Welcome to Gaia! ::

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Not the front page you see after you login but the Page you see before you login.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

We can't see that page right now while we are logged in so Salathielly provided a screenshot to show it. This is what people see before they login. This is what potential new members see.

The obvious flaw...? ZOMG! is there. Zomg! is gone now.

I think we could use a massive overhaul on those nearly outdated avatar examples as well. I think it would be interesting if there was a transition where, for months or a year, the current avatars were updated with newer items. Newer versions of the same avatars. I don't know how to word this clearly but I hope you get it.

What would you like featured on the front page?

Should tabs for things like Forum be returned?

What would you like example avatars to be wearing?

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
What would you like featured on the front page?
A mix of the older and newer features.
Screenshots of Towns 2, Fishing, Tiles, and Slots?

Should tabs for things like Forum be returned?
Since it is a forum site, it would make sense to put it on the homepage.
I'd like to see guilds on there too if possible.

What would you like example avatars to be wearing?
A mix of gold shop, event items, and cash items.
I don't want it to just solely be cash s**t. Show a little bit of everything.

Valiant Jackling

A few month ago I made a recommendation in the SF about having a lotto or contest to allow users to create avatars for the front page. Wish Gaia would do it. It would get the community involved in something fun and simple, and it would benefit the facade (Welcoming Beacon) of the site.

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

Adding the image under a spoiler so that I can refer to it:

User Image

I'd agree that the avatars displayed should showcase a wider variety of their more current items. They don't even have a Paws avatar represented. It would be nice if they would use both cash shop and gold shop items, though that might not be possible.

zOMG! does need to be removed. It would be neat if they mentioned some other areas of the site - as others have said, screenshots of some of their flash spaces would be nice, as those are a big draw for some people who prefer chatting in those to posting in forums.

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Salathielly

User Image

I'd agree that the avatars displayed should showcase a wider variety of their more current items. They don't even have a Paws avatar represented. It would be nice if they would use both cash shop and gold shop items, though that might not be possible.

zOMG! does need to be removed. It would be neat if they mentioned some other areas of the site - as others have said, screenshots of some of their flash spaces would be nice, as those are a big draw for some people who prefer chatting in those to posting in forums.

May I use your Screenshot so that I can remove the link to an interactive fake frontpage?

headsprout's Wife

Crumbly Bum

I'd like to see the front page look more modern. I dunno, the current one looks kinda outdated and childish to me. I'd prefer something simple and minimalist, like maybe just a Gaia logo and/or a random featured avatar or a silhouette of an avatar, with the usual boxes for our usernames and pw.

Yeah it definitely needs an update.

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

Sailor Tin Nyanko
Salathielly

User Image

May I use your Screenshot so that I can remove the link to an interactive fake frontpage?

Please be my guest! It's uploaded to my Photobucket account, so you can either use that link or save it and upload it to a site of your choice. :3

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
little bunnies
I'd like to see the front page look more modern. I dunno, the current one looks kinda outdated and childish to me. I'd prefer something simple and minimalist, like maybe just a Gaia logo and/or a random featured avatar or a silhouette of an avatar, with the usual boxes for our usernames and pw.

Yeah it definitely needs an update.

For several years the Front Page focused on and was dominated by something where people could make an avatar using the default bases, eyes, hair, and maybe pick between clothes colors.

You could navigate every area of the site through the tabs without signing in or being a member.

This was a time when we had a higher rate of real New Members and we had more Active Users online.

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Salathielly
Sailor Tin Nyanko
Salathielly

User Image

Please be my guest! It's uploaded to my Photobucket account, so you can either use that link or save it and upload it to a site of your choice. :3

Thank You! I may upload it to TinyPic so it has no weight on either of our Photobucket accounts.

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

Sailor Tin Nyanko

Thank You! I may upload it to TinyPic so it has no weight on either of our Photobucket accounts.

I don't mind either way, though my Photobucket account is nowhere near full. xD

headsprout's Wife

Crumbly Bum

Sailor Tin Nyanko
For several years the Front Page focused on and was dominated by something where people could make an avatar using the default bases, eyes, hair, and maybe pick between clothes colors.

You could navigate every area of the site through the tabs without signing in or being a member.

This was a time when we had a higher rate of real New Members and we had more Active Users online.
Oh, I did not know that.

I think what I'm envisioning is kind of like the tumblr front page, but I don't know how Gaia could do a similar minimalist design without looking like a rip-off.

Do you remember the Big Red Button, or is that just me? : D

xRedHatx's Wife

Original Grunny

26,065 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Generous 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Yeah, it definitely needs to be updated. The paw avatars should be represented and zomg taken off the list. I think they should change the colors and make it more modern.

BigHatt's Rival

Acidic Fox

52,025 Points
  • I'm A Potato 500
  • Tainted Angel 500
  • Double Orobouros 500
little bunnies
minimalist design

It's all opinions, but I think Gaia would benefit more from the opposite- like any avatar/MMO site, I'd rather see more than less without having to dig around for that information. See what the avatars really look like, what features there are, etc. If all I see is full manga body shots, but no true idea what's up, that turns me away from some sites.

While the current page is a little out of date, it is still appreciated for doing just what it needs to. "These are our avatars, these are some of our major features, feel like joining?" It lets someone passing by know what to expect in short order.

Creeper Bunny

What everyone else said.

And my inner b*tch cynic is comically questioning whether that "one of the biggest forum sites" is still true. But really, nobody takes take chunk of text that seriously most of the time.

Dragon Storyteller

52,425 Points
  • Heart of a Dragon 500
  • Embrace of Destiny 500
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
I'd love to see a more updated representation. I wouldn't want super-rich avatars displayed, but I'd like to see a soft mix of the creativity and the newer capabilities of our avatars.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff