Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nerdy Oatmeal's Partner

High-functioning Phantom

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Mizuiro
Yeah, I've had to really look around and remind myself that the site has actually improved in a lot of ways. Really, it's just the users that have changed. Gaia has become a bit cash hungry now, but that's kind of what it takes to stay afloat too. Which is what we want.

Gaia isn't as cash hungry as they were when 2013 came around, and they started releasing and re-releasing Flynn's Booty. If they still are as cash hungry as they were back then, they do a pretty good job of covering it up now. I'm actually really glad with the direction Gaia's heading in. I used to dread the future of Gaia because I thought the annoying announcements and gold generators would never stop. Now, the gold generators aren't as bad as they were, and the irritating announcements have died down.

I remember reading the link to that in one of your other threads. I joined in 2012, so I definitely wouldn't have been able to post my first year memories lol. Still, I found it really awesome to read actual users' opinions and to see so many of the features that we just take for granted nowadays when they were first introduced. It's really personal, and I like it. :3

Naughty Rabbit

Sweater Panda
Mizuiro
Yeah, I've had to really look around and remind myself that the site has actually improved in a lot of ways. Really, it's just the users that have changed. Gaia has become a bit cash hungry now, but that's kind of what it takes to stay afloat too. Which is what we want.

Gaia isn't as cash hungry as they were when 2013 came around, and they started releasing and re-releasing Flynn's Booty. If they still are as cash hungry as they were back then, they do a pretty good job of covering it up now. I'm actually really glad with the direction Gaia's heading in. I used to dread the future of Gaia because I thought the annoying announcements and gold generators would never stop. Now, the gold generators aren't as bad as they were, and the irritating announcements have died down.

I remember reading the link to that in one of your other threads. I joined in 2012, so I definitely wouldn't have been able to post my first year memories lol. Still, I found it really awesome to read actual users' opinions and to see so many of the features that we just take for granted nowadays when they were first introduced. It's really personal, and I like it. :3
It's still cool to hear how much Gaia has changed even in the time since you joined (though 3 years is nothing to scoff at!). Users should probably make more of those kinda of threads once a year, just so sentimental people like me have something to look back on fondly. whee

musapan's Wife

Original Gaian

Sweater Panda
Mizuiro

I'm glad you enjoyed it, that's exactly why we made the thread, we had no idea it would be twelve years later though!

I would love to read something like this about the years I missed, and ones I didn't.

Garbage

*singing off-key* MeeeeeeEEEeeeEeeEEEmorieeeeees~

Gaia u so old, ilu crying

musapan's Wife

Original Gaian

Cassidy Peterson

Cassidy! waves frantically 4laugh

Garbage

Mizuiro
Cassidy Peterson

Mizuuuuuu 4laugh

musapan's Wife

Original Gaian

Cassidy Peterson
Mizuiro
Cassidy Peterson

Mizuuuuuu 4laugh

I'm amazed at how many users have stuck around!

Garbage

Mizuiro
I'm amazed at how many users have stuck around!
Yeah sometimes I'll wander away for a couple months but I always come back 3nodding

pixolotl's Stud

Dominant Darling

16,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
No one will ever convince me you told a lie.

It's interesting to look back at a time when I wasn't around. Most of those memories I only know of because of talk, but I never witnessed them. Still, being around for so long and to hear people constantly reminisce makes me feel as if I were there.

Moriarty was REAL!

musapan's Wife

Original Gaian

adorabah
No one will ever convince me you told a lie.

It's interesting to look back at a time when I wasn't around. Most of those memories I only know of because of talk, but I never witnessed them. Still, being around for so long and to hear people constantly reminisce makes me feel as if I were there.

Moriarty was REAL!

I'm glad you feel that way, that's why we made the thread! :'D

Sahdomi's Princess

Fistpumping Pumpkin

31,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hairspray Heaven 500
  • Conventioneer 300
Woooooow the names of some of the people in that thread. I think that's nostalgic in itself.

Vintage Gaian

Oh geeze I posted in that thread xd *not this account*

Love it. I always love nostalgia shame I really dont count several years here as nostalgic. They could have been and should have been, but they failed.

Cyberpumpkin's Princess

Wistful Elder

66,725 Points
  • Potion Master 50
  • Miasmal Investigator 100
  • Bonfire Starter 500
This thread was up during a time I had very limited internet access (and also was a hardcore lurker), so I don't think I posted in it.

Wow, look at all those avatars that didn't get resaved after Item Normalization.

Cyberpumpkin's Princess

Wistful Elder

66,725 Points
  • Potion Master 50
  • Miasmal Investigator 100
  • Bonfire Starter 500
Menstrual Cramps
Woooooow the names of some of the people in that thread. I think that's nostalgic in itself.

Arwen was already missing "old Gaia" at the time of the first year anniversary. xd

Vintage Gaian

Chocobo Princess
Menstrual Cramps

Arwen was already missing "old Gaia" at the time of the first year anniversary. xd

A lot of people where, a great deal changed in 1 year. It created a lot of remember when. xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff