Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've always hated that dreamy fantasy world bg
Avatars in little squares or something else simple'd look so much better

They could do something like the shops and have the last few saved avatars alternate the spaces
Or to breathe life into a dead thing, the arena winners!

Tiny Pumpkin

I want to see some Paw avatars featured. heart

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Anti-Ling

They could do something like the shops and have the last few saved avatars alternate the spaces

The Avatars you see in shop are specific people/users.

The users don't actually change.

The users just change their avatars.

I feel that some times people pour items on them for free to assist them in making avatars.

I'm having trouble thinking with all this yelling and fighting in real life.

I miss that make your own avatar type thingy but it didn't feature good items and variety.

*can't think with fighting*

Maybe... something... to click through examples.

Can't think words... too noisy.

They'd need categories probably. Like Anime Inspired, Supernatural, Scifi,... I can't think well enough right now.

It's those social areas that draw some people in. So something that leads to Group Shots in Towns 2 may be helpful.

Like that Neko Nook would help a lot.

Artiistic's Significant Otter

Angelic Demigod

19,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Can we bring back the big red button?
Sailor Tin Nyanko
Anti-Ling

The Avatars you see in shop are specific people/users.
U
The users don't actually change.

The users just change their avatars.

I feel that some times people pour items on them for free to assist them in making avatars.

I'm having trouble thinking with all this yelling and fighting in real life.

I miss that make your own avatar type thingy but it didn't feature good items and variety.

*can't think with fighting*

Maybe... something... to click through examples.

Can't think words... too noisy.

They'd need categories probably. Like Anime Inspired, Supernatural, Scifi,... I can't think well enough right now.

It's those social areas that draw some people in. So something that leads to Group Shots in Towns 2 may be helpful.

Like that Neko Nook would help a lot.

surprised
I never realized that was how the shops worked (that or I completely forgot)
Having the arena winners there might get enough people back into the arenas to show a little more variety
But maybe not enough cost-wise
I dunno... I just think regular rotation would be cool! Like that one thing that shows the latest posts I can't remember the name I of!

Stay safe
It's cool if you're too stressed to reply
or if it helps to talk
either's cool

Sexy Exhibitionist

13,125 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Damn, how long has that been up? I remember when they changed it. First it was something that hung around for a long time, then it was a giant globe and now this one. So many landing pages sweatdrop

I agree, an overhaul does need to be done, not just on the avatars but the actual words they are using. When i joined gaia i had no idea what a forum was (didn't have internet for the longest time) They should talk more about the community, because thats whats going to draw people in, not creating a cute aquarium...

~Eva

Aged Zealot

User Image
What would you like featured on the front page?
Along with things like Towns 2, profiles and switchem should be shown. People love those tile match games.

Should tabs for things like Forum be returned?
Yeah, because it is a forum based website. The flash games should be secondary to the community and avatar prospects that seem to draw most people in.

What would you like example avatars to be wearing?
Not those old school items they wear now. It's just a terrible example of what you can do with avatars. Have a contest for people to submit avatars that look good and draw in customers!

Questionable Warlord

I remember when we had this:
User Image

Even the one after that and the reeeally old Gaia landing page had art. I think our new landing/front page should have art again! They need to replace the old avatars with new fancy ones or with cosplay avatars. Perhaps also have screenshots from the holiday events and of course towns.

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
I know people have been suggesting contest for avatars.

The problem is they have something like that now. They give the user's name. As a result people are able to locate those users. There are times they are hacked or phished.

This doesn't mean there can't be contest... just Gaia needs to avoid putting the names on the Front Page.

Also, newbies would be pestering them constantly.

Zack Mcdol's Widow

Dedicated Dabbler

17,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100

Um, it's going to be a bit before they can take that down without making it obvious something's missing. I'll give them a month, and even that might be stingy.

I feel this current page is too "closed" for a lack of a better word. I want to be more... "open".

PUTTING THAT LIT DEGREE TO GOOD USE

Blessed Healer

It's needed an update on the avatar side alone for a long while now. And it would be nice to update the features it showcases as well. 3nodding
As for the design, I personally can't stand the "minimalist" look that's all the rage right now when I'm looking at a site for the first time. I want a front page to give me an overview of what they're about and a way for me to find more information if I want. I feel like our page now does that, it just needs a facelift. ninja
Monster Galaxy's been gone for ages now too, but they never did update the front page to get rid of the screenshot of it under the Games section... so I can't really say I have high hopes for them updating it anytime soon.

I think if they want a more accurate and honest front page, they should scrap the current front page and make a new one that basically just focuses on advertising the forums and the avatar system and items, since that's their main priority.

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Wow, I overlooked some things myself.

I didn't notice things like Monster Galaxy.

The list of links vanish from my vision... I just overlook them.

Now that I am thinking about games, I guess Gaia doesn't have as much to offer as it used to.

I do think Towns 2.0 and a Screenshot of maybe Neko Nook would help. I'm sure I have said that before. Many games mostly have some main gameplay and you don't see the areas where Avatars can interact and people own Homes.

Having a customizable Home has often been a big seller and made the difference when people selected a game to devote time to.

Unfortunately, requirements to open and upgrade your home are broken for the majority of users. They have been bugged for years. There is some issue when you try to upgrade your house size on Gaia's Website. It just hangs and never processes. I forget which combos of OS and Browser are actually working with that.

There are also some issues in the transition to games. They added advertisements. Some users can't get through that. I have an issue with a couple of the games where the game will not work properly after that. Like with Fishing. Things load but not entirely and it won't let me play. I can get into a room some times and see my avatar at the top of the screen but that's it.

Current Gaians aren't wow'd with games any more and most have forgotten or don't know about houses. Even those who know about Towns 2 may not know about or remember Houses.

I wonder if Gaia could use Aquarium as some sort of blueprint to make some interactive pets. xp

Enduring Loiterer

14,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Big Tipper 100
Oh hohoho, you want to talk about outdated? Check this page out. I'd screenshot it, but there's a lot going on. You just kind of have to stare into the abyss and soak it all in.

What is that page, you ask? Well you see, when new users (or users who don't have the little alerts turned off in their account settings) get those little yellow text lines that alert them when they earn piddly amounts of gold for posting or browsing or what have you, if you click the text it sends you to that page to learn more.

How old is this page? Well besides the gold payout for recommending a friend being grossly wrong, besides using the old design for Daily Chance, besides the fact that one of the ways they suggest to earn gold is hitting trees and rocks in (oldschool) Towns, check out whose smiling face is advertising the cash shop- Flynn.

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Frothy
Oh hohoho, you want to talk about outdated? Check this page out. I'd screenshot it, but there's a lot going on. You just kind of have to stare into the abyss and soak it all in.

What is that page, you ask? Well you see, when new users (or users who don't have the little alerts turned off in their account settings) get those little yellow text lines that alert them when they earn piddly amounts of gold for posting or browsing or what have you, if you click the text it sends you to that page to learn more.

How old is this page? Well besides the gold payout for recommending a friend being grossly wrong, besides using the old design for Daily Chance, besides the fact that one of the ways they suggest to earn gold is hitting trees and rocks in (oldschool) Towns, check out whose smiling face is advertising the cash shop- Flynn.

Yeah, I was looking at that the other day.

I noticed a couple links weren't working. Like the Arenas one.

You can get to that page by clicking on your gold total at any time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff