Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Gaian

For someone doesn't know how much 3% will take out, how much is it?
I did some googling, but didn't find much. Just housing and retirement crap lol

Even though I don't understand how much, a raised tax is good. People seriously don't need that much gold from the MP. But now the "PM me for a direct trade so the 3% doesn't get taken out" will increase.

Tiny Alchemist

Well, it's an added 50% more to what they were taking out before, so that's a good start I guess.

But yeah, they really need to cut out all this gold generator crap or make it easier for non GC buying users to keep up.

Loyal Kitten

A whole percent. ********.

Though I will say it's fun watching people run around screaming about it. It's like 2007 all over again.

minghii's Compadre

Sexy Bun

Druddigon
Madam Ace
1% increase is great.
A little more gold gets sunk.
And anyone who complains is a punk a** b***h.

Because really. Are you gonna complain over 1%. lol

It's not much complain,more that it seems...silly to only increase it by 1% which yes it does something but...really? I figure 5 or 7 might have been something more.

But if it was something significant like the 5% or 7% you mentioned sellers in the Marketplace will up their prices to compensate for the tax. Why wouldn't they? There's no cap and they're your only supplier.

I personally would like bigger taxes too, but this is probably the best way to ease into it.

Tipsy Genius

It's definitely a good start! Zero complaint on my part. Not that there isn't room for improvement, but the fact that they're acknowledging the need for a site-wide gold sink and that they're doing something about it is reason enough to celebrate.

Technically 3% isn't much--except most items sell for 5-10 billions now, so that additional 1% matters.

Shapeshifter

One SMALL step for gaia. One giant leap for nobody!

Seriously though its a start an thats better than just ignoring the issue.

The Frogger's Pardner

Man-Hungry Pirate

15,025 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Great, in another four years maybe they'll up it another 1%. True progress!

Granted, when the tax was implemented we all said "It won't work!"
It did though.

Too late now?

Ruthless Capitalist

The Gold wasn't being sinked to begin with
Everytime Flynn Ends a New 30bill Generator comes out
It's like cutting a Lizards tail off its just going to grow back

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Do you think it will actually make a difference with Gaias current inflation?
No.

Do you think the tax should be higher or would it drive people to the exchange more?
Those people probably would go to the Exchange anyway.

What Gaia doesn't seem to get about hyperinflation: Questing items might be a pain, but deleting your wishlist is free.

Supportive Member

14,700 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
5% would have been a lot better. This extra 1% percent is like them shrugging their shoulders and giving a half hearted "oops"

Slumbering Tengu

It probably won't change much
but eh, I guess it's better than nothing
1% shouldn't upset too many people

bbetularia's Husband

Naughty Nymph

20,700 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Magical Girl 50
It's a rather weak gesture and while it will help sink a teensy bit more gold, it's not going to make a noticeable difference at all if they keep pumping out gold generators that have payouts in the billions (or gold generators at all). I don't blame people angry over the tax increase, it wouldn't have needed to happen if Gaia hadn't made such dumbass decisions.

Tiny Chibis's Partner In Crime

God Eater

Personally I'm kinda neutral since I'm more of a buyer than a seller in the MP. And the economy portion of it all was never a strong point for me. It's really not going to make me use the MP less.

But just in case I'm reenforicing my hiding space for impending shitstorms ninja

Tipsy Fairy

15,550 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
If they really wanted to help with gaia inflation, they'd stop with the gold generators. /facepalm

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff