Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revered Inquisitor

Twisted Lady
Except you can buy almost every single item on the site with gold. It might take a lot of gold, but you can buy everything without spending a penny of real money. And for the few items that can't be sold in the marketplace, it's because they're soulbound to those accounts and you wouldn't be able to buy them with cash anyways.

User Image

User Image

" While I agree with most of your sentiment wholeheartedly, I must make one point on this.

An individual can buy nearly any item with gold on this site, however, a good majority of the recent released items require someone to purchase them with real money first; so, just because you, an individual, can use gold to get said items, it does not mean that the manner of attaining the items is solely through gold purchases.

It isn't just whether you can buy and sell the items on the MP, IMO, but how said items are put into circulation on this site; right now, a majority of said items, especially the good quality ones (My mental definition of quality) are only put into circulation by someone first spending real money on them.

All I get from this is that if you want really good items, someone, somewhere has to dish out real money for them... That is what I find sad about the whole situation.

I get that gaia is a business, and they need money to survive... but, it doesn't feel right to me to have very few high quality items put into circulation by gold purchases, i.e. without spending real money.

That said, I am happy that the site is indeed making money and going to continue to exist. Just my two cents on it."

Guys, seriously... if there is a thread or a post around here that you don't like... leave it be. Spreading hate and trolling people has no place in this community. Certain people may have been in the wrong, but when you troll or hate on them you get in the wrong too. Don't prolong it or add to it; let it go. If it is blatant trolling, a misplaced thread or anything that violates the ToS, report it and move along. Don't feed the trolls and don't add to the hatred. This is a nice, clean and happy community. Please, don't dirty it.

I am Gavyn the Mighty and I approve of this message.

Art by Samanthai

Devoted Heckler

Wtf is 'Club Penguin'? stare

Artiistic's Significant Otter

Angelic Demigod

19,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Halleloo
Adnama Lavode
Brothel coming soon. lol

User Image

Now presenting: The REAL Gaians Gone Wild!

I'd pay for that lol

Angelic Blob

Fanny Flaps
Wtf is 'Club Penguin'? stare

There's a wiki for that.

Unstoppable Krampus

Also I'd like to point out that the picture people are talking about has actually been in the Downloads page since 2008. It's not new art that was created to advertise a new project, it's just an old piece that's been reused.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces