Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would you like to see a regular publication from the Paparazzi containing articles, opinion pieces and interviews with NPCs?

Yes! A monthly Magazine would be wonderful! 0.45525291828794 45.5% [ 234 ]
Yes, but every other month would be better 0.15953307392996 16.0% [ 82 ]
No. Keep it the way it is with infrequent updates. 0.091439688715953 9.1% [ 47 ]
I have no opinion, and only wanted vote. 0.21789883268482 21.8% [ 112 ]
Other (Please join the discussion inside!) 0.075875486381323 7.6% [ 39 ]
Total Votes:[ 514 ]

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
dragonmonkey
B I B A X T
Hassli
dragonmonkey
XinYunMei
Happy Five hundredth page everybody! And here's to five hundred more.
cheese_whine I'll drink to that!

Topic to possibly write about: The History of the Paparazzi.
I would read it

I would definitely read it! I've been gone for most of the paparazzi's run so a history would be a great way to catch up! n___n
I haven't been around nearly long enough so any history I could provide would be very brief.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
A Short History of the Paparazzi by dragonmonkey (aka DM)

January 28, 2014 – It all began when one gaian by the username Yeata Zi had the idea to start a NPC stalkingtracking thread. The title of the thread inspired by a famous song to which some on the internet stated was the female singer’s way of thanking the very people who helped her climb to fame: the paparazzi.

The first article was written by Gumby Ningata and posted on the front page on January 30, 2014. Within a mere two days the thread was already gaining speed and with the juicy spill of a possible love triangle between Sentinel, Azrael, and Ruby the thread was sure to not only gain followers who were both readers and participants alike but start a blazing fire that would eventually catch the eye of the staff of Gaia who sign in on as the beloved NPCs.

The first NPC to post within the paparazzi thread was [NPC]Rina who was deep into shipping, visiting Dropplr consistently much to the worry of her good friend [NPC]Kanoko. [NPC]Rina seemed the one that liked to post in the thread the most though other NPCs posted as well not nearly as much as she.

Then the most devastating news to ever fall onto a thread (lovingly called a Magazine or ‘Zine for short) that is dedicated to following NPCs the amount of time that the artist had less time to work on the Manga that would lead up to a possible confrontation between Gino and Nyx. That there was, to quote from the PMs that were shared, “no chance of the plot being at the right point for an event by Halloween.” The artist did promise to try and minimize any hiatuses and keep up the storyline at the slower pace, which several including myself took as the artist referencing the one page every Friday being released. All who cared about the storyline and wanted to see it through the end/wrapped up were encouraged by the artist to talk about the Manga/Storyline in the forums.

For without a plot to report on, as the editor of the paparazzi magazine stated, the paparazzi themselves could be out of a job. That statement alone shows that the paparazzi do more than just post links to where NPCs have posted but also base their stories about what is happening in the storyline and Gaia as a whole.

Happy five hundred pages Paparazzi, you are the best and here is to having several pages more. One day may your ‘zine gain more readers, more journalists, more photographers, and several more thread pages.

Credit for Picture goes to: Yeata Zi

I only name dropped the editor and the first article writer. I felt that to leave out the first article writer's username was not giving them any credit which made me feel bad.
Do you want me to post this as an article?

If so, make sure you speak to Gumby to make sure he doesn't mind the attention!

Lavish Ladykiller

dragonmonkey
B I B A X T
Hassli
dragonmonkey
XinYunMei
Happy Five hundredth page everybody! And here's to five hundred more.
cheese_whine I'll drink to that!

Topic to possibly write about: The History of the Paparazzi.
I would read it

I would definitely read it! I've been gone for most of the paparazzi's run so a history would be a great way to catch up! n___n
I haven't been around nearly long enough so any history I could provide would be very brief.

January 28, 2014 – It all began when one gaian by the username Yeata Zi had the idea to start a NPC stalkingtracking thread. The title of the thread inspired by a famous song to which some on the internet stated was the female singer’s way of thanking the very people who helped her climb to fame: the paparazzi.

The first article was written by Gumby Ningata and posted on the front page on January 30, 2014. Within a mere two days the thread was already gaining speed and with the juicy spill of a possible love triangle between Sentinel, Azrael, and Ruby the thread was sure to not only gain followers who were both readers and participants alike but start a blazing fire that would eventually catch the eye of the staff of Gaia who sign in on as the beloved NPCs.

The first NPC to post within the paparazzi thread was [NPC]Rina who was deep into shipping, visiting Dropplr consistently much to the worry of her good friend [NPC]Kanoko. [NPC]Rina seemed the one that liked to post in the thread the most though other NPCs posted as well not nearly as much as she.

Then the most devastating news to ever fall onto a thread (lovingly called a Magazine or ‘Zine for short) that is dedicated to following NPCs the amount of time that the artist had less time to work on the Manga that would lead up to a possible confrontation between Gino and Nyx. That there was, to quote from the PMs that were shared, “no chance of the plot being at the right point for an event by Halloween.” The artist did promise to try and minimize any hiatuses and keep up the storyline at the slower pace, which several including myself took as the artist referencing the one page every Friday being released. All who cared about the storyline and wanted to see it through the end/wrapped up were encouraged by the artist to talk about the Manga/Storyline in the forums.

For without a plot to report on, as the editor of the paparazzi magazine stated, the paparazzi themselves could be out of a job. That statement alone shows that the paparazzi do more than just post links to where NPCs have posted but also base their stories about what is happening in the storyline and Gaia as a whole.

Happy five hundred pages Paparazzi, you are the best and here is to having several pages more. One day may your ‘zine gain more readers, more journalists, more photographers, and several more thread pages.

I only name dropped the editor and the first article writer. I felt that to leave out the first article writer's username was not giving them any credit which made me feel bad.
To answer to Zi. I do not mind and I am honored that I was mentioned at all.

Fluffy Glitch

Gumby Ningata
dragonmonkey

Yeata Zi

I guess then it's yes Zi, go ahead and put the article up. I just find it, personally mind you, a bit...odd that an article written by a 'newbie' of the Paparazzi is going to represent the history of the Pap. Though if anyone else that has been a part of the Paparazzi longer wants to write an article and have that have the spotlight they are more than welcomed to do so.

Lavish Ladykiller

dragonmonkey
Gumby Ningata
dragonmonkey

Yeata Zi

I guess then it's yes Zi, go ahead and put the article up. I just find it, personally mind you, a bit...odd that an article written by a 'newbie' of the Paparazzi is going to represent the history of the Pap. Though if anyone else that has been a part of the Paparazzi longer wants to write an article and have that have the spotlight they are more than welcomed to do so.
May I ask what you mean by "Newbie"?

Fluffy Glitch

Gumby Ningata
I'm newer to the paparazzi/mostly a lurker. Yet *shrugs*, nevermind what I said about oddness.

Now I feel like going into a Star Wars type of theme. *waves hand* there is no oddness...

Lavish Ladykiller

dragonmonkey
Gumby Ningata
I'm newer to the paparazzi/mostly a lurker. Yet *shrugs*, nevermind what I said about oddness.

Now I feel like going into a Star Wars type of theme. *waves hand* there is no oddness...
Yes there is.

Fluffy Glitch

Gumby Ningata
Yes there is.
You are a strong minded one. I should have figured so. Yet I didn't know until I tried.

Alien Sweetheart

Aw man not to be a bummer but I am just having a really lousy day. *sigh*

How is the press?

Stubborn Gifter

Meushi

How is the press?

I will say it's so/so for the time being.

However, I hope everyone is getting pumped up for the Ask the Staff (aka: revived "Ask the Admin" ) that's coming on Monday. Hope everyone will ask questions about the storyplot. Wish I can join in, but I have a strong feeling that I will be working overtime at work. gonk

Alien Sweetheart

Jisen Meizuki
Meushi

How is the press?

I will say it's so/so for the time being.

However, I hope everyone is getting pumped up for the Ask the Staff (aka: revived "Ask the Admin" ) that's coming on Monday. Hope everyone will ask questions about the storyplot. Wish I can join in, but I have a strong feeling that I will be working overtime at work. gonk

I'm SUPER happy to see that and I hope everything goes over really well. I don't think I'm gonna be able to make it either since I was never able to before. Unless the time has changed? Hope we get good plot questions and I hope we get good answers and not really vague ones.

Stubborn Gifter

Meushi
I'm SUPER happy to see that and I hope everything goes over really well. I don't think I'm gonna be able to make it either since I was never able to before. Unless the time has changed? Hope we get good plot questions and I hope we get good answers and not really vague ones.

Well, the Staff Alert said it's going to be at 4pm PDT. I highly doubt I'll be able to make it if I don't have overtime. But like I said before, I'm pretty sure I will. sweatdrop

But yeah... I hope we get good answers and no drama llama going on in the first thread.

Lavish Ladykiller

dragonmonkey
Gumby Ningata
Yes there is.
You are a strong minded one. I should have figured so. Yet I didn't know until I tried.
As is Goti.

Sparkling Star

13,000 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Streaker 200
/staples papers together

Surl E Dean's Fangirl

Invisible Lunatic

23,025 Points
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • NPCon Attendee 100
I was going to ask about the Dean but I don't want to incidentally be the one that the staff answers as a means of ignoring other pertinent questions but I am so tempted... lol

Bunny

42,575 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100
I know for a fact that I'll have to work, so I won't be able to ask any questions. The SOP guild is gathering questions though!
3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces