Welcome to Gaia! ::

Who would win?

Azrael 0.36448598130841 36.4% [ 39 ]
The Sandman 0.63551401869159 63.6% [ 68 ]
Total Votes:[ 107 ]
1 2 3 >

clarion's King

Super Model

Please note that this idea is just for fun. Characters to pit together were arbitrarily chosen.
Continuity is stretched and altered since there isn't much back story at all for Chance Item NPCs.
Feel free to add any other facts about each character.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

gaia_star Ever wonder what would happen if our larger than life (RIG) NPCs went all out in a 1v1 battle to the death?
Who would come out on top?

gaia_star Who else would you like to see battle against each other?

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

User Image

Challenger: AzraelUser Image

First and foremost, he is a fallen angel; once considered a brilliant star.
i.e. had access and the experience of being on both sides.
User Image

Has the ability of flight and can create / control fire
User Image

Battled his way out of Hell Prison — the underworld's worst maximum security prison (granted with the help of a Gaian).
User Image

As a result (for what it's worth), he has proven to be stronger than Cerberus and Warden, who are the gate keepers of hell.
User ImageUser Image

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

User ImageChallenger: The Sandman

Ability to put people to sleep

Can physically consume ocular power
User ImageUser Image

Has the powers of Jack Frost and The Ringmaster
Speculated as Jack's eye:
User Image

The Ringer Master
User Image
After Sandman's doll revealed that she had a golden eye, people speculated that she had the Ring Master's greyed out eye, which explained why he has a scar.
Since Ringmaster still has that eye, it could be said that it was either replaced, or Sandman doesn't need the physical eye ball.

Has access to Fafnir the dragon, who can breath poison.
User ImageUser Image

And is therefore immune to toxic poisons.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ghostly Warrior

35,565 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
I believe Sandman would defeat Azrael. Speaking in RPG terms, Azrael is a full berserker that puts everything in strength and power. He would go with strong punches attempting to end the fight with one strike.
Sandman on the other hand, does crowd control. She makes everyone sleep thus giving fatigue to the enemy. Also she summons a boss monster that has poison breath, that's another debuff.
Sandman can easily dodge Azrael's attacks while releasing sleeping powder and making Fafnir release poison and fight him. Once Azrael is weak, she can steal his sight and finish him off. So Sandman comes out victorious because she uses strategy in battle rather than full frontal assault.

Dapper Flip-Flopper

Hmm tough one
my thoughts are its going to end via knock out or obliteration...
Azrael has quite the temper which I believe could be his key to being immune to the Sandmans sleeping powder(going by anime trivia on this one)

As for Fafnirs poison, well Azrael isn't exactly normal and neither is the Sandman so who knows in terms of immunity to poison plus the guy has been trapped in hell(there has got to be worse things than poison down there)

But its 50/50 Azrael is up against two mythical creatures or well could be depending on the circumstance

Friday 13th vs Lady Luck

Kaede vs Double rainbows Lisa

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
You're making me think of a gaia version of Celebrity Deathmatch! *Cues the theme of Celebrity Deathmatch*

I'll have to agree the Sandman would win against Azrael as the other person said with the same reasons as she could stop him dead in his tracks when putting him to sleep and she could just take his eyes in the instant if she wanted to.

Edit: As for who I wanted to see be pitted against each other..hm...That's a hard one for me since I don't know who I'd really love see going against each other to the death.

Angelic Nitemare

Zero the hunter
I believe Sandman would defeat Azrael. Speaking in RPG terms, Azrael is a full berserker that puts everything in strength and power. He would go with strong punches attempting to end the fight with one strike.
Sandman on the other hand, does crowd control. She makes everyone sleep thus giving fatigue to the enemy. Also she summons a boss monster that has poison breath, that's another debuff.
Sandman can easily dodge Azrael's attacks while releasing sleeping powder and making Fafnir release poison and fight him. Once Azrael is weak, she can steal his sight and finish him off. So Sandman comes out victorious because she uses strategy in battle rather than full frontal assault.

This is a pretty solid way of thinking about it.

Unless we include possible outside interference.

And my personal fave...

Spellcasting is not usually instant.

Being hit with a oak tree is. Think about it. How hard would it be to focus when your opponent decides a long game with a few boulders is a smart way to go?

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
*chants*
Two men enter...one man leaves...two men enter...one man leaves.....

I'd say Azrael would win, mostly because he probably has battle experience.

Who'd I like to see?
Meredith vs Ian

Death via calculatorrrrrrrRRRRR

Angelic Nitemare

Existential Existence
*chants*

Who'd I like to see?
Meredith vs Ian

Got one that might be a good match.

Edmund vs Mills. Sword vs Sword....

I get the feeling that'd be a great match.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
K4M

Friday 13th vs Lady Luck

These pairings would make a fun CI

1 vs other, pick a side. win or lose... dun dun dunnnn

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Ridley Starsmore
Existential Existence
*chants*

Who'd I like to see?
Meredith vs Ian

Edmund would win hands down talk2hand

There is simply no comparison pirate

Angelic Nitemare

Existential Existence
Ridley Starsmore
Existential Existence
*chants*

Who'd I like to see?
Meredith vs Ian

Probably...I mean, he scarred a vampire.

How do you even DO that?-lol-

Dapper Flip-Flopper

Existential Existence
K4M

Friday 13th vs Lady Luck

Gaia did do a fighting themed CI before perhaps this might inspire them to make another *chuckles* emotion_dowant

like betting? or?

Ghostly Warrior

35,565 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Ridley Starsmore
Zero the hunter

And my personal fave...

Being hit with a oak tree is. Think about it. How hard would it be to focus when your opponent decides a long game with a few boulders is a smart way to go?
True that and that's why Sandman has Fafnir. Imagine if you were fighting Sandman. You are ready to charge at her, when a freaking giant poison breathing dragon appears and attacks you. You won't be having time to focus enough on Sandman to stop her from throwing away the sleeping powder. Besides I am sure that the sleeping powder she uses can be created instantly without problem. Unlike spells, it believe it has no cast time.

Dapper Flip-Flopper

Ridley Starsmore
Existential Existence
Ridley Starsmore
Existential Existence
*chants*

Who'd I like to see?
Meredith vs Ian

Probably...I mean, he scarred a vampire.

How do you even DO that?-lol-
Quite easily if you remember what he was wearing when he had the summer camp event X___X Edmund in short shorts

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
K4M
Existential Existence
K4M

Friday 13th vs Lady Luck

Gaia did do a fighting themed CI before perhaps this might inspire them to make another *chuckles* emotion_dowant

like betting? or?

IDK (i remember there being a fighting themed items one before). but if they did it wasn't an NPC vs NPC game-play style one.

Angelic Nitemare

Zero the hunter
Ridley Starsmore
Zero the hunter

And my personal fave...

True that and that's why Sandman has Fafnir. Imagine if you were fighting Sandman. You are ready to charge at her, when a freaking giant poison breathing dragon appears and attacks you. You won't be having time to focus enough on Sandman to stop her from throwing away the sleeping powder. Besides I am sure that the sleeping powder she uses can be created instantly without problem. Unlike spells, it believe it has no cast time.
But you are forgetting a key detail. Azzy has pyrokinetic powers. Also no casting time. Couple that with his celestial nature, you assume he has the ability to sleep.

Not everything does.

I get the feeling the match would be a lot closer than many think it would be.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff