Welcome to Gaia! ::

Thoughts on CI Backgrounds?

I like em, and tend to buy em. 0.44318181818182 44.3% [ 39 ]
They're more like eye candy. I don't buy em. 0.32954545454545 33.0% [ 29 ]
I tend to look over them. I wouldn't use them. 0.22727272727273 22.7% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 88 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

Tipsy Reindeer

I sort of have a love/hate relationship with backgrounds. There are plenty that look nice and can complete a whole look... but they look odd in flash spaces and I really don't think a background or two is worth 100k or whatever they seem to go for after the CI leaves shop. I just don't.

I'm really kicking myself for not picking up a REMemories when they were cheaper... confused

So I didn't really notice that there weren't any strictly background items this time around. I prefer them in addition to other poses- like nice little extras, rather than as whole items themselves.

Magical Kitten

Its hard for me to use backgrounds without it feeling forced, but I do have several background items. I love looking at them, they're just gorgeous. I did notice the lack of backgrounds! Just the bathroom one, which was like, "uhh ok" and not "WOW SO GORGEOUS" like normally.

Seasonal Snack

13,650 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Party Animal 100
I love the background items that have been in the past few CIs so I was somewhat disappointed in the lack of one this time around. I can't always find a use for them, but they do sometimes help when I need inspiration for a new avi.
Hanafuda and REMories are two of my favorites.
Yes, I'd say it's a topic worth discussing. 3nodding

Reindeer

damn you are right, matey emotion_donotwant

i kind of am upset by this crying
i really liked like.. almost all the background items from the recent rigs ; w;
umm tbh i still own all of them except for one from forgotten reverie + the january rig

Formal Elocutionist

tinyko
Its hard for me to use backgrounds without it feeling forced.

Usually the world around you will inspire the character you create. It's what I love about backgrounds the most. Because your take on it, might be entirely different than someone elses.
Or it might be the same. And there you have it! Your avatars look good with one another. It's just a neat feeling to have.

Perfect Saint

Not that big a fame of backgrounds, but I will use some if the look calls for it.

Time-traveling Senshi

My use of backgrounds depends on how well they work or don't work with the PNT-BKT item. I love how that will cut some of the backgrounds off and turn them into the perfect little retro photo. From the monthly boxes I'm kind of partial to the Scenic Quest.

Stellar Succubus

The quest and journey ones, though I don't own them yet.

Oh and that ruins one, the ... oh I can't remember the name, but it's a ruined castle and is still relatively expensive. Loveliness!

Dainty Doll

I love the backgrounds, I'm a little sad there weren't more in the RIG.
I think the good thing about backgrounds here on Gaia is that they seem to age better than most items. Many items from even a year or two ago seem lower in quality than more recent offerings (which is only to be expected, of course).

But a lot of the older backgrounds are still gorgeous and seem very high quality. For example, the backgrounds from Spartan Queen (2010) and Kelp of the Loch (from 2008!) still hold up well and look very lovely and well done, IMO.

So, yeah... sorry if that was a little off-topic. sweatdrop

As for my favourites, it's hard to narrow it down for me, but Lexxon's Garden, Sawyer and Finn and, of course, Scenic Quest are all up there.

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
Not a fan of many BGs from CIs so yeah I did not care much about not seeing any in this one. I only have a few favs for BGs anyway.

Dantrech's Princess

Demure Trash

I adore BG items!!! I wish they had add one to this RIG >.<
I always tend to buy them, my fav is still Overgrown Ruins
heart heart

also the BG's from goblins RIG, they're gorgeous!!!!

Aged Misfit

I do not like backgrounds for the simple fact that you look like you're walking in a box in Flash areas (particularly zOMG).
But that doesn't mean that they are bad. I've seen some very creative avis using backgrounds very well.

Formal Elocutionist

Draconic Oni
I do not like backgrounds for the simple fact that you look like you're walking in a box in Flash areas (particularly zOMG).
But that doesn't mean that they are bad. I've seen some very creative avis using backgrounds very well.

I think it's just, that it is simply not how their supposed to be used.

Thieving Lunatic

You need another option in the poll for people like me--I love backgrounds, but I rarely use them.

Formal Elocutionist

Akiralta
You need another option in the poll for people like me--I love backgrounds, but I rarely use them.

The poll is more triggered toward users buying or not buying, rather than using or not using. Youre right, I should've added more options, with the way I worded the poll. But I didn't want the votes going every which way, with no clear definition if Backgrounds should continue being a big thing in our CI's.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff