Welcome to Gaia! ::

Thoughts on CI Backgrounds?

I like em, and tend to buy em. 0.44318181818182 44.3% [ 39 ]
They're more like eye candy. I don't buy em. 0.32954545454545 33.0% [ 29 ]
I tend to look over them. I wouldn't use them. 0.22727272727273 22.7% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 88 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

Magic Hobo

Oh, dip, I didn't notice that. Man, opportunity missed there. We coulda used a nice horrific background this RIG.

I love background items. I have a bunch of them. I think my favorite is Hanafuda, but I get more use out of Warzones and Centre de la Terre.

Cluttered Browser

26,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Mikaino
I did notice the lack of Backgrounds. Like, woohoo. A bathroom. That'd be good for a Harry Potter cosplay. rofl

I much prefer pretty sceneries. D:

Who says bathrooms cant be pretty? emotion_dealwithit

Thieving Lunatic

TINSTAAFL
Akiralta
You need another option in the poll for people like me--I love backgrounds, but I rarely use them.

The poll is more triggered toward users buying or not buying, rather than using or not using. Youre right, I should've added more options, with the way I worded the poll. But I didn't want the votes going every which way, with no clear definition if Backgrounds should continue being a big thing in our CI's.

A valid enough point. For me, it's always a balance of how much I think I'll use the background weighed against how much I think I'll use the other items I could buy with the same gold. The background rarely wins if it's over 50k. Which mostly means that I'm cheap.

Durem Mage

59,325 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cookie Collector 400
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
I did notice that, as that's one of the things I look forward to when a new RIG comes out! I just love whenever we get some new backgrounds, whether it's from a RIG, CS bundle, or REI/EI!!
Favorite background, how do I narrow down that list? My favorites are; Hanafuda, Lunar Celebration, Epic Journey, Scenic Quest, REMemories, the Modus Dark Room, Stellerscapes, Keiko's kitchen, Derelict Cityscapes, Nihonzaru onsen, Quaint Neighborhood, and Prince of the Sea has amazing backgrounds!! emotion_kirakira
Backgrounds I would like to see. I know I made a thread in the SF back in August about this. I would like to see backgrounds of; around the home, places to eat, places to hang out, vacation & international, job, historical, places to go, etc. One background that's at the top of the list is of a candy store!! heart

Dapper Flip-Flopper

I'd like to see a gigantic deatheater background like the huge skull eating my avie(make it an animated background)

Formal Elocutionist

Serene Rainstorm
I did notice that, as that's one of the things I look forward to when a new RIG comes out! I just love whenever we get some new backgrounds, whether it's from a RIG, CS bundle, or REI/EI!!
Favorite background, how do I narrow down that list? My favorites are; Hanafuda, Lunar Celebration, Epic Journey, Scenic Quest, REMemories, the Modus Dark Room, Stellerscapes, Keiko's kitchen, Derelict Cityscapes, Nihonzaru onsen, Quaint Neighborhood, and Prince of the Sea has amazing backgrounds!! emotion_kirakira
Backgrounds I would like to see. I know I made a thread in the SF back in August about this. I would like to see backgrounds of; around the home, places to eat, places to hang out, vacation & international, job, historical, places to go, etc. One background that's at the top of the list is of a candy store!! heart

Since you mentioned candy store. I was wondering how a Gingerbread House background would make users feel. Good idea?

Hesitant Mystic

Background items are one of my favorite things.
I don't care if I never use them, I MUST COLLECT THEM ALL scream

I was a little disappointed at the lack of them this time around. But this RIG generally felt kind of old school, (not in a bad way) so I'll let it slide this time, gaia.

This time. stare

Sugary Sweetheart

i don't really use backgrounds, so that might be why i didn't notice the lack of them lately.

only CI background i like is Derelict Cityscapes. cute colors and i love the city pose.

Durem Mage

59,325 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cookie Collector 400
TINSTAAFL
Serene Rainstorm

Since you mentioned candy store. I was wondering how a Gingerbread House background would make users feel. Good idea?

I would love a Gingerbread House background!!! emotion_kirakira I hope we get one in December! I would snatch that up in a heartbeat! heart

Formal Elocutionist

teaparty in space
Background items are one of my favorite things.
I don't care if I never use them, I MUST COLLECT THEM ALL scream

I was a little disappointed at the lack of them this time around. But this RIG generally felt kind of old school, (not in a bad way) so I'll let it slide this time, gaia.

This time. stare

The oldschool engine mechanic was nice. Up until I realised my winnings were soulbound... Cause I usually sell my winnings. Atleast I understand the reason why they did this. It may very well end up being a rare CI in the end. I'm investing in a bundle.

Oneirose Ashwalker's Significant Otter

Smitten Kitten

18,475 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Magical Girl 50
I would have loved a seasonal background. We had a pumpkin item, so why not a pumpkin patch. I would also have loved one with trees in Autumn colors, a fall festival, an apple orchard, or one with a neighborhood/house decorated for Halloween for trick or treating avatars.

Durem Mage

59,325 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cookie Collector 400
The Abuse of Love
I would have loved a seasonal background. We had a pumpkin item, so why not a pumpkin patch. I would also have loved one with trees in Autumn colors, a fall festival, an apple orchard, or one with a neighborhood/house decorated for Halloween for trick or treating avatars.

Yes to all of those backgrounds!! emotion_dowant

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

Epic Journey (Tavern) is a preference of mine for the reason that it resembles the area of the Dinner scene in Rocky. blaugh I also love how the Overgrown Ruins background looks, and I just picked up the lovely Overgrown City for a mere 20k. o.o Even though it is an MC, Night Weaver (Moonlit River) is absolutely divine and it is now the set background for my "Mother Magenta" look.

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

Lavish Lunatic

Usually I find backgrounds to take away from the avatar, so I don't really use them.

I do like them though. So I guess we should indeed get more of them!
I'd personally like some more historically inspired rooms.

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Pirate Captain Sushi
There's no rainbow items either, but you don't see me complaining.
Except the BG items have been in most RIGs this year and are far more useful than a rainbow item, even though I love rainbow.
Also we DID get a rainbowish item.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces