

Then we can't forget about gaia let us enjoy this website. Have some kind of gaia cash option letting them have those who pay to have a head jump on new item coming vip area for the game.
Then have some time period before they add the new item to the game chance play.

This did sound good in my head, it need more work 3nodding
TrulyCapricious
Catera
TrulyCapricious
Catera

here here biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces