Welcome to Gaia! ::

Have You Learned Anything From This Website?

Yes. 0.38202247191011 38.2% [ 34 ]
No. 0.1123595505618 11.2% [ 10 ]
A Little. 0.32584269662921 32.6% [ 29 ]
It's Just a Website. You Are Taking It Too Seriously. 0.17977528089888 18.0% [ 16 ]
Total Votes:[ 89 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
Yes, it has taught me that some people are ******** stupid and it's better to just smile and walk away than to waste your time with them.

I now see that some of the "annoying" people I meet offline are actually not as bad compared to what you can find on the internet.

It has been a really eye opening lesson.

Omnipresent Rabbit

30,750 Points
  • Energy Harvester 150
  • Married 100
  • Striking Knight 150
Hmm maybe not gaia's site entirely but I learned:

a) If you aren't happy and you aren't having fun you should learn to bow out of anything. As you aren't doing it any good with your negativity; the site (insert any activity here) or yourself. And it's always better to visit later out of nostalgia then to be embittered and joining in because of routine and the subconscious need to ruin another person's time.

In the process making yourself look like a jerk.

b) People can ruin everything, and generally are the source of ruin on many occasions.

c) No matter how you present yourself people will just assume you are what you are not as the written word is ALWAYS interpreted by the reader and not the writer. ^_^

d) There are and always will be a differing opinion to your own, and people never know what they want (myself included). That said I never want to have to please so many people as Gaia does right now as that is quite an impossible feat.

e) Mob mentality against a concept or thing is rather scary and ugly (like people getting up in arms over gold gens. They do realize by showing them attention and practically advertising them everywhere; that they are in fact having the opposite impact then what they want.)

f) Which brings me to the last thought, Negative publicity is still publicity.
You don't like something, ignore it until it goes away. You'll find your time spent a little more wisely, and your outlook a little more optimistic and FUN! ^_________^

Shameless Advertisement: Gaia you need to give me an item arranger that works! Now if that was in everyone's sigs, posts, and threads maybe we'd have an item arranger.
But instead all the focus on gold gens *rolls eyes* and fake economy.

Wheezing Member

...That there are actually people that get let out of business school a bit too early
lol

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
wink Everyone has a right to have their secret identity, even just in pixels.

Leader

I can answer that type of questions but after somebody ask me from nothing it's hard to think about the answer.

Alien Invader

My experiences on Gaia sometimes remind me of experiences I've had through working in customer service where I learned that a lot of people are just genuinely daft. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people sort of "play dumb" just to prove their point...well, maybe that doesn't happen as often as I thought. Maybe they are really just kinda dumb. emotion_facepalm
It used to make me a bit angry when I was younger, but I've adopted more of a "awww, you poor thing" attitude.

When someone gives you nonsense online or in real life--don't be mad, pity them ! rofl

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all! It's helped me out of scrapes here, and certainly in real life.

Aged Hoarder

I've learned no matter how happy you are with your own art style, there was always be someone telling to "keep at it, you're almost there!" as if there's only one end-goal to learning to draw/color.
Yeah, nothing last forever or stays the same. Friends come and go.

shruikan's Significant Otter

Man-Hungry Shapeshifter

24,990 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Hiss of Love 200
Gaia taught me that you don't choose the thug life, the thug life chooses you.

Also, color coordination.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
That's nice you learned that. Yes Gaia has taught me a few lessons. It's helped me talk to people a little easier, although I'm still really shy. I'm also able to stand up for myself a little more. I like pink because of Gaia for some reason now. It's also interesting to know that inflation on Gaia and how people react isn't much different from what happens in real life. I think friends who are still there despite what stupid stuff I have done or could do, makes me value their friendships. It's fun getting their advice on different matters and helping them back as well, even with homework. There have even been a few developers I've befriended that have helped me with more mature advice about just general life stuff that has helped me quite a bit.

Widower

Nostalgic Waffles

14,415 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Invisibility 100
Don't trust/believe someone(whom you just met) that claims that need one of your item to pay back some other person with the promise that they would somehow make your item back. You learn your lessons the hard way. : I

Devoted Heckler

Confirmation of most things I already thought/knew about human nature.

I trust and respect authority even less now. Whilst what Abbacus said is true (most "wrongful" bans are lies), there are a lot of petty, immature, and incompetent people in positions of authority.
At least it equipped with enough experience to deal with small-dicked jobsworths IRL.

I also "learned" that being polite, demure, kissing-arse, and "knowing your place" is the way for most people to get along in life. It's not a lesson I particularly heed but Gaia is good at reminding me it's working for other people. The performing arts industry is even more "it's who you know..." than even I could have anticipated but still pales in comparison to Gaia. Very much as on here, I have accepted I may have to make a compromise "success" for my principles.

Schlaghund's Princess

Sweetest Delight

58,900 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Sunny Side Up 100
TINSTAAFL

"There is no such thing as a free lunch".

Specifically, there is no such thing as a free-to-play website.

Lunatic

People tend to be hypocrites I'm afraid but that's life I suppose. sweatdrop I know I am blunt but if a generalization or discussing about my experiences and what I've observed as a (newer) user hits too close to home (and gets you ignored xd ) then the problem lies with that other user. I then wonder what their behavior and attitudes does for the community as a whole. Gaia staff are doing no service to this site but then there's some users who are not either...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff