Ruthless Consumer

9,050 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Voter 100
i made an account on that site.
i remember my username and everything,
but i was so confused while i was there,
even though i had chrome, and things were translated.

it must be unfortunate to anyone who went there regularly.
doesn't affect me in the least though.

Mewling Inquisitor

10,700 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
Yen Quest
Miss-dark8607
Didn't it also run into some issues because at least one girl ran off with a suspected ***** and the news blamed this Gaia instead? (I slightly remember the SF thread about it)
I believe it was more of a separate site, something about being environmental friendly and educational one. Whoever did the news/blog/journal/etc mistook it for this gaiaonline since the url is so similar (well, "gaia" being pretty generic as well).

I assume the girl & the ***** were both from China?

Relentless Glitch

frozen_flames06
so if it is gone...I wonder what will happen to their NPCs?
Not slave labor, I hope. sad
They were well drawn.

Chital's Husband

Noob

I have some original usernames on that site. And some very nice items too. crying
But oh well I don't care too much, since I can't read anything over there.

Feisty Buddy

18,025 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Redecorator 50
  • ReAnimated 50
Natsumi Kawahama
frozen_flames06
so if it is gone...I wonder what will happen to their NPCs?
Not slave labor, I hope. sad
They were well drawn.

That is true...maybe they will be brought over here in a RIG/event?

Tiny Shapeshifter

SavageLamb
I assume the girl & the ***** were both from China?
Don't remember it being China related. It was something like, meeting up with a guy in an US airport that was heading out to another western country (I probably remembered wrong, but I know for sure that it dealt with western countries rather than eastern). Maybe we are talking about two separate incidents, both dealt with the other sites, which was then mistaken for this Gaia by fail research.

Hopeful Girl

Michelle Chiba
How did you manage to log on to your account? I saw you post with it. eek

Celestial Star

45,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100
Odd Cinderella
Michelle Chiba
I didn't. I had old pics from Gonline website and save my avi from there and put in photobucket when Gonline was popular. BTW, my friend was admin for short while and I helping her test a few things.

Hopeful Girl

Michelle Chiba
Odd Cinderella
Michelle Chiba
I didn't. I had old pics from Gonline website and save my avi from there and put in photobucket when Gonline was popular. BTW, my friend was admin for short while and I helping her test a few things.
I too had an account

Sparkly Perfectionist

ahh that sucks, I know a friend of mine had account with them XD I used to like laughing at the similarities/differences between the items.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Were the supposedly Edmund and Ian counterparts actually named Edmund and Ian? Or are people just assigning these roles to them?

The so-called "Edmund" one is... nothing like Edmund from what I can tell, and the "Ian" one is just blond which Ian used to be. I'm not really getting where this is coming from I guess.

Devoted Loiterer

Jam-Gloom
ahh that sucks, I know a friend of mine had account with them XD I used to like laughing at the similarities/differences between the items.
why wouldn't there be similarities? It was Gaia's sister site. Same avatars and everything

Devoted Loiterer

Lazarus Larkin
Were the supposedly Edmund and Ian counterparts actually named Edmund and Ian? Or are people just assigning these roles to them?

The so-called "Edmund" one is... nothing like Edmund from what I can tell, and the "Ian" one is just blond which Ian used to be. I'm not really getting where this is coming from I guess.
Wikipedia. Learn it. Love it. Live it. maybe it's a younger Edmund. They're counterparts. They're supposed to look kinda different.

I still don't know who who the grey haired girls are supposed to be counterparts of. I like them

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
...you could just answer my question >.>

And that link isn't even to Wikipedia, it's to the Gaia Wiki, which I had no idea had stuff about GoOnline or whatever on it.

Devoted Loiterer

PlMPED
i made an account on that site.
i remember my username and everything,
but i was so confused while i was there,
even though i had chrome, and things were translated.

it must be unfortunate to anyone who went there regularly.
doesn't affect me in the least though.
i remember being confused too. I think a lot of the english speakers were encouraged to stay in one forum, after everyone discovered it and migrated over there. So that should've made things easier, even if the entire site was in Chinese.
i agree. Especially if three wasn't a warning that the site would be changed so dramatically, like that

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff