Welcome to Gaia! ::

musapan's Wife

Original Gaian

A lot of old users have been returning to Gaia and enjoying it all over again. I'm one of them, and I happened to stumble upon the "Gaia's First Year Memory Timeline" thread.

It's a thread still locked in the Memorable Thread's forum that was made by my friend Zaeyde and myself, with the help of a lot of other users. It outlines month by month all the changes Gaia went through, how members felt, and we reminisced about all the great things that happened on the forums. It's a fun read even if you weren't there!

The last post from that thread, in honor of Gaia for Memorial Day!

Zaeyde
The locking of this thread symbolizes one year on Gaia coming to an end. No, we are not taking these memories, boxing them up, and locking then away forever. Think of it more as a picture frame. By locking this thread, we are taking these memories and placing them in a picture frame to be kept and protected for years to come on Gaia. Because that's what the site is about. It's not about the gold, or the avatars, or the rares, or the economy. It's about the memories we make here. It's about the new friends we make, as well as experiences with people that may not be our friends. And if we simply let them die with the year, what use were they? Store them here, to be looked upon by future generations, as well as you, yourself, who may have forgotten some good times you had. Maybe you will look upon the thread in a year and say, "Oh! I remember that. I wonder how he's doing?" So when we lock this thread, remember. It's not just the door to one year closing. It's the opening of another. With the opening of the Gambino Mansion to bring in the new year, we shall gracefully end the past year. To one year on Gaia! Happy Birthday!

Most of the images of the thread are broken now, but looking through a list of all the good memories from Year One is something special.

Naughty Rabbit

Those memories are seriously special, and now there's 12 years worth of good times on top of it all. It's almost like overload.

I miss most of the people in that thread and I hope more drop by to say hi one day. heart

musapan's Wife

Original Gaian

I know, reading through and seeing everyone we all knew talking in one thread, and reminiscing.. gaah!

Naughty Rabbit

Like being stabbed in the heart with pent up emotion. emo

Perfect Saint

Wasn't around for that one. I joined a couple of months after. I guess it wouldn't really hold much significance to me. The next ones had been cute, but after a while things began to blur up to 2013 when they celebrated the 10th year anniversary. That was a bit fun in its own way. After that...blur.

musapan's Wife

Original Gaian

Myrielle
Wasn't around for that one. I joined a couple of months after. I guess it wouldn't really hold much significance to me. The next ones had been cute, but after a while things began to blur up to 2013 when they celebrated the 10th year anniversary. That was a bit fun in its own way. After that...blur.

I think it's still interesting to read through, since it says when certain things were added, how people felt about it, etc. Even if you weren't a part of it, that first year was the making of very big things to come!

Perfect Saint

Mizuiro
Myrielle

I think it's still interesting to read through, since it says when certain things were added, how people felt about it, etc. Even if you weren't a part of it, that first year was the making of very big things to come!
Maybe I should take a hiatus so I wouldn't feel so jaded. You seem to have more pep and zeal than I do. lol
Try this site. It can give you the time line of events throughout Gaia's history, but unfortunately, it won't give you those nice user comments.

musapan's Wife

Original Gaian

Yeah, reading them as a list of facts isn't really the same thing, hah. I just wanted to share the wonderful feeling it gave me. whee

Most of the people we quoted were mods, or other prominent members, so a lot of people may still even know who they were. It's just interesting to look through and see how the site was compared to now.

Naughty Rabbit

Haha, gaia overload, Myrielle? lol

The fifth annual ball doesn't have an article on there. T-T I don't wanna write it *lazy*

Perfect Saint

Leyna
Haha, gaia overload, Myrielle? lol

The fifth annual ball doesn't have an article on there. T-T I don't wanna write it *lazy*
crying Maybe?

Naughty Rabbit

Myrielle
crying Maybe?
emotion_hug Think we've all been there. sweatdrop

musapan's Wife

Original Gaian

Yeah, I may or may not have rage-quit being a mod at one point. ninja

Naughty Rabbit

Mizuiro
Yeah, I may or may not have rage-quit being a mod at one point. ninja
Pff, that doesn't sound like you. ninja

Getting jaded is a pretty normal thing for anyone. Especially when you're comparing the past to the present. A lot of time the past we're remembering is a rose colored variant of what really was.

Everyday Smoker

42,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
i joined in year 2 so i missed the first year,and i left for some years a while back but recently came back maybe a year ago

musapan's Wife

Original Gaian

Yeah, I've had to really look around and remind myself that the site has actually improved in a lot of ways. Really, it's just the users that have changed. Gaia has become a bit cash hungry now, but that's kind of what it takes to stay afloat too. Which is what we want.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff